Search
Register
Hurricane Sandy
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

FuseONE

Hurricane Sandy  Reply with quote  

So the eye of this thing will basically be going over my house. We're in a state of emergency, yet...I still have to go to work because I work in a hospital and I'm considered "essential personnel." On the one hand, it's nice because I've never really been essential to anything, but on the other....I'd rather sit in my house all day and drink and watch the storm :(
Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:04 pm
poopsnack

I wish you safety.
Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:07 pm
Jack

yea I gotta commute an hour to work in the morning and I'm in md. shit sucks
Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:40 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Yyyyyyep. Hunkering down right about now. The past couple of days I've had to listen to people mock the Frankenstorm as if they don't remember how Irene (only a tropical storm) really fucked us up last year. Time to fill my tub with water so I can flush my toilet once the power goes out. Haha. I'm a survivalist yo.
Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:00 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

yall lucky up there, yall can hide in vaults n shit, there aint no undergrounds here in florida
Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:34 am
mattrego

Oh yeah, we definitely will be losing power in RI. I live near the Newport Bridge and walked down there at around 7:30AM and it was already surging up near the piers. Northeast is so ill equipped to handle any of these tropical storms/hurricanes/noreaster or whatever you call this fucking thing. Shitstorm.

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:48 am
Captiv8

I think the regional term is Nor'easter. Even if it isn't, use it anyway because it sounds cool. I hope everyone is safe and sound.
Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:35 am
mattrego

Wind is whipping right now here. Not much rain but the wind is howling. Gonna be brutal on nj, ny, de and dc. Still got power. For now.
Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:29 am
Flawed Logic

Location: Austin, TX - Albuquerque, NM - Kalamazoo, MI - Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

Stay safe people! Take Sage's advice and fill your bathtubs! haha
Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:02 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I lucked out where I live. No flooding, no power outage.
Seems like a lot of places got whacked though. The pictures of the flooded subways in NYC are sick.
Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:30 am
mattrego

No power since 2:30 yesterday. Most of coastal RI has power outages. High tide last night at around 7-8pm brought a big storm surge and most of downtown Newport near the wharfs were flooded. The neighborhood 2 blocks south of me was flooded. All the beaches just have big time erosion. Lots of road closures. Got a little bit of a beating where i am at.
Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:14 am
the mean
Certified O.G.

Drove to work in the snow this morning. In October.

Stay safe out there.
Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:35 am
Elorza

I'm in central NJ and I've no power, but my parents-5 minutes away-have it. Even this far inland there are huge trees downed. I haven't seen a single working traffic light and most businesses are without power as well. Surprisingly little flooding over here.

My lady friend and her extended fam. live down in south jersey though, no power since about noon yesterday, no water still. She charged her phone at shoprite but service is wonky. Her kids' grandparents live in Seaside (evacuated) and there's no reentry as of yet. Boats and houses are blocking streets, ridiculous flooding. The Shoreline is a wreck, AC boardwalk got decimated. I know so may have said it but it's like nothing I've even come close to witnessing around here. Thankfully very few reported deaths so far, but it's gonna be a while before anything comes even remotely close to "back to normal". I'm not comparing it, but seeing something on this scale gives me a whole new degree of "appreciation" for what happened with Katrina. Goddess bless anyone affected by anything like this.
Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:22 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Hope everybody is OK.

I bicycle commuted to work today in 30 mph headwinds and eye-stinging sleet.... and I'm only in Detroit. Can't believe an oceanic storm make it this far inland.

I was just watching news footage from Cleveland's shorelines and it's intense even way over here.
Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:09 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Is guy trolling or not? I mean...it *is* a Brown University student, so you can't give him too much credit.

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:51 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next