Search
Register
MESS WITH TEXAS Tour 2012 is over. Reviews within
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

MP3D
Straaaange FAMOUS!

i will be there tomorrow (with Passenger)

SAGE,

what time do you go on? i have an interview friday, so im hoping you dont go on too late...................
Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:31 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Nice. I'm hoping I don't go on too late as well. Most likely 11pm
Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:45 pm
MP3D
Straaaange FAMOUS!

dope!

are you to the point in your career where you take requests? hah, if so i have always wanted to hear "Hang Time aka bang bang boogie"

it was my birthday yesterday, it could be a late present :)
Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:12 pm
passenger

Been a long time! Looking forward to it. See you tomorrow!
Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:28 pm
passenger

Great show last night fellas. Really enjoyed both sets thoroughly. Dolan's new stuff is banging and so is Vol 2. Love that Sage played a lot of stuff off Personal Journals for its 10th anniversary... brought me back to all those shows many years ago and reminded me of why I fell in love with sage... sexually. New song was hot fiyah and looking forward to hearing that translated on an audio recording. Great twists on songs throughout the show as well. Both sets were very well thought out. Really enjoyed myself. Thanks guys. Next time you're in town, hit me up so I can take you for some real Tex Mex rather than that god awful Chupacabras.

B., sorry but you lost the dance battle.
Post Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:31 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Thanks again for coming out. It was nice seeing you guys there. I also saw a couple other people from way back in the day. Means a lot.
Post Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:26 pm
passenger

I was impressed by the amount of young kids there... thought that was pretty cool.

I'll keep coming as long as you keep putting out.
Post Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:50 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

:-O
Post Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:08 pm
anomaly
Loserface

Sunday sunday sunday! I got Monday morning off work, the car is gased up and my dancing shoes are shined like a mofo.

It's go time.
Post Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:27 pm
MessiahCarey

I saw a picture of MP3D, so not only did he find him but there's visual proof.

I super <3 Texas for it's weird.
Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:32 am
anomaly
Loserface

In the building! Balcony, baby!!!

Edit:
Best Sage/BDolan show to date. B played some new material people are going to love. B also killed a local clown in the dance battle. Dallas didn't represent very well in dancing.

It was really cool finally getting to see all the Personal Journals stuff live and some of the mashup/medley action going on. Every show gets better and more entertaining.

Thanks for coming through TX guys. You gentlemen are masters of your craft.

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:48 pm
anomaly
Loserface

dp
Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:06 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

We are back home. As expected we ran into a few unique and interesting/annoying problems during our TX run. I don't have the energy or time to explain it all at the moment, but maybe by the end of the night I will. What's most important is how awesome the fans were. The people who came to the shows were ravenous. They bought merch, they screamed the lyrics, they participated in the show. We felt loved and appreciated, so that's the good stuff.

My favorite part of this whole jaunt was getting to hang with B. Dolan for 5 days. We've been on our own separate tour paths since 2010, so it was really nice to joke around, dis rappers, and spitball ideas with him. Not to mention developing the whole Epic Beard Men concept on stage while performing our songs together again. Eemz me bruddah. "Boop, boop."

A major highlight is when an 8 year old Houston boy came on stage and recited the lyrics to Keep Moving.

Annoyances:

*These shows were not promoted properly. They relied heavily on my own promotion, but I do not have the local outreach that they do. Promoters and venues are getting way too lax in their promotion techniques. I took a big risk on working with new promoters this time through. Sometimes that works to our benefit. Not this time. The crowds were nice but not as big as they could have been. It's funny seeing people find out about the show after they're already over and they're like, "WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS!" Haha. Ah well.

*The San Antonio show was thrown in a basement with a stage that didn't arrive until 9pm. The sound guy was an absolute dolt. I was really frustrated with that show until I hit the "stage." At that point the enthusiasm of the crowd totally lifted my spirits. It was awesome from there on out.

*Arriving to our overpriced roach hotel at 2AM after the San Antonio show, totally fucking exhausted, the desk clerk proved to be just as incompetent as the sound guy was. I booked the hotel through expedia but he couldn't find our reservation. He stared at the computer like it was an impossible math problem. He shuffled around as we stood patiently. I then suggested that I could call Expedia and see what the problem was. He said, "See...if you booked this through Expedia then your name would be right HERE" as he pointed at my name. And I said, "Yeah...that's my name. The one I gave you when we came in. Now give us our key." Christ almighty, Texas is a special place.

Here is a great review of the Fitzgerald's show in Houston:

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/rocks/2012/04/last_night_sage_francis_and_b.php
Post Tue May 01, 2012 6:30 pm
Captiv8

Peaks and valleys, Sage. Peaks and valleys. Looks like you've come out clean, and that's a good thing. I eagerly await news of a Midwest tour.
Post Tue May 01, 2012 6:53 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Well, we already did the midwest tour this year. I probably won't do another one until I have a new album out.
Post Tue May 01, 2012 8:15 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next