Have a Hell of a New Year
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Have a Hell of a New Year  Reply with quote  

"Hell of a Year, LIVE IN AZ"
http://strangefamousrecords.bandcamp.com/track/hell-of-a-year-live-in-az
(I can't figure out how to embed that from Bandcamp.)

This is a live version of "Hell of a Year" where I rap the song over a piano by Nathan Matthews. Every few years something happens that makes the lyrics of this song ring more true to me. This was one of those years, so I'd like to dedicate this live version of the song to 2012. Not that it didn't have some wonderful moments, such as B. Dolan & Prolyphic finally tying the knot with their significant others.

My resolution for the new year will be to finally drop my first official album since the release of LI(F)E in 2010, and unleash the rest of the material I've been sitting on for the past few years via a new "Sick of" mixtape. Beyond that, I'll be working with the Strange Famous Records crew as we gear up to release a slew of new material from several of the artists on our roster. Our first release of 2013 will be "Working Man" by Prolyphic & Buddy Peace. Many more updates to come at www.StrangeFamous.com

SO...all that being said. Any of y'all have special plans for 2013?
I hope it's healthy, happy & successful for all of you.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:07 pm
DeadAwake

Not exactly a new year resolution, but a resolution for the next 7 or 8 years.

To not be a useless waste of flesh, to not be simply shit and pay my dues.

By this i mean: I eat, sleep, shit and a few other things. I need to pay for the food i eat, liquid i drink, air i breathe and impressions i consume. Money and senseless labour will not suffice. Transforming everything i take in and giving it out in a way that has some significance.

I aim to accomplish this, firstly, through utter sincerity with myself. Even if i believe something is true and its a lie, then i think i am lying (Sorry Scroobius, i may be deluded though). If i cant verify something, than i will have to adopt uncertainty and admit that "I don't know". Still, not letting this barricade ideas, feelings and so forth stirring in me. I've noticed some situations demand you act immediately. For instance, if i dont say something immediately, i will be given the broken end of the stick or allow something destructive to happen. So the best way to prepare, i think, is through this sincerity in small and seemingly meaningless instances.

This also encompasses facing everything undesirable. At times i have shyed away from the "conspiracy world".

Part of this sincerity would be killing any false sense of worth and entitlement, by never expecting anything without giving something and deleting the disposition toward know-it-allism. Sometimes, i will try to give advice to someone, then afterwards experience remorse, because who am i to say if its anything good for them. I may be enabling a bad habit in them.

For my well-wishing: I hope for people that in this new year one innermost, unselfish desire is realized and fulfilled, partially or completely.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:06 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

new sage check

new b dolan check

new cecil ?

new sleep?

unreleased plum?

kurtis beats please

reanimator beats please

chuck d guest appearance please

SFR presents label compilation type deal please

PEACE and THANK YOU

love ya regardless
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:29 am
poopsnack

I hope 2013 brings you health, closer to your family and friends, more enjoyable work, and prosperity. In that order.
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:19 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Cecil has confirmed that he's very close to his album finally getting wrapped up this year. But I *think* he said that last year as well. He's very meticulous, bordering on Dr. Dre perfectionism, so we're just going to let him work at his own comfortable pace and not add extra stress to the process. I must say though, I'm really looking forward to this material. I've always loved his lyrics, but his production has been developing in crazy ways over the past couple of years.

Reanimator will have a few beats on my upcoming stuff. As will Kurtis SP. Whooooooo....bangaz, kid. Haha. Seriously.

Unreleased Curtis Plum material still sitting in my folder. With so much happening this year, that material might need to wait for a less busy year to get released. I'm guessing we'll be receiving some brand new stuff from him as this year goes on, which will leave us more options.

Not so sure where Sleep is at outside of the Chicharones stuff but if he ever presents another solo album to us, or if he wants our help in developing one, I'm down to work on that. Probably not this year though.

And although Chuck D promised a collaboration a few years ago, I don't see it happening. I did send a couple emails when I had song ideas, but nothing came of it. I hold him in too high respect to start bugging him over a collabo.. Like, "Hey...hey...song time now? Let's do this!" Nah...I can't do that. haha. I'd love to have a song with him, but I'm also totally happy just remaining a fanboy.

The Prolyphic and Buddy Peace album is 100% mixed and mastered. We're still unsure of what to do with cover art, but once that is situated we will begin leaking some tracks/videos. I'm excited to kick that promo campaign into gear. Been a long time coming.
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:51 pm
Jack

in regards to sfr, 2013 is looking awesome. Super excited on all of that stuff
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:18 pm
Szechwan

You fuckin rascal, dropping in on slugs ama to thief some upvotes.

Happy new years folks! I'm not an overly vocal member of the community but I'll always love this place for the discourse.
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:09 pm
Disharmony

"It's been a tough year, you say that life ain't fair. Guess what baby, life aint, dems the brakes. You say life ain't worth it? But it is, you gotta work it, nobody's life is perfect."

This line has stuck with me since the days this track first dropped. Happy New Year everyone. Cheers to SFR!
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:07 pm
FuseONE

jesus that first picture is creepy
Post Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:44 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Hahaha I think you're the first person to mention that. When no one else on all the other social networks commented on the creepiness I began doubting my ability to gauge such things.
Post Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:18 am
al(phonic)

Re: Have a Hell of a New Year  Reply with quote  

Sage Francis wrote:

My resolution for the new year will be to finally drop my first official album since the release of LI(F)E in 2010, and unleash the rest of the material I've been sitting on for the past few years via a new "Sick of" mixtape.

awwwwshitson!!!!

my resolution is to finish my novel and start the next one. and to get off my ass and get this shit out there. i will have a website soon (thanks kahbang arts!!), and plan on using that to try to garner some interest

on a semi-side note, the new chicharones is incredible. very interesting song structures and rhyme deliveries. why does josh martinez suck now without sleepy next to him?

cheers to you all in the new year, lets do this
Post Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:06 am
Bring that Beat Back

Sage Francis wrote:

Reanimator will have a few beats on my upcoming stuff.

Yes!
Post Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:50 pm
Limbs

I like all the things said here!
Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:42 pm
remind

Better to be strange famous.

This is y'all's year for the taking!
Post Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:05 pm

Jump to: