Search
Register
B. Dolan + Church of Love & Ruin TOUR 2012
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Captiv8

Sexy Vaudville Freakshow! And here I am without the ways and means to peep this tour. I've have to settle for the pics as they trickle in.
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:35 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

</object>
Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:31 pm
english bob

i've been away from this internet stuff for a few weeks now, but i'm sure i saw somewhere that there were other uk dates too(?)
Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:47 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
english bob

oh wait, it's almost like this thread isn't the only source of information. just saw the Reading date on facebook.. i'm there. trying to decide if it'll be suitable to bring my (by then 6 month pregnant) wife along..
Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:49 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
b. dolan
FBI agent

We bought you a fucking unicorn.

Tour starts Thursday!

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:34 pm
d-nyce36

ummm... i gotta ask...  Reply with quote  

how hardcore is the ID process for the Boston Show at Church? I have 2 tickets bought, but one is 2 months underage, but dying to see the show and is a huge member of Phili's LGBT community and will be in Boston this week...Any chance this can happen?
Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:38 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

Re: ummm... i gotta ask...  Reply with quote  

d-nyce36 wrote:
how hardcore is the ID process for the Boston Show at Church? I have 2 tickets bought, but one is 2 months underage, but dying to see the show and is a huge member of Phili's LGBT community and will be in Boston this week...Any chance this can happen?

email me at beedolan@gmail.com and i'll do my best to make sure you avoid static.
Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:11 pm
mattrego

I love randomly flipping the radio station on 90.3 and hearing sage and b on there promoting the church show. Ill be at the providence show. Can't wait!!
Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:13 pm
xGasPricesx

I would love nothing more than to be at this show again this year, unfortunately there were just way too many obstacles keeping me from it, the first of which being money. My friend who I brought with me last year, the girl who you "blessed" in Boston and who reacted as if she had just received the spirit of the unholy ghost, may potentially make it out to the Boston show again though. She definitely wants to after being exposed to the greatness last year, but has a few obstacles in her way as well.

I doubt this would be the case with anyone on this forum, but just in case, if you are anywhere near the vicinity of any of these shows and were on the fence about going, FUCKING GO! Seriously, this was the most incredible and insane event I have ever witnessed with my own five senses, and all signs point to it being even better this year. Words can not do what you will experience justice, so I won't even bother trying. I don't care what you have to do to make it, just fucking make it to this goddamn show! You will not be disappointed.

Best of luck, B. I hope you don't have a heart attack just keeping everything organized and getting everyone where they need to be on time. I wish I could be there physically, but I'm sending out my spirit this weekend in my body's stead. Kill 'em dead.
Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:52 am
b. dolan
FBI agent

Press!

The Phoenix focuses on Wheelchair Sports Camp:
http://thephoenix.com/Boston/music/141456-grinding-gears-with-wheelchair-sports-camp/

The Globe focuses on the Boston-local performers, whom I affectionately call 'The Gays'.
http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/fenway-kenmore/2012/07/church_of_love_and_ruin_begins.html?camp

The NY Times East Village focuses on my history there:
http://eastvillage.thelocal.nytimes.com/2012/07/24/37261/

Sage & I (and maybe Lord Grunge?) will also be on 95.5WBRU's Home BRU'd show this evening at 9pm, and I'll be on Unregular Radio in Boston tomorrow morning.

So many people are flying/training/driving into Providence. It's starting to feel very surreal. See you this weekend!
Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:12 am
erich

i hate hate hate RSVP-ing with regrets for anything, especially a show, especially an SFR show, but I'm not gonna be anywhere near the east coast for these shows. BUT! it's possible that i'll be in Europe for some shows this September, and if that works out, i'll definitely see y'all there.
Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:32 pm
Jared Paul

HOLY FUCKING SHIT, I'M READEHHHHHHHHHHHHH FOR THIS FUCKING SHIT!!!!!! #CUREFORTHESUMMERTIMEBLUES
Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:46 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SFR announcement

UPDATE:
The NYC show on July 29th (Sunday) has doors opening at 6PM!
The show will start at 6:30pm

Here's a nice write up from the Village Voice
http://www.voiceplaces.com/church-of-love-and-ruin-new-york-3627863-e/

We won’t try to sell you on the toilet paper dodgeball game. Or the 19-piece Bollywood-samba-hip-hop brass band, What Cheer? Brigade. Or the sex-piranha stylings of New Orleans sissy bouncer Vockah Redu. Or electro-chill Ghostly International guy Mux Mool. Or the 53-pound, 25-year-old disabled MC and once–Village Voice cover star, Wheelchair Sports Camp’s Kalyn “T-Minus” Heffernan. Or burlesque babe Madge of Honor. Or the glorious reunion of Pennsylvania’s finest white boy satire-rap duo Grand Buffet. Or a drag queen named Yekaterina Petrovna Zamolodchikova who goes by “Katya.” Or even the night’s co-headliners, Strange Famous raptivist B. Dolan and indie-rap don Sage Francis. Let’s instead sell you on the fact this is all happening together, for one price of admission, tonight, and it’s called the Church of Love & Ruin. Your life is not more interesting than this. — By Camille Dodero
Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:29 am
Marcus Forealius

As much as I would like to be able to take this all in (TWSS), I'm looking at a 9:30pm'ish arrival for the Providence show with doors being at 6pm.

Hoping to at least catch Grand Buffet, B. and Sage, but I'll take what I can get since I missed the debauchery of the Church of Love & Ruin the first time around.
Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:16 pm
SFR announcement

I don't believe doors are at 6 for the Providence show. That's just for the NYC show.
Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:26 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next