Search
Register
The new Soccer Thread!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

mzehe916

I actually thought Portugal would be in the final. I wouldn't mind if Spain took it all. And in all honesty, I was blown away by Italy's performance last night. Balotelli killed it. Everyone talks about Italy's defense, but apparently Germany forgot about their ability to strike. I'm excited to watch the final now, and I'm even more excited that Germans are going to be at home so I can watch the match in my pub in peace. And I will forever hate Mario Gomez. HATE!

On the lighter side, I'm looking forward to St. Pauli's attempt to climb from the second league. Even if their new jerseys look like Cleveland Brown rip offs.
Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:33 pm
Captiv8

I'm really hoping Italy can make a comeback and/or at least give Spain a run for their money. But guess what? ESPN is suddenly not showing on my TV. I have no idea what's happening right now.
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:06 pm
ROTTY

Spain 2 -0 Italy. 5 mins before half time. Can't see Italians coming back. Spain are on fire. Italy on the back foot.
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:29 pm
Captiv8

Ya, I now have a picture again but no sound. Spain are clicking all the way and show no signs of stopping. All they really need to do now is play for possession and hang on to the ball as much as possible. Italy might get a goal, but two seems like a stretch. Pirlo is off on all passes and shots, and Balotelli looks shook. At least the match hasn't been boring.
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:33 pm
ROTTY

Its good stuff right now. I just wanna see Italy come back with some fire of their own. Both goals were beautiful. 2-2 penalties. That would be great.
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:39 pm
Hinhale

These fucking Spaniards seem almost superhuman. Their precision is unreal.
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:42 pm
Captiv8

Well shit. I was hoping for a closer game than this. Makes you wonder how Italy even made it this far, eh? Then I saw that stat for Spain, where they have something like a 5:1 goal ratio against opponents over the past few years of international matches. That's staggering. And yes, the Spanish have been passing like monsters out there. The placement of that ball in to Torres was unreal. You know the Italian defenders think they have it covered because the avenue for the pass is so slim, but through it goes. Nicely done, Spain.

Edit: Spain scored again as I typed this. Crazy.
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:31 pm
Brynjar

The 2nd goal killed it, Italy were the only team on the pitch after Silva scored but when Alba scored Italy just imploded.

and ofcourse Balotelli storms off the pitch after the game like a child.
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:16 pm
leg.donor

So gutted right now, but out of all the times Italy have been knocked out of major tournaments this may be the easiest one to swallow. No controversy, no penalty kicks. Just rotten luck and arguably the greatest NT in the history of the game on the other side of the pitch. Had they not played with 10 men for half of the game things might have been different. Had they had the extra day of rest that Spain had, maybe some of the players wouldn't have deteriorated out there. Sucks to lose but Italy had a great tournament and were fun to watch.
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:33 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Captiv8

To be fair, Spain only conceded one goal all tournament. Their defense was practically airtight. I don't think anything would have saved Italy today. When they could get the ball in they couldn't get a proper shot on goal. Spain was making crisp passes right on the laces left and right. Today's game was pro versus junior varsity.
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:05 pm
futuristxen

I think going down to ten men pretty much ended the game. I thought Italy were threatening all day to score. But once that happened they lost their legs and it was over.

Casillas was amazing. His positioning saved Spain's bacon over and over.

Still would have liked to see Germany play Spain instead. But oh well.
Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:47 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62