Profile
Search
Register
Log in
Music on Youtube
View previous topic | View next topic >

Post new topic Reply to topic
Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Author Message
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP


Joined: 19 Jul 2002
Posts: 7727
Music on Youtube  Reply with quote  

i realized i listen to a hell of a lot of music on youtube, i find rare tracks linking to other rare tracks, forgotten tracks , favorite tracks, that lead to something you never heard of, and so on, theres even full albums on there now and enough to revisit or discover just like the singles , youtube has become the ultimate music portal, ill look up original songs from samples in songs, all that, and 90 percent of the time its on there,

so with all that said , what are your thoughts on this, why does it seem youtube hasnt stepped up and enhanced their site for this aspect, how do music artists feel about most to all their music available on it

just a seed of a thought ill drop in here
Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:32 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Captiv8



Joined: 25 Aug 2006
Posts: 8501
Location: Third Coast
 Reply with quote  

I occasionally look songs up on youtube if I don't have them and I have an urge to hear them. Sometimes, like yourself, I look up stuff that is rare or difficult to come by, and even not available for purchase. Other than that, I stick to my own music collection. Youtube is also full of pricks, bigots, racists, and otherwise ignorant people, which can be infuriating.
Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:01 am
 View user's profile Send private message
knowrites



Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 2060
 Reply with quote  

Captiv8 wrote:
I occasionally look songs up on youtube if I don't have them and I have an urge to hear them. Sometimes, like yourself, I look up stuff that is rare or difficult to come by, and even not available for purchase. Other than that, I stick to my own music collection. Youtube is also full of pricks, bigots, racists, and otherwise ignorant people, which can be infuriating.
this is basically why i i hate the internet now.
Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:24 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP


Joined: 19 Jul 2002
Posts: 7727
 Reply with quote  

i ignore the comment section, but most give me a chuckle
Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:40 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Captiv8



Joined: 25 Aug 2006
Posts: 8501
Location: Third Coast
 Reply with quote  

knowrites wrote:
Captiv8 wrote:
I occasionally look songs up on youtube if I don't have them and I have an urge to hear them. Sometimes, like yourself, I look up stuff that is rare or difficult to come by, and even not available for purchase. Other than that, I stick to my own music collection. Youtube is also full of pricks, bigots, racists, and otherwise ignorant people, which can be infuriating.
this is basically why i i hate the internet now.


Which part? The "culture" of youtube?
Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:48 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Plum Puddin'



Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 1793
Location: Snagglepussy.
 Reply with quote  

knowrites wrote:
this is basically why i i hate the internet now.


That's like hating the beach coz someone pooped in the sand.
Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:29 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
knowrites



Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 2060
 Reply with quote  

Captiv8 wrote:
knowrites wrote:
Captiv8 wrote:
I occasionally look songs up on youtube if I don't have them and I have an urge to hear them. Sometimes, like yourself, I look up stuff that is rare or difficult to come by, and even not available for purchase. Other than that, I stick to my own music collection. Youtube is also full of pricks, bigots, racists, and otherwise ignorant people, which can be infuriating.
this is basically why i i hate the internet now.


Which part? The "culture" of youtube?
i feel like ignorance is the opposite of culture.
Plum Puddin' wrote:
knowrites wrote:
this is basically why i i hate the internet now.


That's like hating the beach coz someone pooped in the sand.

but like if someone pooped on ALL the sand.
Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:14 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Plum Puddin'



Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 1793
Location: Snagglepussy.
 Reply with quote  

Internet Beach. Come on in. The water's fine.

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:51 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Prontoid



Joined: 07 Aug 2002
Posts: 1605
Location: Melbourne, Australia
 Reply with quote  

knowrites wrote:
Captiv8 wrote:
knowrites wrote:
Captiv8 wrote:
I occasionally look songs up on youtube if I don't have them and I have an urge to hear them. Sometimes, like yourself, I look up stuff that is rare or difficult to come by, and even not available for purchase. Other than that, I stick to my own music collection. Youtube is also full of pricks, bigots, racists, and otherwise ignorant people, which can be infuriating.
this is basically why i i hate the internet now.


Which part? The "culture" of youtube?
i feel like ignorance is the opposite of culture.
Plum Puddin' wrote:
knowrites wrote:
this is basically why i i hate the internet now.


That's like hating the beach coz someone pooped in the sand.

but like if someone pooped on ALL the sand.


Isn't it more like there's the beach there's the sand and there's a river of poop that runs through it

The poop river is optional, no ones forcing you to jump in, you can't just jump in the poop and complain about smelling sh1t
Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:19 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
anomaly
Loserface


Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 2577
Location: DFW, TX
 Reply with quote  

I wish there was a Youtube without the video part. I could give two shits about wasting bandwidth streaming shitty pics someone put to a song.

Especially at work. Give me audio only and help me stop pissing IT off.
Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:39 am
 View user's profile Send private message
futuristxen



Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 19356
Location: Tighten Your Bible Belt
 Reply with quote  

I use spotify. No comments section. Full albums. No videos. For the most part they have everything I've ever thought to search for. It's fun to go on a binge through the related artist function as well.

It is IMO the most streamlined, fastest, way to find new music without going through a mile of crap to get to it.

I kind of loathe youtube links because it means I have to stop everything I'm doing to get them going, and my internet is slow, so it is sometimes stuttering at first. Whereas if you give me a name, I plug it into spotify and go from there.

Plus whatever I want that's not on spotify, I can just load it up in my personal library and I'm good.

It's the way all things should function.

I also like Amazon's Instant video service where I can access my movies whereever I am at any time. It's like a netflix that I build.

Of course the downside with cloud based stuff is when the internet goes kerputt you're a bit screwed. So it's good to have SOME music that's not on the internet.
Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:28 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
tommi teardrop



Joined: 12 Apr 2007
Posts: 2211
Location: Las Vegas
 Reply with quote  

I fucks with youtube to play songs in a pinch. Sometimes its the just the quickest and easiest way. You can open multiple pages and DJ with youtube as well if you're really desperate at someone else's house. I think I found Cage's first cameo on Pete Nice's album on youtube and I couldn't find that shit anywhere.

But yeah I'm a spotify addict as well. The only thing that's been bothering me is all the edited and chopped & screwed version of albums coming up. And only a few mixtapes on there.

I hardly ever access my harddrive for music anymore.
Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:02 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Captiv8



Joined: 25 Aug 2006
Posts: 8501
Location: Third Coast
 Reply with quote  

Does anyone here just listen to albums in their entirety any more?
Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:06 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP


Joined: 19 Jul 2002
Posts: 7727
 Reply with quote  

thats how i listen any album just about always
Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:13 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
tommi teardrop



Joined: 12 Apr 2007
Posts: 2211
Location: Las Vegas
 Reply with quote  

Yeah I still listen to some full albums on spotify.
Post Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:32 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:08 am
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon