Search
Register
El-P "Cancer 4 Cure" available now at SFRstore
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

selfworth

i was going to wait to hear it but i was riding with a buddy today and he had it in his car, so i got a sneak peek. but yes, there is no patience left in this world. i did pre-order it and am looking forward to arriving on my doorstep. this is definitely one to add to the collection
Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:44 pm
Captiv8

selfworth wrote:
i just heard the whole album today and i'd have to say it's pretty nice. it's what i would expect from an el-p album. if you like the track he posted then you will dig the album.

How did this happen, you industry insider, you?
Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:45 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

selfworth wrote:
i was riding with a buddy today and he had it in his car, so i got a sneak peek.

yeahhhh, ok.. *nudge, nudge*
Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:36 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

shatter your face
Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:04 pm
selfworth

T-Wrex wrote:
selfworth wrote:
i was riding with a buddy today and he had it in his car, so i got a sneak peek.

yeahhhh, ok.. *nudge, nudge*

ok you got me, no, but seriously, yep, that's how it went down. i'm into supporting artists that i like, not really into taken money from their pockets. i'd have to say, after hearing it yesterday, i'm even more excited to get my copy.
Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:42 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

the next single officially released

chainsaw to the domepiece
Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:14 pm
CaptainFantasy

Love the tracks released so far, Full Retard and Tougher Colder Killer. I miss the days of hip hop infiinity or whatever it was called where the preorders always had a signed poster, instrumental disc or other goodies with it. The music is enough and I will definitely purchase this, but after checking the Fat Possum site today the preorder was CD for $13 and that's it. I guess in these days of so many people downloading without purchasing we don't get the extras anymore but Fifth Element and SFR always seem to come correct with the sweet preorder deals still. Not trying to bitch, just a thought I had on the current state of purchasing music.
Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:26 pm
Bicycle

Those BDP stabs are so good

Dude's reigned in his flow a ton since his earlier work. These last couple of tracks his rapping has impressed me as much as his beats which is no doubt an accomplishment
Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:55 pm
Limbs

CaptainFantasy wrote:
Love the tracks released so far, Full Retard and Tougher Colder Killer. I miss the days of hip hop infiinity or whatever it was called where the preorders always had a signed poster, instrumental disc or other goodies with it. The music is enough and I will definitely purchase this, but after checking the Fat Possum site today the preorder was CD for $13 and that's it. I guess in these days of so many people downloading without purchasing we don't get the extras anymore but Fifth Element and SFR always seem to come correct with the sweet preorder deals still. Not trying to bitch, just a thought I had on the current state of purchasing music.

The DefJux site has a bunch of the kind of preorder deals you want for C4C and RAP Music.
Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:57 am
Jesse

Limbs wrote:
CaptainFantasy wrote:
The DefJux site has a bunch of the kind of preorder deals you want for C4C and RAP Music.
Let's make this as simple as possible!

CLICK HERE FOR PRE-ORDER DEALS
Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:48 am
anomaly
Loserface

i too heard this cd in my friend's car and I'm liking all the instrumental breaks. And yes, I think El-P's flow got much much better.

I'll be ordering the pre-order w/ instrumental disc tomorrow.

I'm still scratching my head at how Danny Brown ended up on this. Aesop and Cage were on your last album; this one gets Danny Brown. Hrm.
Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:22 am
Limbs

Quotas need to be filled...
Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:47 am
annan

anomaly wrote:
I'm still scratching my head at how Danny Brown ended up on this. Aesop and Cage were on your last album; this one gets Danny Brown. Hrm.

He seems to have been a fan of defjux, doesn't seem like such a stretch: http://www.cocaineblunts.com/blunts/?p=6666

Would've been an interesting collabo: http://twitter.com/#!/XDannyXBrownX/statuses/82888175676170240

But yeah, so psyched for C4C.
Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:47 am
Jesse

I want to draw you a flow chart that shows how El is friends with Danny through Despot and Das Racist, I guess just typing it out like that works.

Exquire is a weirder friend... it seems like he just jacked a bunch of El-P and Necro beats for his mixtape last year, and they liked it so it was cool? Maybe there was some behind-the-scenes biz that we fans will never know...
Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:03 pm
anomaly
Loserface

Danny Brown is entertaining, but I wouldn't consider him talented or worthy of being on this album; that's all I'm saying. I know they're friends, but it just seemed the last album had more gifted friends. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to accept he got a pass. It's either his voice or the fact he has nothing to say.....something about him erks me.

I am a fan of his laugh though. That laugh all day, every day.

Last edited by anomaly on Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:11 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next