Search
Register
"WORKING MAN" LP - Prolyphic & Buddy Peace
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

Nemonic7

I like 12 Percenters more than any of the other two releases off the album. I can't stop playing it. Got the email a couple days ago that the preorder shipped :).

Edit: Correction what was shipped was my other SFR order not the Working Man preorder. I ordered it separately. i received my other SFR order today: the Artist Goes Pop vinyl. Tried the new mp3 converter turntable I have and disappointed that the bit rate quality is poor, less than that of my other mp3s and the sound comes out kind of airy (like recording music through a microphone pressed against a speaker) and I see no way to adjust the bit rate or sound quality for this turntable conversion and it seems that that's just the way the sound is as that low quality sound is what I hear just playing the record through my computer. Oh well better than nothing.

It's better to have the Salt instrumental in low quality form than to not have it at all.

Can't wait for Working Man to come in the mail.
Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:57 pm
SFR announcement

"Working Man" is shipping now! It is (theoretically) available in all stores. If you don't find it in your local music store, feel free to ask them to order it through Redeye Distribution. As always, we'll continue offering package deals here:

www.tinyurl.com/WorkingManLP

Here's a great album review we just got in from the Echo Chamber:
http://theechochamberblog.com/2013/04/29/prolyphic-buddy-peace-working-man-album-review/

Also, here's a new leak from the album:

"UNPOPULAR DEMAND"
Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:11 pm
Marcus Forealius

This is apparently streaming on Spotify as well. Just listened to the album all the way through, and it's pretty damn solid. All of the tracks are very complementary to one another.

Hoping to stop into the SFR storefront soon to pick this up, and play chess with the cat that wanders around in that building.
Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:58 am
anomaly
Loserface

Never been much of a Prolyphic fan but I'm feeling the shit out of this. Can't put my finger on what changed but this is fantastic.
Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:09 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

DEATH OF THE BOOMBOX
Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:28 am
Nemonic7

Album's definitely a head banger.
Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:38 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

New video!

"Go Green"

This was debuted on MTV Hive today:
www.mtvhive.com/2013/04/30/prolyphic-go-green-video/

Many thanks to Aupheus for putting together that video. It's magical. When we all watched it in the office together there was a collective giddiness. haha. Shit is awesome.
Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:45 pm
SFR announcement

If anyone knows, could you let us know how to embed these videos without them automatically playing? No one likes being bombarded with sound without pressing play.

In other news, for those who don't want to purchase the album digitally from us at www.tinyurl.com/WorkingManLP, "Working Man" is now available on Bandcamp:

http://strangefamousrecords.bandcamp.com/album/working-man
Post Wed May 01, 2013 7:01 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

thats weird, is that something new youtube started? it wasnt doing that before
Post Wed May 01, 2013 8:31 pm
SFR announcement

Yeah, it started last week or so. I'm not sure if it's a setting I've overlooked or what.
Post Wed May 01, 2013 8:56 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i just realized 12 percenters isnt on the album

what happened with that, didnt fit in?

such a great jam
Post Wed May 01, 2013 9:40 pm
SFR announcement

It's a free downloaded and, in case people missed it, a bonus track on the digital download.
Post Thu May 02, 2013 1:36 am
smake

Twelve percenters is a bonus track on the (physical) album, right after the last track.

Got the cd yesterday. Like The Ugly Truth, this will take time and effort to get into, but from the first few spins, I know the rewards will be big. I was bummed that there wouldn't be another record with Reanimator, but happy when I heard Buddy Peace would be the next producer.

This definitely sounds like a different record, not The Ugly Truth part 2, and that's a big compliment. The beats are heavy and the lyrics demand your attention, so I will keep listening. After a wait of five years it's great to finally get a new record by Prolyphic.

Favorites so far: Stale Bread Winners Part 1 and 2 (just do an entire record over moody piano tunes!), Back By Unpopular Demand, Death of the Boombox and Hand Grenade.
Post Thu May 02, 2013 1:38 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

sorry maybe i didnt word that right, or maybe the right person with knowledge hasnt answered

i mean why isnt the track part of the Official album , as a whole piece type deal, seems like it would fit in Officially and not just as a bonus/free cut

ya know what i mean?
Post Thu May 02, 2013 10:27 am
SFR announcement

Ah yes, it's on the CD and not on the digital version. Sorry, I mixed that up.

There are a few songs that were left off the final *official* version of the album. The reason why Twelve Percenters didn't make the final cut is because we were trying to keep the album around 45-50 minutes long. It wasn't fitting in with the arrangement that we thought worked best. Also, since most of the topics on that song are addressed elsewhere on the album, it just seemed like it might best to use as a bonus cut or promo release.
Post Thu May 02, 2013 8:59 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next