Search
Register
Ever play sports again after a major injury?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Brynjar

My ankles are busted after many football (soccer) injuries and there is an audible crack in them with each step I take. I can maybe jog for 100 yard before the strain becomes too much and I have to stop.
Post Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:48 pm
anomaly
Loserface

You should maybe travel around by rollerblade?
Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:13 pm
Captiv8

Are you kidding? Rollerblades are not meant for the weak-ankled. He'd be ass-up and spread eagle faster than you can say Dirk Diggler.
Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:07 pm
anomaly
Loserface

If you get the correct ones, they have ankle support. I'm not talking about hockey style ones.
Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:56 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

On the second to last football game I ever played, someone tackled me and then someone else landed on my ankle. I could have sworn that I heard it crack. I have a photo of it that shows the coaches tending to it as I was laid out on a bench in agony. I still played the last game of the year but it essentially fucked up my running from there on out.

A few months later I was playing hockey and, if that's anything like rollerblading, I can assure you that it's no easier to skate than it is to run with a fucked up ankle. Might be worse. Didn't help that the coaches had no idea what I was talking about when I asked them if they could wrap my ankle. They looked at me like I had 10 heads. "Yeah...my ankle needs to be wrapped. I'm injured. Just throw a bunch of tape around....ah fuck it, just gimme some tape."
Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:56 pm
anomaly
Loserface

Are you telling me the great Sage Francis has never rollerbladed? Come to Texas and hit the parks w me mang. I know all the spots. I'll rollerblade the fuck out of this place with you.

Ha
Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:19 pm
Plum Puddin'

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:41 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Haha. Well, like most kids on my hockey team I got a pair of rollerblades as a kid. However, since I lived on a dirt road the only time I could use them is when I went to the roller rink. That happened maybe twice. I can't remember what it was like, but I do remember that I didn't like roller blading as much as I did ice skating.
Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:54 pm
anomaly
Loserface

Well, its not for everyone, ya pansy. :)

I used to skate for travel when i didn't have a car (early high school) and after high school, i continued on my rollergrind for cardio/trick shit. Then, someone unexpectedly smashed into my Cavalier and stole my $300 pair of K2s, my stereo, my sub/amp, my radar detecter, my CD's (all of them in those 150 count binder books), and my college backpack w close to $400 worth of books. After that I lost interest in getting a new pair...$300 might as well have been $10K those days.. I replaced the stereo system and books instead.

Years later, I got another cheaper pair of blades and got my wife a pair. Just for fitness.....she had only ever used quad skates at this point. Her first rollerblade trip ever....first 20 mins, we hit a hill at this big park going down fast and she got to what seemed like 20 mph. She hit a seam in the sidewalk and fell somehow feet first. As she hit the ground and went into a violent roll, best i can explain it is when cartoons get in a fight and they turn into a tornadoish ball of dust w arms and legs and shit sticking out randomly. When the dust and blood and teeth and tears slid to a stop on the concrete, i had to scrape her off the sidewalk and take her home. Poor girl basically looked like a mummy w the bandages i came up with. We never rollerbladed again.

And that's all i have to say about that......

Last edited by anomaly on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:37 am
SFR announcement

hahahaaa fuck, man. I think I'll stay away from all of that.
That made me sad.
Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:19 am
mattrego

I have torn ACL's in both knees and had them reconstructed. I had to get surgery to clean them out a couple of times, but since then, I had no problems being active. Until this latest injury. It has me considering a lifestyle change.

I ruptured my achilles in February of last year. Doc said it was a standard operation, reattach it and I should be good to go in 6 months. Long story short, I have been anything but good to go. Just recently had more surgery to try and correct problems of the last 11 months. Ugh. Might just stick to biking for exercise because I don't want to go thru this shit again.

I had to go see the doc recently to have my cast loosened up. I snuck a peek at my foot. Here is a nice pic.

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:55 am
Captiv8

Fuck's sake. My butthole just snare-drummed.
Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:05 am
mattrego

Haha!! I will take it down if it is too much for anyone too handle
Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:08 am
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

SFR announcement wrote:
hahahaaa fuck, man. I think I'll stay away from all of that.
That made me sad.

roller blading is far easier then ice skating
i grew up roller blading and the first time i tried ice skating my ankles weren't strong enough and gave out so i never bothered trying again

ice skates obviously are way more efficient then roller blades
if you do get some make sure they have good bearings in them id say abec 4's or better it will save a lot of effort

do it sage you know you can if you want...........get wrist guards and knee pads if you are worried about falling
Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:23 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

mattrego wrote:
I have torn ACL's in both knees and had them reconstructed. I had to get surgery to clean them out a couple of times, but since then, I had no problems being active. Until this latest injury. It has me considering a lifestyle change.

I ruptured my achilles in February of last year. Doc said it was a standard operation, reattach it and I should be good to go in 6 months. Long story short, I have been anything but good to go. Just recently had more surgery to try and correct problems of the last 11 months. Ugh. Might just stick to biking for exercise because I don't want to go thru this shit again.

I had to go see the doc recently to have my cast loosened up. I snuck a peek at my foot. Here is a nice pic.

WTF do you do?!
Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:51 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next