Search
Register
Againt Me's singer Tom Gabel "comes out" as transg
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

futuristxen

Transgender folk aren't the only ones altering the body from its natural state. Pretty much all modern medicine is about intervening in natural processes in the name of wellness. So I think you have to explore what specifically about Transgender people doing it bothers you so much.
Post Sun May 13, 2012 6:41 pm
Captiv8

My issue does not specifically relate to transgender body alteration. That is just one of the most obvious ways to discuss substantial alterations of the body in general. For example, I do not understand people that have metal balls attached to their shin or horns implanted on their skull. I a most extreme case, I don't understand someone that desires to live as a quadrapalegic. That said, the sexual element to this is certainly central to the discussion. I think I would feel differently if I personally knew someone that was living or considering living as transexual or transgender. Because this isn't something that can be forced, I was hoping that this thread would be an oppurtunity to do so by proxy. There are many articulate and intellectual people on this forum that I know can provide insight. I strive to be as openminded and well-informed as possible.
Post Sun May 13, 2012 7:11 pm
futuristxen

Well I mean you sort of know me. And I'm Transgender. I think I'm relatively normal and not the equivelent of metal balls on my face. It's really not as strange a situation as you think.
Post Sun May 13, 2012 8:00 pm
Captiv8

futuristxen wrote:
Well I mean you sort of know me. And I'm Transgender. I think I'm relatively normal and not the equivelent of metal balls on my face. It's really not as strange a situation as you think.

Precisely. I didn't want to just call you out specifically though. I didn't mean to imply that transgender is the same as an oddity or novelty, though that's probably what I did. I guess what I need to keep in mind first and foremost is that the human comes before any other label. Just writing about this issue on here has helped me think about things in a different way.
Post Sun May 13, 2012 8:43 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2