Search
Register
Aesop Rock "SKELETHON" available at SFRstore NOW!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Flawed Logic

Location: Austin, TX - Albuquerque, NM - Kalamazoo, MI - Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

Hahaha - Awesome - Thank you for doing that ^^^
Post Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:31 pm
Bob_ptmfus

Lol that's great. Yeah it's all just speculation. I was just curious if anyone knows more. But as Captiv8 says, it'd be a shame, especially because they worked well together on record.
Post Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:55 pm
Jack

I didn't want to say anything or speculate before, but one thing i did notice is that aesop rock isn't listed as an artist for defjux for quite some time now on the website. But I'm with neuro and just bet they are doing their own thing. I mean C4C is on fat possum records
Post Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:56 pm
MCGF

Def Jux no longer exists as a label. El-P is just using the site (and the brand) to sell Cancer For Cure and the Killer Mike album.
Post Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:13 pm
anomaly
Loserface

El-P is butthurt Aesop is making his own beats now instead of buying his laserbeats.

Just my theory

I wonder if Aes still wants his ASR to go to El before he's buried w his mistakes? Hrmmmmmmm.
Post Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:18 pm
Plum Puddin'

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:26 am
selfworth

anomaly wrote:
El-P is butthurt Aesop is making his own beats now instead of buying his laserbeats.

Just my theory

I wonder if Aes still wants his ASR to go to El before he's buried w his mistakes? Hrmmmmmmm.

i don't think aesop really used many el-p beats to begin with. if you look back most of his beats have always been his or blockhead's. music for earthworms, i think, was produced by dub-l
Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:04 am
Captiv8

I definitely prefer Blockhead beats to Aesop's. Any word on who's production the new album? It would be amazing to hear Aesop Rock over some Ant tracks.
Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:10 am
Captiv8

Captiv8 wrote:
I definitely prefer Blockhead beats to Aesop's. Any word on who's production the new album? It would be amazing to hear Aesop Rock over some Ant tracks.

I looked at Rhymesayers homepage and it seems that the album will be entirely self-produced. Huh. I was kind of hoping for a more collaborative effort, but there is definitely something to be said for making the music you rap over. Makes it more personal. Still looking forward to this, despite the guest appearance of Kimya Dawson.
Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:38 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

aesops beats are completely bonkers now, he doesnt need anyone else for that
Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:06 am
anomaly
Loserface

Captiv8 wrote:
Still looking forward to this, despite the guest appearance of Kimya Dawson.

I checked out the tracks on her album w/ Aesop. Walk Like Thunder is decent, but for the most part, she's a terrible version of Ani DiFranco to me.
Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:27 am
Jesse

Kimya Dawson is the realest lyricist EVER.

I don't find her music to be similar to Ani Difranco's, but it probably depends a lot on your frame of reference. She's more in the folk-punk vein than Ani's weird funky acoustic confessional style. I guess I also like her more because she comes across as extremely sincere and passionate and I have trouble trusting Ani's words because there's so much artifice in the delivery.

When I saw that KD and AR were friends, my heart exploded. The fact they're collaborating is too much for me to take.

Fuck yeahhhhhhhh
Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:08 pm
tommi teardrop

I don't really have any interest in hearing Kimya Dawson (or the Mountain Goats for that matter) collaborate with any rapper or rap producer, but I would rather listen to her fart than listen to Ani Di Franco.

KD comes across as very sincere and genuine to me. I likes her a lot.
Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:36 pm
Captiv8

I suppose my beef isn't really with Dawson herself, as I find some of her songs palatable for their heart-on-the-sleeve idiosyncrasies. My issue is with every girl I see and then hear that thinks they are Kimya Dawson. College kids these days.

At any rate, I'm with Tommi on the collaborations. I didn't think John Darnielle added anything to "Coffee" except like 20 extra seconds, and I like the Mountain Goats.
Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:34 pm
Jesse

Captiv8 wrote:
I suppose my beef isn't really with Dawson herself, as I find some of her songs palatable for their heart-on-the-sleeve idiosyncrasies. My issue is with every girl I see and then hear that thinks they are Kimya Dawson. College kids these days.
She literally has a song about having a problem with a band or artist because of their fans on the new record. It's on a beat by Aesop Rock that slams.
Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:47 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next