Register
Game of Thrones on HBO
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

GrantherBirdly
D&D addict

icarus502 wrote:
mancabbage wrote:
fuck that guy man!!! This series is so much better than the last, feels like everything has been stepped up. I get pissed off when the credits roll

This week's episode marked the biggest departure I've seen so far from the books. So many characters are missing from this season… I'm thinking it was probably a good idea, the books are too big to film entirely, but it's still feels like a loss. That said, this season has been great.

Even with the reduced number of characters and plot simplifications, I often wonder how, or if, people who haven't read the book can follow the plot. I mean, I get confused sometimes and I just finished the series a few months back. Also, the accents sometimes make it hard for me to understand what people are saying. All that said, I'm very much enjoying the show.
Post Tue May 08, 2012 3:41 pm
squirtisblow

i havven't read any of the book and during and after season one i read through a few different family trees to get all the characters right and and to learn how all the relations are made. it's not too difficult if you do that. every once in a while they'll start talking about a character i don't know and i'll have to look it up. the back story on all the characters is what's really missing, though. i think i want to start reading the books after season 2 is done; at least read up through what season 2 covers.
Post Tue May 08, 2012 3:44 pm
mancabbage

im not having much trouble following it.... they're all english accents so maybe its a bit easier. Prob gona read the books after season 2 is done though, i'm hooked now
Post Tue May 08, 2012 3:54 pm
GrantherBirdly
D&D addict

Yeah i guess it would be easy for british folks to follow since they learned about it in history class and all.
Post Tue May 08, 2012 4:38 pm
mancabbage

yeah, some bits are a bit wrong though, the midget should have brown hair and there's meant to be more breasts on show. Otherwise its all pretty much bang on
Post Tue May 08, 2012 6:01 pm
GrantherBirdly
D&D addict

It's still crazy to me that Queen Elizabeth is the mother of dragons... she looked real good back in the day. And to think of all she went through to earn that crown.
Post Tue May 08, 2012 8:29 pm
mancabbage

i know, shits gona kick off when she gets that ginger wig. War with spain is coming.

I'm finding it really hard not to see Queen E's suitor as a football hooligan

</object>

(this is a really good film btw)
Post Tue May 08, 2012 8:34 pm
futuristxen

icarus502 wrote:
mancabbage wrote:
fuck that guy man!!! This series is so much better than the last, feels like everything has been stepped up. I get pissed off when the credits roll

This week's episode marked the biggest departure I've seen so far from the books. So many characters are missing from this season… I'm thinking it was probably a good idea, the books are too big to film entirely, but it's still feels like a loss. That said, this season has been great.

Yeah it is amazing what they're. Doing but I'm sad about what they are leaving out
Post Tue May 08, 2012 8:57 pm
MCGF

futuristxen wrote:
icarus502 wrote:
mancabbage wrote:

Yeah it is amazing what they're. Doing but I'm sad about what they are leaving out

What specifically? I can't think of anything from the second book that they have entirely left out (aside from the Reeds, but I don't think they are consequential).

Personally, I loved the new episode BECAUSE of all the changes. For the first time, I had absolutely no idea what the fuck was going to happen. I literally yelled "OH SHIT" at the TV at least 10 times last sunday. Plus, all the Arya/Tywin scenes are straight up genius. And the actor who plays Theon did so amazingly in that first scene... all of his internal conflict was right there.. I felt bad for him while simultaneously hating his cowardly ass.
Post Tue May 08, 2012 9:12 pm
Plum Puddin'

Post Tue May 08, 2012 9:34 pm
futuristxen

MCGF wrote:
futuristxen wrote:
icarus502 wrote:
mancabbage wrote:

What specifically? I can't think of anything from the second book that they have entirely left out (aside from the Reeds, but I don't think they are consequential).

Well I was thinking specifically of the Reeds. I thought they were really cool and it gave Bran some companions his own age to travel with and grow as a character with. It won't be the same with Osha or whatever they are calling her in the show. It will still be good. But I thought the Reeds were really interesting characters and they are a good transition into where Bran is going. Those were some of my favorite parts in the book, those three and Hodor running around. Plus the both of them are like fucking ninjas and that would have been cool to see.
Post Tue May 08, 2012 10:09 pm
Flossin

Yeah, this episode was the best so far. Can't wait for Ramsay Bolton/Snow to show up. And I forgot the Reeds should already be on the scene. I also forgot about the 2 dumb Walders or whatever they were called that hung out in Winterfell. No loss there, though.
I'm also wondering how some... physical changes in the characters will be pulled off.
Post Wed May 09, 2012 7:55 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

I'm wondering if the Reed's will come around later.
Post Wed May 09, 2012 8:41 am
Hellen Earth
could be a girl. could be a guy.

I was thinking the same thing. They are going to have to introduce them to further the plot for Bran eventually.
Post Wed May 09, 2012 8:49 am
futuristxen

Well if they have Osha already know the information that the reeds have they may be able to skip the Reeds entirely.

I think probably they just really liked the actress for Osha so much that they decided to give her more things to do and make her into an even bigger character than the books.

I'm very excited about Ygritte. You know nothing Jon Snow is probably THE line I always remember most from the books.

Also I think they nailed Brienne of Tarth.

And the actor doing Theon is doing an amazing job. I feel like I have a better empathy for the decisions Theon makes than I did in the books, where he was almost like Joffrey to me for the longest time.

Which is good, because Theon has one of the better character arcs in the book IMO.

The actor who plays Joffrey is out of control though. Just wow. I feel bad for that guy at this point, because I'm sure he gets a lot of bad reactions in public. He has to be one of the better villians in TV history.

I need more Varys and Tyrion though.

Also the girl who plays Arya is incredible. Going toe to toe with the guy who plays Tywin is amazing. She's definitely my favorite character in both the books and tv shows.
Post Wed May 09, 2012 10:22 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next