Search
Register
Brett said he's proud to have me in the Epitaph family
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG
the godfather of troll

the people on that board are just about as closeminded as most hip hop fans..it reeks of hip hop purism just change the "punk" terms and u will find similiar arguements on many hip hop boards

its funny to see so many people commmenting on stuff they know nothing about

and what their perception is
Post Fri May 30, 2003 12:05 pm
natas sevol dog

i found my favorite guy on there
Bobbycuff

"Yeah but this is originally a punk rock label, and punk rock is pretty much ANTI RAP and Hip Hop. Punk isnt here for change, its here to stay the same forever" oh and this is his last sentance "half of the people posting on this board are morons who have no clue what there talkin about."
Post Fri May 30, 2003 1:30 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ryan

i'm rollin' with a 40 pack of niggaaas
-redman
Post Fri May 30, 2003 1:50 pm
D_zyner

HAHAHA... "punkpoppa" a funny little guy:

Quote:

goddammit! everyone is selling out to rap music. i haven't heard this sage francis dude, but if he talks about diamonds, money, expensive cars, and whores, i don't like you guys (Epitaph) anymore!!!!

And of course "bobbycuff" is a very intelligent person... This is some funny sh*t, I've wasted 3 hours at work reading the posts on there. Talk about some spoiled whiney little punk kids!!

Now all you gotta do Sage is come out with a new "Gangsta Rap" single and really piss 'em off!

Last edited by D_zyner on Fri May 30, 2003 2:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Fri May 30, 2003 1:53 pm
Micranot

hah  Reply with quote  

or how those of them on the board who do know of sage and like him seem to only know makeshift patriot, probably think hes some anti government rapper or something, wonder how many of em even bothered to check out PJ
Post Fri May 30, 2003 1:57 pm
excellrec

they got some pretty cool videos on there, i suggest checkin out the rancid video, it's totally sweet. I've been lookin for good punk music to listen to, well no i haven't but i've been waitin for good punk to fall in mylap, thanks for signin to epitaph sage
Post Fri May 30, 2003 6:37 pm
squirtisblow

haha funny thing is hip hop is exactly like punk and the way each talks about each other and the culture that each is representing
Post Fri May 30, 2003 7:05 pm
natas sevol dog

ya the similarities are really really funny. everyone thinks what they listen to is the "real" shit, it seems a lot of the people in whichever genre from the early 90s turned out pretty elitist, the ones that were in it the earliest are usually the most accepting out of all. etc.. it goes on and on

those are my generalizations and im stickin to it for now
Post Fri May 30, 2003 8:16 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
duck_shoe

best comment ever  Reply with quote  

in regards to sellouts: "At least we will have Victory Records..."

<sarcasm>Yeah, good thing you do. Great label.</sarcasm>
Post Sat May 31, 2003 2:14 am
gerhupsom vanbone

I liked this response

"im so fucking punk (TM) my mom gave me a mohawk tonight! im gunna go burn rap records in my new hot topic operation ivy shirt cause im that punk (tm)"
Post Sat May 31, 2003 7:19 am
gerhupsom vanbone

"I am a TruePunkTM as you can see I wear my TruePunkTMUniform(purchased at the mall of course) so I can look just like everybody who is different. I am a TruePunkTM so I am going to dictate how PunkTM,a music that is about change and beingdifferent is supposed to sound like. PunkTM should sound like every other music that is about challenging the status quo it should not go "against the grain" of the PunkRockTM formula"
Post Sat May 31, 2003 7:21 am
Chrizz

Sarcastro wrote:
"Hey whats wrong with diversity. I never heard Sages material but im sure Epitaph wouldnt fuck us over and sign some sorry ass Mc who rapped about bitches , rims and how much money he has."

Sage, I think this is a challenge. your next album should be a collabo project with Master P called "Bitches, Rims and how much Money we got....uhhhhhhhhhhhh, nana nana"

just to piss off those damn punk kids, and to finally get yourself the 5 mics from the Source.

hahaha
Post Sat May 31, 2003 9:57 am
themanifestdestiny

True Happiness  Reply with quote  

I just hope you make it to buddyhead.com for this one. Then I will cream the thickest chunkiest load of all time.
Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:57 am
Yossarian

Oh baby, how proud this makes me to be punk....
I always thought punk embodied a set of ideals, the ideals of questioning beliefs, looking for answers, tolerating and encouraging diversity, and having fun whilst helping people and having a fuckass good time. Enacting political change must not be trendy anymore, and god forbid we don't mosh in chains and spikes and our awesome new All-American Rejects shirts. Now maybe I'm being unfair in being nostalgic to a day where Descendents, NOFX, and Bad Religion dominated (for chrissakes, I wasn't even alive then!). Maybe I shouldn't be drawing DIY comparisons between Fugazi and Sage Francis. And perhaps I should completely steer clear of suggesting that a community or culture should not in any way be based entirely around the sound of its music, but I better do all these things. I really think it is amusing that in my school all the goth kids complain about having no friends, and all the punks say they're being trounced on by the jocks, when both of these groups outnumber most other groups in my 11th and 12th grade school of almost 2000 students. To borrow from Chris Rock, I don't have twenty friends, hell, I don't have twenty people I know. Before I turn this into a rant, I just want to wish Sage the best of luck and congratulations on the whole deal, it'll be good in freeing up time spent procuring funds, and make it available for instead writing the excellent music I've seen from you in the past.

Also, now that you're a mega-celebrity, are you going to go all Jay and Silent Bob on these kids asses for dissing you in a message board?
Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:07 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

sure. how does one go all Jay and Silent Bob?
Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:56 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next