Search
Register
NFL '12-'13 thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Captiv8

Found out that I can still watch plenty of American football in Scotland thanks to ESPN America and Sky Sports. Amazing! Hopefully the Lions game will be on one of those tomorrow. Right now I'm watching OSU bruise these poor Cal kids.
Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:34 am
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

It's NBC's Sunday Night game.... so it'd be starting at 1:30am UK time..
Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:01 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

San Fran Cops will be dressing as Lions fans to try entrap hecklers...

Tsk tsk.. Sneaky cops....

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/sfpd-going-undercover-detroit-lions-gear-49ers-hom/nSByh/
Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:04 pm
Captiv8

Man o man. I really wrote the Lions off in the fourth quarter and then they pull a miracle comeback... to lose in OT. It was a disappointing end for Detroit, but a helluva of a game to watch. And this is why I don't agree with the QB sneak. You can see the line is stacked. It's time for an option. This Jets-Miami game is great too. What a Sunday!

Edit: This Carpenter kicker for Miami! Jesus.
Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:56 pm
the mean
Certified O.G.

RAAAAIIIIDERRRS!!!

That was a nice win. And a Steelers' cheap shot sends someone to the hospital. Nice no-call scabs.
Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:13 pm
mattrego

Wow. After watching what just happened tonite, coupled with yesterdays shitshows, i can honestly say that the nfl is unenjoyable to watch. These replacement refs are an absolute joke. They are making the nfl into the nba. You just don't know what is a foul or not. Awful.
Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:55 pm
SFR announcement

Hollllllly crap. hahaha. That ending was a poetic statement on what's happening with replacement refs this season. The simultaneous "tough down" and "interception/no csatch" motion that the refs made at the same exact time will be a popular gif in 3...2...
Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:00 pm
mattrego

Hey, we're just gonna let golden tate pull off a blatant offensive pass interference and then just give him the catch even when he only has one arm on the ball and the other guy has both arms wrapped around the ball and tucked into his chest. But golden tate caught that. I've seen better reffing in the rec league flag football games i run. Ans those dudes are meatheads.
Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:58 pm
Flawed Logic

Location: Austin, TX - Albuquerque, NM - Kalamazoo, MI - Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

"gif in 3...2..." 1...

Photobucket

I love how they both look at the pile for a second before agreeing to disagree on the call. This is classic!

Last edited by Flawed Logic on Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:20 pm
mattrego

Haha!! Awesome
Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:23 pm
mattrego

:-o
Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:29 pm
Sarcastro

Post Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:55 am
Captiv8

I didn't see any of this game myself, but from the things I've read this may have been the worst call of all time. How hard can it be to be a ref anyway? You hopefully know the rule back, and if you're unsure of anything you consort with the three other refs until you get it right. That happens all the time when refs aren't quite sure of the call. That's where they really failed last night.

In other news, Rodgers was legitimately sacked eight times by Seattle. Win, lose, or draw, that's not good for the Packers offense.
Post Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:43 am
the mean
Certified O.G.

scabs...

Post Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:46 am
Sarcastro

Captiv8 wrote:
I didn't see any of this game myself, but from the things I've read this may have been the worst call of all time. How hard can it be to be a ref anyway? You hopefully know the rule back, and if you're unsure of anything you consort with the three other refs until you get it right. That happens all the time when refs aren't quite sure of the call. That's where they really failed last night.

See that's the main problem, the whole consorting with the other refs situation.

This is the case of a substitute teacher showing up to a senior class. These guys are going out of their way to talk back to these refs, to argue calls and to play as dirty as they can hoping they'll get away with it because these guys are in over their heads. They have no control over these games, so each problem keeps adding up and before you know it they're conferencing every play because they're scared shitless to make a call of their own.

This end of the game situation wouldn't be a situation if the head ref had called TD and owned it. Went to the centre of the field and told everyone in attendance and at home that it was a simultaneous reception and that goes to the offense.

Wrong calls happen all the time, more are happening because these guys have no authority and the players and coaches know that. It all adds up and you get things like last night or 4 and half hour long games.

They need to take control, put their foot down and demand the respect from players. If they did that you wouldn't blink at the wrong calls because it's the NFL, it has a 50 year history of bad calls.
Post Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:58 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next