Search
Register
RIP Tim Dog?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

poopsnack

RIP Tim Dog?  Reply with quote  

Lost a battle with Diabetes today. His Dateline was insane.

Fuck Compton.

Last edited by poopsnack on Fri May 24, 2013 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:41 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Just heard about this. Aye. Tim Dog was a polarizing character to say the least. Quite a big deal for most east coast kids back in the day. I'm guessing he was less of a big deal to a lot of folks on the west coast. Heh. I owned his album and singles. I have interviews of his that he did on a local RI radio back when Fuck Compton and Step To Me came out. There's some definite gold there and I've been meaning to digitize that stuff for years now.

He was sure he was the best rapper in the world and you know...I guess sometimes that's all that matters in rap. Because what he lacked in actual skill, he made up for in anger, confidence and comedy.

When I was in Jr High, instead of doing a typical book report for Lost Horizon, I rapped the plot of the story over his Penicillin On Wax instrumental. I don't know how I had the gall to do that in a lilly white, anti-rap school but thankfully the teacher loved it. haha. I'm glad he inspired me to say "fuck it, I'm a do me." I'm also glad YouTube didn't exist back then.

Anyway, that's the bulk of my understanding and knowledge of Tim Dog. I didn't stay up on much of his material in the latter years. I do know that he got nabbed for an online dating scam. When I saw the story on Dateline I was laughing my ass off. Seemed like it could have been a good reason for him to emerge on the music scene and do some cool shit. Alas, that's not meant to be. But I'm sure some great stories will come out about him soon and I look forward to that.
Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:03 pm
Seamus Ignoramus

Nice post Sage, thanks. A DJ friend of mine put me on to Tim Dog many years ago. I remember being fascinated at how obsessed by Tim Dog this guy was. He is still saved in my phone contacts as "The Tim Dog Fan Club" rather than by his name.
P.O.W. is a classic album, and Tim had a great voice, but his lyrics let him down at times (notably on "I get wrecked," that track he made with KRS). He could be funny as hell though also, like on "Silly Bitch," which I think was the b-side to "I get wrecked." There were some bangin' tracks on that Ultra album he did with Kool Keith as well. As you probably guessed though Sage, you didn't miss a whole lot by not keeping up with his music in recent years. The last album I listened to with any degree of attentiveness was "Immortal," and it didn't reward attentiveness.
I must admit though, while it was amusing, I wish that dateline programme had been about somebody else. His treatment of some of those women was very shitty (on a side note, the Dutch one was with him when he played a show in Dublin a few years back), and he showed no remorse when talking about it. It was ugly to see someone who was a big name in my hip hop world hung out to dry like that for public consumption.
Still though, it was a small chapter in the overall picture of his life. And it was shocking to hear that he has left us. R.I.P.
Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:36 pm
Prontoid

In the mid naughties somehow an official or unnofficial chapter of the Zulu nation started running some gigs in my home town which is about as far away from the Bronx as you can get..

They ran a gig and Tim Dog was the headline, what followed was one of the most awesome performances I've seen...I felt like I was in that show quantum leap...he spent the entire performances berating Snoop and Dre like it was 1993..the best thing was, there was clearly no (intentional) humour on his behalf..there was however a lot of extremely aggressive, sloppy rapping (including forgetting most of the words to Fuk Compton)...I loved every moment of it...
Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:41 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

RIP.
Did you all see the Dateline? I'd never seen it until the other day.

Best comment: "Tim Dog 5 CD Box set???? of what? F**K COMPTON in 5000 different remixes?"

Also, for some reason, I always thought "Buttnaked Tim Dawg" was the same as Tim Dog and didn't realize the truth until he died.
Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:53 am
Marcus Forealius

Seamus Ignoramus wrote:
And it was shocking to hear that he has left us. R.I.P.

Maybe not....

Post Sat May 18, 2013 12:28 pm
Jared Paul

Marcus Forealius wrote:
Seamus Ignoramus wrote:
And it was shocking to hear that he has left us. R.I.P.

Maybe not....

It's the recent live audio of Kool Keith and TR talking on the Conspiracy World podcast that's most interesting to me:

Check out the Conspiracy Worldwide podcast below and scroll to 2hr:31min where Kool Keith and TR can’t stop laughing about Tom Dog’s death saying “there’s more to the story” and that they “can’t really comment on it” then at 2hr:49min the host calls Tim Dog’s phone number and some dude answers only to hang-up and have that number disconnected the next day. -UGSMAG.com

http://conspiracyworldwide.podomatic.com/entry/2013-04-04T10_32_48-07_00
Post Sat May 18, 2013 12:46 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
poopsnack

Best news of the day! So Rad. So crazy.
Post Sat May 18, 2013 1:24 pm
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

I think we can officially slap a question mark on the title of this thread. Arrest warrant issued.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.23984/title.woman-accuses-tim-dog-of-faking-his-death-arrest-warrant-issued/

" In a bizarre turn of events, an arrest warrant has been issued for Tim Dog. Still believed to be deceased, WREG reports that Esther Pilgrim prompted authorities in Desoto County, Mississippi to issue an arrest warrant for the man born Timothy Blair.

Prosecutor Steven Jubera helped obtain the warrant. “I need proof,” said Jubera, seeking a death certificate.“I need a death certificate showing that’s he’s dead because as far as I’m concerned, he’s alive.” Jubera also told WREG,“Nobody said where he died, nobody said where he was buried, which is very odd for an obituary.”

Tim Dog's family has yet to speak publicly on the allegations."
Post Wed May 22, 2013 9:43 pm
Jared Paul

That interview where TR Love and Kool Keith were laughing about it and then got pissed like NO COMMENT. RIDICULOUS
Post Thu May 23, 2013 1:04 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
phataccino

My favorite part of this whole story is the fact that his restitution to that lady is $100 a month. Tim Dog, or anyone for that matter, faking their own death over $100 per month would be the best thing ever.
Post Thu May 23, 2013 4:42 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

The layers of ridiculousness here are quite impressive.
At this point, there's no doubt in my mind that he faked his own death. I'm guessing everyone feels the same way.
Post Thu May 23, 2013 5:57 pm
Plum Puddin'

Run dog, run.
Post Thu May 23, 2013 8:53 pm
icarus502
kung-pwn master

phataccino wrote:
My favorite part of this whole story is the fact that his restitution to that lady is $100 a month. Tim Dog, or anyone for that matter, faking their own death over $100 per month would be the best thing ever.

Right? Who fakes their death over $10000?
Post Fri May 24, 2013 11:20 am
phataccino

icarus502 wrote:
phataccino wrote:

Right? Who fakes their death over $10000?

I guess conceivably--and if you take what some of the other people mentioned in those videos have said at face value--he may owe much more money to other people, but still.

I also think it's great that, not only did he not disconnect his phone or get a new number after faking his death, but he kept answering calls from random phone numbers that he didn't recognize, then, when someone says "It's great news that you're alive, Tim Dog," instead of being like "Huh, this is Kevin," or something, he just says "How'd you get this number." I'm not much for People Magazine or TMZ, so I have no idea what kind of scandals other celebrities are up to, but his is my favorite celebrity scandal of 2013 by far.
Post Fri May 24, 2013 3:30 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next