Profile
Search
Register
Log in
Any redditors here?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Post new topic Reply to topic
Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Author Message
Jesse Custer



Joined: 01 Dec 2006
Posts: 1258
Location: London
 Reply with quote  

I take it you also followed the whole Aisha Tyler / E3 thing that also happened recently? It's being cited in a bunch of commentaries on sexism in gaming along with this story and the Hitman trailer and the current Lara Croft thing.

She handled that really well I though.. although if anything was maybe a bit too nice in defining the root of her detractors' motives.
Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:55 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Brynjar



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 1472
Location: Rivertown
 Reply with quote  

I'm so tired of people making vidoes/blogs about confronting internet trolls and yeah some of them are sexist but confronting them just gives them fuel, how can people living in 2012 not know this. This is a problem parents and schools should (and do) deal with
Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:52 am
 View user's profile Send private message
Plum Puddin'



Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 1825
Location: Run Ebola, Run.
 Reply with quote  

You should make video/blog about that.
Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:07 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
xGasPricesx



Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 1544
 Reply with quote  

To be fair, I don't think that's entirely what Jay was saying in that video, evidenced partly by the other video he mentions at the beginning of that one, which I have embedded below.

Not all people who are posting those comments are trolls, many of them are just espousing their world view. The other problem isn't just the commenters, it's the people who just read the stuff and inform their opinions based upon what they see, which is probably a much larger group than commenters themselves. When that kind of shit gets continuously put out there and is never counter-balanced, many people will just fall for it because they don't see any viable alternatives being presented. I don't really care about the trolls, most of them are too far gone into their own little fucked up world, but I do care about the people reading those comments who may be on the fence about a lot of that shit.

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:45 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Jesse



Joined: 02 Jul 2002
Posts: 6166
Location: privileged homeless
 Reply with quote  

xGasPricesx wrote:
Not all people who are posting those comments are trolls, many of them are just espousing their world view. The other problem isn't just the commenters, it's the people who just read the stuff and inform their opinions based upon what they see, which is probably a much larger group than commenters themselves. When that kind of shit gets continuously put out there and is never counter-balanced, many people will just fall for it because they don't see any viable alternatives being presented. I don't really care about the trolls, most of them are too far gone into their own little fucked up world, but I do care about the people reading those comments who may be on the fence about a lot of that shit.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this! this this this!!

The above also kind of sums up why I used to spend so much time on this board, fighting with people who were never going to change their mind about the topic at hand. For every mouth flapping there's many more eyes watching.
Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:29 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
T-Wrex
p00ny tang


Joined: 30 Jun 2002
Posts: 6403
Location: Detroit, Michigan
 Reply with quote  

Trolling for lurkers.
Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:52 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real


Joined: 03 Feb 2006
Posts: 6311
Location: airstrip one
 Reply with quote  

http://www.reddit.com/r/shittyadvice/
Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:25 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Eric B



Joined: 30 May 2005
Posts: 1327
Location: Omaha, Ne
 Reply with quote  

RJD2 is doing an AMA: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/y542u/hi_im_rjd2_producerdjlabel_ownergeek_ama/
Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:29 am
 View user's profile Send private message
mortalthoughts
LAME KID


Joined: 12 Dec 2002
Posts: 11616
Location: MI
 Reply with quote  

Eric B wrote:
RJD2 is doing an AMA: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/y542u/hi_im_rjd2_producerdjlabel_ownergeek_ama/


ive been reading this for like a half hour thanks
Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:01 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mancabbage



Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 9262
Location: london
 Reply with quote  

me too, love these amas

i just found this because of it

</object>
Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:11 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GrantherBirdly
D&D addict


Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Posts: 3145
 Reply with quote  

mortalthoughts wrote:
Eric B wrote:
RJD2 is doing an AMA: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/y542u/hi_im_rjd2_producerdjlabel_ownergeek_ama/


ive been reading this for like a half hour thanks


two things I learned after following that link:

1. RJD2 is one of the coolest motherfuckers on earth

2. Reddit is a deep deep hole
Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:06 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Eric B



Joined: 30 May 2005
Posts: 1327
Location: Omaha, Ne
 Reply with quote  

GrantherBirdly wrote:
mortalthoughts wrote:
Eric B wrote:
RJD2 is doing an AMA: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/y542u/hi_im_rjd2_producerdjlabel_ownergeek_ama/


ive been reading this for like a half hour thanks


two things I learned after following that link:

1. RJD2 is one of the coolest motherfuckers on earth

2. Reddit is a deep deep hole


I have no idea how people read the thousands of comments on an AMA like this. I end up only reading the top 100 or so.
Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:44 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
mortalthoughts
LAME KID


Joined: 12 Dec 2002
Posts: 11616
Location: MI
 Reply with quote  

i just click through and look for rjd2s posts then scroll back up and read the questions
Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:08 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
vincinatti blues



Joined: 04 Jun 2009
Posts: 172
Location: San Jose, CA
 Reply with quote  

stay away from /r/spacedicks
Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:09 am
 View user's profile Send private message
mancabbage



Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 9262
Location: london
 Reply with quote  

but def go to http://www.reddit.com/r/clopclop
Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:50 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:40 am
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon