Search
Register
the usual TV thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Captiv8

Finally got into Justified. Fantastic show! I've never had any particular feelings about Timothy Olyphant before, but seeing him in this has put him in a new light. I just finished the first season, and now I need to figure out an easy and cheap way to get my hands on season two. Lovefilm discs, I suppose. I guess that means I'll have to change the region code on my laptop's DVD drive. Bastards!
Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:14 am
mancabbage

did anyone watch house of cards?
Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:41 pm
ROTTY

I watched the first episode and it seems good but gonna watch a couple more before i commit to it. Kevin Spacey is great and I like the way his character talks to the audience. It gets you immediately onside.
Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:43 pm
Limbs

I want to watch Justified. I've only heard good things. I fell asleep watching the first ep of House Of Cards last night. I remember being annoyed by the fourth wall breaking. Something wasn't working for me. I think maybe I just want every show to be Breaking Bad right now. I'll give it another shot.
Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:13 pm
Captiv8

Limbs wrote:
I want to watch Justified. I've only heard good things. I fell asleep watching the first ep of House Of Cards last night. I remember being annoyed by the fourth wall breaking. Something wasn't working for me. I think maybe I just want every show to be Breaking Bad right now. I'll give it another shot.

I just started the second season of Justified and it continues to impress. I can see it getting tiresome if they drag out certain plot points for too long, but right now I like how it interweaves general criminality with the recurring plotline. And like I said before, Olyphant is fantastic in the lead role. Really impressive, actually.

I also started watching Sons of Anarchy again, third season. I stopped for whatever reason, but now that I'm back into the swing of things I'm remembering how great the show is. I'm excited to see where everything is heading.
Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:44 pm
Stormshadow

Limbs wrote:

This.
Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:47 pm
Limbs

Captiv8 wrote:
Limbs wrote:

I just started the second season of Justified and it continues to impress. I can see it getting tiresome if they drag out certain plot points for too long, but right now I like how it interweaves general criminality with the recurring plotline. And like I said before, Olyphant is fantastic in the lead role. Really impressive, actually.

Yeah I caught him on nerdist a few weeks ago. Sounded like he knows what he's doing.
Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:28 pm
Captiv8

You know what strikes me as weird about Sons of Anarchy? The dude that compulsively masturbates, right, he has those gloves on that apparently keep him from jerkin the gherkin. Buuuut, homeboy is always in the clubhouse, serving coffee, popping beers open, answering the phone, et cetera. So you're telling me he can fully grab onto the handle of a full coffee pot or grab a beer, surely larger than the average engorged member, but he can no longer manage to latch onto his poor chapped dick? This indicates two possibilities: this guy has a dick circumference greater than a beer bottle, or the show's producers are all laughing at us for not questioning this terrible incongruity. The devil is in the details.
Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:07 pm
xGasPricesx

Captiv8 wrote:
You know what strikes me as weird about Sons of Anarchy? The dude that compulsively masturbates, right, he has those gloves on that apparently keep him from jerkin the gherkin. Buuuut, homeboy is always in the clubhouse, serving coffee, popping beers open, answering the phone, et cetera. So you're telling me he can fully grab onto the handle of a full coffee pot or grab a beer, surely larger than the average engorged member, but he can no longer manage to latch onto his poor chapped dick? This indicates two possibilities: this guy has a dick circumference greater than a beer bottle, or the show's producers are all laughing at us for not questioning this terrible incongruity. The devil is in the details.

From what I know of Sutter, I highly doubt he's laughing at us for not questioning. He seems like the kind of guy that expects the audience not to question things and gets angry when they do, at least from what I've seen from him on Twitter and what not.

Also, Justified is a really great show, it's definitely one of my favorite shows on TV nowadays. The writing and acting are both extremely solid, it's funny but can also pull off some really poignantly sad moments, sometimes with some funny thrown in those as well. I'm all caught up on the show and I can say that it stays awesome throughout halfway through season 4 so far, and I imagine that will continue till at least the end of this season, but hopefully for a couple more seasons to come. Also, Boyd Crowder is probably one of my favorite characters ever. I'm so glad Goggins got that role, because he is so good in it, and from what I've read he played a pretty big hand in shaping the character and convincing the producers to keep him around longer than the first episode.
Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:24 pm
Captiv8

I was joking about the goof being deliberate. Chucky is a minor character, so I don't expect there to be much thought on his role. Still, this discrepancy has been bothering me all of season three. Also totally bullshit was how the Sons managed to get into Northern Ireland no bother, WITH their motorcycles. What? Beyond bogus. Also, Titus Welliver isn't half-bad at the accent, even if he makes some strange faces.

Boyd Crowder is a truly great character, you're right. Eerie in a strange way, but also somehow likable. From what I've read, he was only supposed to be in the pilot as a favor to Olyphant, but he was liked so well that he's become a permanent, if conflicted, fixture. Good for Walter Goggins, no doubt.
Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:25 pm
xGasPricesx

I figured you weren't too serious about the Chucky conundrum, I just like to get my jabs on Sutter in when I can.

And yeah, Boyd was only supposed to be in the pilot, but I also remember reading that originally Boyd wasn't supposed to be nearly as smart or charismatic, and was a lot more racist originally, and Goggins came in and asked if they could do something a little different with the character.
Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:29 pm
anomaly
Loserface

Watching the Grammys with the wife and suddenly this guy is head banging while playing standup bass for a country band. Soooo fucking metal.
Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:37 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

anyone watch fringe? im on disc 2 of season 2 this show has me hooked from the start. im curious to see how far they can possibly take the alternate universe thing
Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:50 pm
Stormshadow

Stormshadow wrote:
Limbs wrote:

This.

No longer This. Actually ended up watching the entire first season and I loved it.
Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:56 pm
Brynjar

xGasPricesx wrote:
And yeah, Boyd was only supposed to be in the pilot, but I also remember reading that originally Boyd wasn't supposed to be nearly as smart or charismatic, and was a lot more racist originally, and Goggins came in and asked if they could do something a little different with the character.

I have a minor problem with Boyd, dude has had like 3-4 life changing experiences in 3 seasons and is kinda a new character in each season. He's been a dumb racist redneck, a minister and crime boss. Also, Ron Eldard has benn fantastic as Colton Rhodes in the 4th season.
Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:33 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next