Search
Register
The internet's biggest troll has been outed.
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Mr 9999
Judge and Jury

The internet's biggest troll has been outed.  Reply with quote  

Gawker.com has done a story on the person behind Reddit's "Violentacrez."

http://gawker.com/5950981/unmasking-reddits-violentacrez-the-biggest-troll-on-the-web

DISCUSS.
Post Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:59 pm
Disharmony

Interesting indeed. This guy seems like quite the Internet trollmodel.... Ha! Now back to real life.
Post Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:34 pm
xGasPricesx

That was definitely an interesting read, and it seems to have kicked up quite the shitstorm over on reddit. It's kind of crazy just how many subreddits have gone as far to ban all Gawker stuff over this.
Post Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:47 pm
Captiv8

I thought the creepiest part was how little difference there seemed to be between his online and real-life identities. The word "creep" was bandied about a lot. I can't think of a better way to describe this guy. I only vaguely knew what Reddit was, and now that I've read this it seems more like a haven for fucked up shit. No thank you.
Post Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:32 am
Nemonic7

"You got me!"

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9rm0oHil41qhbyg8o4_1280.png
Post Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:43 am
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

the Dov Charney of message boards.
Post Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:27 pm
anomaly
Loserface

Aw shit, he's in my town!
Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:37 am
futuristxen

Nothing described in that article crossed the threshold of "this is a man whose life needs to be ruined, so I can get paid for an article this week". I mean it would be one thing if it was a forum where revealing his ID wouldn't really have much on his life. But doing it on a forum of that size where dude becomes a national story is messed up.

Hopefully though he can flip it back on them, and make himself into a celebrity. Maybe he should write a book now?

Also the article did a poor job of conveying how this guy was so creepy and bad. Traditionally trolls are at their most annoying when they are attacking people personally behind the cloud of anonymity. Just re-posting content that people don't agree with is meh trolling.
Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:05 pm
Oh Daesu

My sympathy meter is not registering any sign of activity in this case. Fuck that guy, and his weird pedophilic, mysogenist bullshit and rationlaizations. I mean, really. The gawker article is probably a dick move, but I find it hard to feel bad for him.
Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:47 pm
futuristxen

If he broke laws, then yeah whatever. At least that's a process.

Trying this dude in internet courts just because you find him creepy or annoying is really disturbing. His whole life is ruined now because of this weird new e-ecosystem where non-celebs are getting globally trashed as celebs would.

Anytime this guy tries to a get a job now, even the most basic background check is going to make him out to be this nazi pedophile bog monster. Which I mean if that makes you feel good. It makes me feel gross.

It sucks to have to defend assholes like this, because there's literally nothing he's about that I agree with. But by all indications he has broken no laws. His only crime was that he did his dirty on a really popular message board, and that was enough to put him in gawker's sites.

I mean this guy has completely fake power--and the writer at gawker thinks they're taking down freaking nixon.

Trav was annoying here, and he enjoyed attacking people personally(not just posting offensive material)--but I would have never wanted that dude to have his life ruined.

I dunno, people feeling proud to take this guy down today is crazy. It makes me sad.

It is the same strain in human mob mentality that was like "witches? fuck witches--let's burn them"--you can't just go destroy people because they offend you or bother you.
Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:18 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Calm down, Futur....

It's just some good ol' fashioned muckracking of a real American villain...

Dude deserved to be taken down a notch....

If my mom's, my wife's or a hypothetical-daughter's ass-in-jeans ever showed up on a candid-picture messageboard that he created and moderated, i'd want to punch him in the throat..

Even though it might be legal, don't make it right.....
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/kimkomando/2008-04-17-public-photography_N.htm

According to that.... If you're standing in a street and a little girl is running through a sprinkler on a nearby front lawn, you can legally take pictures of her and sell it as "art"..

this is what killed Princess Diana...
Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:57 pm
metachronos

He's a creepy, racist, misogynist perv. Just because it's not illegal doesn't mean he isn't a huge piece of shit. Fuck him.
Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:59 pm
desert penguin

I don't really care what the law has to do with it, but this is social justice at its finest. How many people did he purposely make feel awful? This is exactly what non-violent assholes deserve. This public embarrassment thing sure beats paying for their room and board in jail.

Why would anyone want to hire this guy? Would you let him work for you? A lot of people in America have to work for minimum wage. I'm not going to lose any sleep that this dude will probably have to join them.
Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:02 pm
anomaly
Loserface

Fired.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/15/michael-brutsch-reddits-biggest-loses-job-identity-gawker_n_1967727.html

His resume! with phone number!
http://www.mbrutsch.com/
Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:53 pm
Captiv8

I say if you don't want your life ruined don't make a second life out of being a complete asshole and all-around creep. This guy acted without integrity, ethics, or morality and was remorseless about everything once he was caught. If I'm an employer, or a co-worker, I don't want someone in my place of business who has anything to do with pictures of dead preteen girls or the plethora of other crap Brutsch was into. I'd say this is a pretty obvious case of what goes around comes around.

All of that said, it would be nice to see Adrien Chen actually do some journalism of merit. How about you bring down a corporation or a corrupt politician instead of a troll? Surely there are greater uses of time than outting this asshat.
Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:25 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next