Search
Register
POS cancels tour, needs new kidney
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

FranktheP

POS cancels tour, needs new kidney  Reply with quote  

I did not even know he was having issues. I was looking forward to the tour. Here is a link to the story and video of him announcing it (so to speak) plus they set up a pay pal account to donate directly to him at :stefneedsanewkidney@gmail.com

http://www.punknews.org/article/49381/videos-pos-postpones-fall-tour-due-to-health-situation
Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:24 am
FuseONE

damn....i hope he has insurance :(
Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:48 am
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

I listened to most of the new album today on the Current website, and its fucking great. I really thought he couldn't top Never Better, but this thing is the shit.

I'm incredibly bummed about his health, and the cancellation. He seems like a very humble guy, by all accounts. I can't wait to hear that he's +1 new kidney and back at it. Buy the album and donate some cash!
Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:52 am
Limbs

That's rough. Hoping all the best for him.
Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:41 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

This was a big surprise for me. Had no idea. He seems to be dealing with this issue in good spirit. He's got a massive support group around him and that'll prove helpful in more ways than one. We're wishing all the best for the homie.
Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:23 am
Captiv8

Honestly, I've thought about it: I would probably give P.O.S. a kidney, no fooling. Either way, I'm rooting for him.
Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:35 am
Jared Paul

Captiv8 wrote:
Honestly, I've thought about it: I would probably give P.O.S. a kidney, no fooling. Either way, I'm rooting for him.

Gut check time, right?

All I can think is... FUCK. 2 Chains? No problem. Ray J? You're good to go. Tour as much as you want with your shitty shit. P.O.S.? One of the most unique, important, and innovative artists out there? Denied. You've got kidney failure, you'll have to stay home. #GodAintReal
Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:13 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tommi teardrop

Wow that is a shitty response.
Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:35 pm
Jared Paul

tommi teardrop wrote:

Me?
Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:16 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Captiv8

tommi teardrop wrote:

If you were referring to me, I was being totally serious. I mean, I have two kidneys, for fuck's sake. I don't need to be a selfish douche and hoard them.
Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:52 am
Captiv8

Oops, DP.
Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:58 am
anomaly
Loserface

I'm 100% positive that was directed towards Jared
Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:26 am
Jared Paul

anomaly wrote:
I'm 100% positive that was directed towards Jared

Pretty sure it was for me, as well. I'm obviously worried about P.O.S.'s health first and would never wish sickness on 2Chains. I've known Stef for years. First as an acquaintance, then as a fan, and then as a friend. He's supported me and gone out of his way to help me / PFA in many ways. I've got every P.O.S album and I believe in him as an artist, an activist, and as person. I see RED thinking about how important/unique/challenging/inspirational his music and live show are, and how hard he's worked to get to this point, and that on top of dealing with these very serious health issues, he's gotta hit pause on the tour for a project he's so excited about and believes in so much, and, is work I sincerely believe the world, Hip Hop, and young folks are better off for hearing. Its not really that radical of a sentiment. I'm sure many people feel this way.

It's surreal thinking about how many acts will be touring whose work sounds so similar and cliche, while the #WeDontEvenLiveHere tour is on hold. Never Better.

I'ma definitely stay tuned to @YeahRightPOS, DoomTree, RSE, and SFR to see what can be done to help, and will be blasting info out through my channels when I get it.
Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:33 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Jared Paul wrote:
I'ma definitely stay tuned to @YeahRightPOS, DoomTree, RSE, and SFR to see what can be done to help, and will be blasting info out through my channels when I get it.

It looks like they've raised 34.5K so far via http://www.youcaring.com/fundraiser_details?url=stefneedsanewkidney&fundraiser_id=12371

That fundraiser went live recently and they've already exceeded the original target goal. That's awesome. They're still collecting funds as there's no way of knowing what other expenses may fall into his lap.
Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:57 am

Jump to: