Search
Register
THE Video Game Discussion Thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

one question though

was there also rumors of a stripped down xboxone for strictly gaming, i wonder if thats yet to be announced or if it was just a rumor

also theres a fucking fee to play used games? what a bunch of assholes
Post Wed May 22, 2013 8:55 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/50051/the-warriors-coming-next-week-to-psn.html

please come to 360!
Post Wed May 22, 2013 9:09 pm
Plum Puddin'

I caught my sim wife cheating so i murdered her in a house fire. I watched her burn through a window.

Her sim sister consoled me and eventually gave up the simpoon.

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW SIMCUNTS?!

I hate winter.
Post Wed May 22, 2013 9:12 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

gta 5 will be for current and i think that will do for awhile before the switch, the cross over
Post Wed May 22, 2013 10:43 pm
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/30/ea-online-pass-content-now-free

thank god. was getting tired of this EA Online Pass BS
Post Thu May 30, 2013 6:12 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

metro last light is fucking badass thats all i gotta say, still need to revisit 2033 though

i just got a sega genesis emulator with all games , super nintendo was always my favorite and i actually never owned a genesis just played at friends houses and whatnot , but now i clearly like snes way better still, ALTHOUGH sega is also pretty badass in its own right and style and some games for sega ARE in fact better than snes

what are the best sega games to check out since i dont really know

i just found out they have blaster master 2! not as good as the first but i dig the art style a lot
Post Thu May 30, 2013 9:43 pm
Reggie

Neuro wrote:
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/50051/the-warriors-coming-next-week-to-psn.html

please come to 360!

FUCKING YES!!!!!!!!
Post Fri May 31, 2013 9:12 am
Mikal kHill

Someone game me Blood Dragon for my birthday. I've started it 4 times. The game keeps erasing my saves after I'm about 25 minutes in. I dunno if I'll pick it up again.

Played To The Moon the other day> It's basically a game as a storytelling vehicle. No fighting, etc. But it was the most depressing thing I have ever played. Made me cry like 30 times.
Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:15 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

are you playing blood dragon on pc or ,360/ps3

mine works great on 360 , if i remember though it has a pretty long intro you might need to finish all that first

i still havent completed the game, in these open world games i try to freeroam and fuck around as much as possible instead plowing through missions, i really like that basicly the only thing you are really doing in the game is constantly upgrading to make freeroaming/sandboxing better , so i just upgrades some stuff here and there, mess around for awhile, upgrade again, and randomly do missions here and there, Here and There with all that shit i tell ya

i think im finally learning how to treat borderlands(2) like that too

borderlands2 is a massive game ill give it that, i dont know if or when ill ever make it to the dlc
Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:23 am
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Juan wrote:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/30/ea-online-pass-content-now-free

thank god. was getting tired of this EA Online Pass BS

finally, i can play somebody in NHL 2009 when the Red Wings were actually good..
Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:07 pm
Captiv8

I Am Alive is certainly one of the more refreshing titles available for XBLA. It's been sitting on my backburner for some time, but I finally delved into it fully today. I thought that the developers did a really great job of pacing the game, alternating between combat, climbing, and groping your way through the dust-laden streets. Some parts were incredibly challenging, especially since it wasn't always clear where to go, and/or because supplies were very sparse. Early on I barely made it through certain sections, as my stamina or health were super low. Learning how to manage your resources, as well as saving what was required for saving survivors, was difficult, but ultimately really rewarding. And nothing was better than surprising a thug with a quick machete slice to the throat. A nice little survivor-type game worth a look.
Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:23 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i know im way late

but ill bring up this:

when i say Dark Souls what is your first immediate thoughts?

and also, i'll ask Skyrim Vs Darksouls = Checkers vs Chess?

and overall what would you say about Skyrim vs Darksouls?
Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:41 am
Prontoid

Neuro wrote:
i know im way late

but ill bring up this:

when i say Dark Souls what is your first immediate thoughts?

and also, i'll ask Skyrim Vs Darksouls = Checkers vs Chess?

and overall what would you say about Skyrim vs Darksouls?

It's not really fair to compare them as they are completely difference games, but what Skyrim does well Dark Souls doesn't do well, and vice versa.

In terms of fun and enjoyability, I rate Dark Souls way higher than Skyrim. I have far more respect for the gameplay aspects of it than Skyrim. The combat in Skyrim is what get's me everytime, it's really, really crap (in my opinion) especially compared to something like Dark Souls. I lost interest in SKyrim and Oblivion at about the 40-50 hour mark, barely making a dent on the content.

Dark Souls is very hard. It requires patience and smarts. It's not unfair though. It's not cheap. If you know what you are doing you can beat the game quite quickly. It doesn't require you to grind at all.

I jumped straight into Dark Souls back when I had no internet, I played it for a week or so and did not get far at all. I thought I had to just grind to get my character's experience up. In the end I felt like I was banging my head against a brick wall because I was not getting far and progress was taking far to long, I knew I was doing something wrong. I spent a day reading up about strategy on the internet and came back to it, once you start peeling back the layers of what the game is about it makes much more sense and is far more enjoyable.

If you want story and immersion in a fantasy world, Skyrim is going to get the nod. If you want a game that requires skill, and is both frustrating and very rewarding, it's Dark Souls.
Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:46 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Dark Souls is insane

in a very good way

the difficulty is all part of the game and you should realize that and accept it

baby steps consistently
Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:02 pm
Captiv8

I hope you picked up Dark Souls for $9.99 on Games on Demand. Great price.

Far Cry to is, if you'll allow the pun and redundancy, a far cry from Far Cry 3. No stealth, no hud, constant reincarnating enemies. It's ridiculous. Apparently it's also very different from Far Cry 1 as well, but I can't speak from experience. Anyway, I'm trying to finish the second installment, finally.

Also, State of Decay is out, homies. Get your survival on.
Post Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:21 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 325, 326, 327 ... 353, 354, 355  Next