Search
Register
Tron has a wheelchair! (updated with happy pics)
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Prontoid

FuseONE wrote:
mancabbage wrote:
FuseONE wrote:
So what exactly is the sister's beef with you taking care of your dog? i don't get people.

some people are just cunts man, nothing you can do

Not to sidetrack the conversation here, but I've always thought it was rather humorous how the english drop "cunt" so much more casually than we do here. in america, it's just about the worst thing you can call a woman and thus, it's pretty rarely used. i think in england, it's almost like calling someone a "jerk" in america, right mancabbage?

In Australia it's pretty much a substitute for 'dude'...like "look at this c*nt" or "this c*nt thinks he's top sh1t" or "man, there were a heap of c*nts at that gig last night"...........it is pretty sloppy slang to use though imo and still sounds base...mostly younger males use it
Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:35 pm
FuseONE

I finally watched the video expecting to weep like a little girl. But knowing that he's doing better now helped make it easier. And it seems like he's in good spirits and able to still move around some and play a bit and have fun. Good luck lants :)
Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:05 pm
Lants

An updated video of Tron!

She has improved a lot. Some days I am positive her tail is moving on its own.

In this video she is wearing a harness on her back legs to hold her up as she can't fully hold herself up yet. Also rubber shoes to protect her feet from dragging on the concrete.

Happy days.
Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:20 pm
Captiv8

So wee Tron has some movement in the back legs now? She looked like she was doing her best to move along. That dog's spirit is pretty awesome. Hopefully the healing process continues!
Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:22 pm
Dr Sagacious

Yay! This is some good news on a day that hasn't been a great one! That dog has more determination than most humans I've seen. This is awesome.
Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:04 pm
anomaly
Loserface

Glad Tron's doing much better, but this video still makes me sad a bit. Having 2 dogs myself that are basically my only children, I hate to see any dog struggle; they're such badass creatures. Turns me into a big teary bitch.

Hope the physical progress continues. Any definitive answer or idea what happened w Tron to cause this yet?
Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:08 am
Lants

in this clip you can see she runs along like a tiny steamroller - that is classic Tron. she has the upper body strength of a koala.
i think the reason that she's doing so well is that she's treated like my little person. i love her to death. sometimes her tail wags on its own when she's happy and it almost makes me cry.

still no closer to knowing what actually happened. when i think about it, i am sure that the groomer must have dropped her that day. honestly though there is nothing to gain from going backwards. i have no interest trying to make them admit it because it will get us nowhere.
Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:35 am
zagadka
DARK PAST HAVER

You go, Tron!

She's got the spirit to live and be happy, some animals just have that extra special quality to them. I think some people can pick up on that and bond really closely with their pets, and the people who don't kind of snub it with the "its just an animal" type attitude. I feel sorry for them, they're missing out.
Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:46 am
Captiv8

zagadka wrote:
You go, Tron!

She's got the spirit to live and be happy, some animals just have that extra special quality to them. I think some people can pick up on that and bond really closely with their pets, and the people who don't kind of snub it with the "its just an animal" type attitude. I feel sorry for them, they're missing out.

Absolutely. I don't know what I'd do if something happened to my little guy. Vincent certainly makes the day brighter, no matter what kind of mood I'm in. Animals heal, and from what I hear they're even being used in therapy to great success.
Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:09 am
mindtoast

It makes me glad to hear your little Anzac is doing better, it absolutely fucking sucks what happened to your dog. I wonder Lants, did your vet look into whether a parasite such as a tick could have had something to do with it? This doesn't fit the evidence, but it is something that comes to mind.
Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:07 am
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

Do you guys have Lyme disease in Australia?
Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:19 am
Lants

some pics of the smelly monsters.

Tron

Jaws

they are instagram pics, so pretty crappy quality. sorry.
Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:03 am
Lants

Wow, it's been over a year now since Tron was paralysed. Hard to believe it has been that long!

She is much better than in that video now. She still cannot walk. I think we're still a way off that, sadly. She cannot go to the toilet at all unassisted. Sounds a lot worse than it is though. I just take her for a pee every two hours or so. There's a lot of cleaning up after her and giving her a million baths but you get used to it.

She is a super happy dog. She has learned to tell me when she needs something - like if she wants to be up on the sofa or if she wants a toy she can't reach. I am also lucky enough to be able to have her and Jaws at work with me all day.

I will post an updated video asap. :)
Post Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:39 pm
futuristxen

Jaws with his haircut like that looks like a wolf/lamb spawn
Post Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:02 pm
Lants

Tron's wheelchair just arrived. She loves it.

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:53 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next