Search
Register
Anonymous hacks BofA & unveils a Buck 65 keyword. Wha?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Anonymous hacks BofA & unveils a Buck 65 keyword. Wha?  Reply with quote  

Full article here:

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/anonymous-hacked-bank-of-america?utm_source=vicetwitter

Here's the part of the article I referenced in the subject line which is kind of bugging us all out:

A list of thousands of keywords was included in the released data, presumably to aid Bank of America in data mining. According to Par:AnoIA, “The keyword list is just ridiculous. It has become a running joke to use the keywords in every sentence now, rendering it useless.” The ridiculousness of the keywords frankly cannot be overstated. Among the words Bank of America was searching for, I found “homosexual,” “demonology,” and “Buck 65.” The last is the name of a Canadian hip-hop artist. However there are also terms like “OccupyWallStreet,” “Internet Kill Switch,” and “Interrogation.”
Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:13 pm
Captiv8

When stuff like this happens I feel like I really don't know what's happening anymore. Time was you never had to worry about hackers, good or bad, or companies gathering copious amounts of intel through the internet on consumers. I also feel increasingly out of the loop when it comes to computers. I consider myself competent in how to use them, but obviously not to their fullest potential. Coding ya'll. It's the future, and Will.I.Am. knows it.
Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:26 pm
Jack

Re: Anonymous hacks BofA & unveils a Buck 65 keyword. Wh  Reply with quote  

Sage Francis wrote:
Full article here:

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/anonymous-hacked-bank-of-america?utm_source=vicetwitter

Here's the part of the article I referenced in the subject line which is kind of bugging us all out:

A list of thousands of keywords was included in the released data, presumably to aid Bank of America in data mining. According to Par:AnoIA, “The keyword list is just ridiculous. It has become a running joke to use the keywords in every sentence now, rendering it useless.” The ridiculousness of the keywords frankly cannot be overstated. Among the words Bank of America was searching for, I found “homosexual,” “demonology,” and “Buck 65.” The last is the name of a Canadian hip-hop artist. However there are also terms like “OccupyWallStreet,” “Internet Kill Switch,” and “Interrogation.”

What haha?

bet youve never seen it like this before
Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:41 pm
Limbs

That is awesome.
Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:58 am
Jared Paul

The original canisters were hidden in the bannisters...
Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:50 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Jump to: