Search
Register
a long and winding road.
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

JohnSchwan

Really any testimony you made as a 12 year old without a guardian or lawyer around should have been thrown out.
Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:52 pm
anomaly
Loserface

Captiv8 wrote:
A DWI doesn't carry the same stigma as being on a sex offender registry (which is the real concern).

Unless you're trying to get a job because you'd like to earn money (which is a real concern)

One way or another, the man will take all our money and all our dirt will be on websites.
Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:15 pm
Captiv8

anomaly wrote:
Captiv8 wrote:
A DWI doesn't carry the same stigma as being on a sex offender registry (which is the real concern).

Unless you're trying to get a job because you'd like to earn money (which is a real concern)

One way or another, the man will take all our money and all our dirt will be on websites.

That's an absurd comparison. Alcohol consumption is permissable in society, and a violation of any statute in that regard is seen as unfortunate, stupid, or unlucky. A sex crime is a perversion wholly against the sociocultural grain. Explaining why you chose to drive home after drinking is not the same as explaining why you molested someone.
Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:15 pm
anomaly
Loserface

What's being compared? I'm wrong in perceiving that his concern is monetary?

That's what I read. I'm just saying there are legal situations that are far more expensive that like this, follow you for life. That's all.
Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:20 pm
Captiv8

I see. I read that too, but I also sensed the despair of an injustice regarding the sex offender registration for life situation.
Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:28 pm
bigsole
Bought his character on ebay

the first thing that comes to my mind would be to contact the chicago anarchist black cross. the ABC is one of the lesser used resources out there when it comes to legal support and they could definitely lead you in the right direction. granted you want to preface this with a hell of an email like what you just posted, but this is definite state repression and that is what ABC is all about.

http://www.chicagoabc.org/
or http://chicagoabc.tripod.com/
Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:36 pm
pedavis

first off i apologize for my absence (internet was just setup today)

secondly i really, really appreciate some of you heavy hitters weighing in on this. the fact i can't just discuss this with some joe blow down the street, or even friends i've been loosely acquainted with, makes this really hard on my heart. i've literally spoken to you guys, my best friend, my girlfriend, and my mother and father about this. you all really help much more than some of you think. thank you so much.

oh, i also talked to my lawyer about it. the same one that helped me out back in the day with this whole thing. i actually went into his office (down the street from the sheriff's office where i was registering) that day and he didn't even remember me. which i should've expected since we hadn't spoken face-to-face in almost 10 years.

luckily he still had my records (they were behind in shredding thank god) and he's taking my case for a fee. costs money to live in this country i suppose. but i figure i'll be paying at least 100 dollars a year for life anyway so it's more than worth it.

it's not really the imposing monetary ramifications that are bothering me, really it's the notifying within 3 days every time i move, change jobs, buy a new car, and other normal people shit you take for granted. imagine checking in like that till i'm 85 or some shit. another 60 years. fucking bonkers.

i got my fingers crossed. i really lost my shit that day in the street sitting in my car. something so permanent really puts a fucking knot in my stomach. thanx again everyone for your help.
Post Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:36 pm
pedavis

JohnSchwan wrote:
Really any testimony you made as a 12 year old without a guardian or lawyer around should have been thrown out.

i wish. we got fucking hosed so hard. i didn't have any idea what was going on really. hindsight is always 20/20.
Post Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:39 pm
pedavis

hopefully everything works out for the best. i'll look into the methods provided if i can't make any headway this route. thanx again for the input from everyone.
Post Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:49 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2