Search
Register
The November New England SFR bonanza (2012) is DONE.
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

b. dolan
FBI agent

The November New England SFR bonanza (2012) is DONE.  Reply with quote  

Yes yeah!
SFR Thanksgiving Family Dinner.

11/24 - QUINCY, MA:

B. DOLAN
JUAN DEUCE & FALSIDE
PROLYPHIC

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/287290

11/25 - PROVIDENCE, RI:

B. DOLAN
JUAN DEUCE & FALSIDE
METERMAIDS
PROLYPHIC

http://fete.frontgatetickets.com/choose.php?a=1&lid=74595&eid=84184

Last edited by b. dolan on Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:43 am
lacezilla

Will you have the apocalypse shirts be in tow? Preferably a xxl.
Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:32 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

We will have em for sure.

It's looking like the band will be ready to play a couple songs for these shows, and I'm excited to give it all a try. In particular I'm very curious about Fete, which is rumored to have an amazing sound system.
Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:51 pm
Alan Hague

Dave Booth & I planned to be at Sunday's Providence show, but that was just derailed due to a work schedule change, which is a major bummer. He played the Juan Deuce & Falside album for me, & I'm definitely impressed; it's as solid & engaging as their live show.

If anyone can go to this, they should!
Post Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:43 pm
SFR announcement

Tonight at the Fete!
$13.
8pm doors.

Let's go, Providence.
Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:10 am
erich

Went with my homegirl Caroline (who got an on stage shout out from Uncle Sage!) to the show in Quincy last night. Decent venue and crowd, though it seemed a little off somehow. One of the opening acts made a joke about "gay ravers" and "all drummers have AIDS," which is off-putting. Didn't stop me from getting right up front for a surprise set from Prolyphic (cool to see that wedding band wrapped around a a mic, bud. congrats!) and Juan Deuce and Falside, who were super energetic and had some really choice beats.

I've never seen B Dolan get upstaged but when a super star like Norm from Cheers is out with his daughter for her 21st birthday, what else is B gonna do but get him onstage with Sage for "Too Bad?" I had a really good time getting hype and yelling almost all the words right up front, but I could not keep up with Kaylie (Kylie?) who knew EVERY word to EVERY song, including the new joint about ODB, which was fucking outstanding. She was posted up front at the stage for every set all night, I had so much admiration and respect for her.

Also cool to see Lacezilla from this forum, who I think I hadn't seen since I lived in Providence some years ago. Said hey to B and Sage briefly but I think maybe they didn't recognize me with facial hair. Glad to see SFR still doing the damn thing, really wish I could come see METERMAIDS tonight in PVD, maybe i'll try to make it down there anyway...
Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:15 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Weird! I absolutely did NOT recognize you. I'm sorry about that, man. I'm usually really great with face recognition even if I can't remember names. That must be a helluva beard, homie. haha. Anyway, sorry I didn't recognize you. Would've been cool to catch up on some things.

That Quincy show was pretty bizarre. If I knew that the promoter was going to tack 6 or 7 acts onto the bill, I wouldn't have arrived at 8pm. FUCK's SAKE. Whatever the case, playing that spot was a total experiment that Mr. Dolan was willing to entertain. I don't reckon you'll see us return there any time soon. haha.

By the time B hit the stage, I was so worn out. It won't be like that tonight. And, if we can all agree to speak with promoters about this ahead of time, it won't ever happen again.
Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:55 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to: