Search
Register
The Stop-and-Frisk policy in NYC is pure insanity
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Mr 9999
Judge and Jury

The Stop-and-Frisk policy in NYC is pure insanity  Reply with quote  

How long can this possibly go on without things getting really bad for everyone everywhere? The racial profiling in Arizona is bad enough, but now we have cops in NYC who can legally shake people down for no reason at all. And, more often than not, the "reason" is suspicion based on race.

Check the full story if this one guy's recent Stop-And-Frisk
http://www.thenation.com/article/170413/stopped-and-frisked-being-fking-mutt-video

On June 3, 2011, three plainclothes New York City Police officers stopped a Harlem teenager named Alvin and two of the officers questioned and frisked him while the third remained in their unmarked car. Alvin secretly captured the interaction on his cell phone, and the resulting audio is one of the only known recordings of stop-and-frisk in action.

In the course of the two-minute recording, the officers give no legally valid reason for the stop, use racially charged language and threaten Alvin with violence. Early in the stop, one of the officers asks, “You want me to smack you?” When Alvin asks why he is being threatened with arrest, the other officer responds, “For being a fucking mutt.” Later in the stop, while holding Alvin’s arm behind his back, the first officer says, “Dude, I’m gonna break your fuckin’ arm, then I’m gonna punch you in the fuckin’ face.”
Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:32 pm
mancabbage

god damn, that guy was just a kid, amazing how a tiny cock and a uniform can combine to form such a massive cunt
Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:00 pm
mancabbage

god damn, that guy was just a kid, amazing how a tiny cock and a uniform can combine to form such a massive cunt
Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:00 pm
Plum Puddin'

As much as i hope there is some sort of breaking point in all of this bullshit, i don't think there will be one.

Not for awhile at least.

Look at the TSA. At first everyone was up in arms about either being groped or radiated. Now it's become 'normal' to see kids under 5 getting pat downs.

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:33 pm
Mr 9999
Judge and Jury

If people are going to be patted down to make sure they aren't carrying harmful materials onto flights, why wouldn't kids under 5 to be patted down? Devil's advocate speaking here. But also God's advocate. Jah bless. Hail Satan.
Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:45 pm
Plum Puddin'

Because they are kids.

Maybe i'm naive but has a 'terrorist' tried to get harmful materials on board a flight using a little kid yet?

I mean that seems to be how airport security policy is set;

"Man tries to light shoe bomb"

-EVERYBODY TAKE YOUR SHOES OFF!

"Man tries to mix liquid chemical bomb on flight"
- NO FUCKING WATER ALLOWED!

Also, the TSA is sloppy in their background checks..

"A Catholic priest who was defrocked for allegedly sexually abusing young girls was hired by the Transportation Security Administration before his background check was complete and has worked at Philadelphia International Airport for the last 10 years."

It's ok though he got a promotion & doesnt do pat downs anymore.

Of course, this is only one case.
Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:18 pm
Mr 9999
Judge and Jury

Uhhhh.....

why WOULDN'T they use a kid? In fact, that almost seems like the obvious choice. Because people would be like, "OMG it's just a kid...leave him alone."
Terrorists have killed children. A lot of them.
Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:26 pm
Plum Puddin'

Of course they have killed children. So have "our guys".

A lot of them.

I was asking if a toddler/child has specifically been involved in a plan to take out an airliner in some way?

If we focused on hypothetical's nothing would be allowed on flights & no one would fly anywhere.

"Is that a pencil, Sir?" Why WOULDN'T you use that to stab a hostess in the neck & try to hijack us?

We're jumping at shadows, as depicted in the video you posted.
Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:55 pm
Mr 9999
Judge and Jury

I understand what you're saying. Yet, at the same time, it's clear that a terrorist has to be innovative in order to accomplish what they intend to do. Before 9/11, MOST people didn't consider an airplane to be used as a weapon. I believe that any passenger or luggage boarding a plane is subject to scrutiny. That said, I don't believe that we should be sexually violated in any way. Or fingered in the butt. Or needlessly inconvenienced to the point of missing flights just to give the illusion of security.
Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:06 pm
Plum Puddin'

9/11 was a c-c-c-combo breaker.

Most terrorist attacks don't seem very innovative. It's just 'pack this thing with explosives & send it into that thing', or "give these guys the big guns & send them into that crowd."

9/11 was a break in the usual tactics, but we act like it is the default game plan.

I was reading this thing that a Mossad agent had written after he did an inspection of U.S airports. One of the best points he made was if anyone wanted to cause mass casualties all they had to do was set off a bomb before it got to their turn to go through the security check point.

A whole bunch of motherfuckers jammed into a tiny area, just trying to hold their belt-less pants up and not get butt fingered.

The more we accept treatment like this in airports, the more it will become normal for us outside too.

Just like patting down toddlers and 'Stop & Frisks' are becoming normal.

LAX is funny. The illusion of security is rife there. RIFE I SAY!

You go through 3 hours of security, get on your flight, roll out to the tarmac & spend the next hour or so in the queue for take off, right next to a freeway.

The runway is gated off from the freeway by a mesh wire fence. That's it. Anyone with a spring in his step & go get 'em attitude could park his car on the freeway & get onto that runway in minutes.

I had a point somewhere, sometime...but now I'm drinking, and that point seems very far away.

MATHEMATICALLY FAR AWAY!
Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:47 pm
Plum Puddin'

That was it…Breaking points!

I think personally we all have them. But when we do they are quickly shut down either by authority, the people around us - “GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER JERRY, YOU’VE GOT RESPONSIBILITIES!”, or the realization that you ain’t changing’ shit.

But collectively we need something huge to rally around. Seems like the biggest theft in history by Wall St wasn’t enough. Occupy was looking good there for a minute & picking up some steam but then the cops moved in & pepper sprayed old ladies & shot dudes in the head with tear gas canisters & threw everybodies tents & belongings in the trash.

Which wasn't very nice of them.
Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:06 am
poopsnack

this seems to fit here.
http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t3#/video/us/2012/10/09/dnt-leukemia-dying-woman-tsa-investigation.komo
fucking TSA.
Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:02 am
Captiv8

Here's the ole Fourth Amendment: "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

How is this city law not in violation of a constitutionally protected right? Are the NYPD navigating around this by saying that the people they search are "looking suspicious," thus enacting probable cause? This seems like a very grey area, legally speaking. Walking down the street is not suspicious. Leaning against a wall or standing on the corner is not suspicious. I can't wrap my head around this. And the fact that the police are trying to provoke people into a reaction is disturbing at best. I'm not surprised by it, but Jesus Christ. Serve and protect.... right.
Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:30 am
Dr Sagacious

Stop & Frisk is not just in New York, and yes it does "violate" the fourth amendment, but I'm sure there is a legal loophole or "precedent" somewhere that has allowed this. I should look into that.

And uh, Mr. 9999. 9/11 was not even close to the first time people thought using airplanes as weapons was a good idea. Considering they were using planes in World War 1, I don't think your assertion makes sense.
Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:18 pm
Sarcastro

Plum Puddin' wrote:
Because they are kids.

Maybe i'm naive but has a 'terrorist' tried to get harmful materials on board a flight using a little kid yet?

Kids do need to get patted down, and so do handicapped people, and the elderly and everyone else.

I hate when people put up pictures like the one with the kid and cry "inhuman TSA, they're just trying to get on the plane"
Who do you want them to check? Do you want them to only pat down brown men that look like terrorists?
of course not or else you'd have the same people going "inhuman TSA, not every brown person is a terrorist"

If you're doing pat downs, pat down indiscriminately.
Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:12 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next