Search
Register
THE Video Game Discussion Thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

breakreep
homophobic yet curious

Just finished ME3. As someone else said, incredible finish to one of my favorite trilogies of all time. If you don't like whatever ending you get, maybe you just don't like deep contemplation and soul-searching.
Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:36 am
Captiv8

Did you resolve your 360 shortage or opt for the PC route?

I just started Skate 3 and I already like it more than 2. For one thing, I've been dying to darkslide and now I can finally do it. It seems like they've made the flip tricks a little easier as well, which is nice. I've only played it for an hour and it's a smooth ride so far.
Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:30 am
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

The former. And specifically because I wanted to play this game over my spring break. The ensuing financial distress I'm sure will result was totally worth it.
Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:04 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

skate 3:

much smoother and better overall,better level designs better skatespots for the most part and you can download a shitload of people-made custom skateparks too

doing tricks and grinds and whatever is also smoother, like butter , and kinda clicky in and out of grinds in a good way, it just feels nice playin, one major improvement is getting off the board and running, its sooooooooooo much better than skate 2

you can switch it to Del's full instrumental soundtrack too, he made it just for the game, although i usually turn the music all the way down and just play my own on the stereo

as i said the only thing i dont like is how its not one big massive world anymore and its broken up into 3 sections, but you can just teleport anywhere you want but liked it being all open

also another thing i dont like is the hall of meat , i like how its all new and you can control how you fall and break bones and whatnot thats badass but i dont like how they made that part of the skate missions and you have to complete those , its dumb, you dont HAVE to do them to finish the game but someone like you( cap) will want to have them done to complete everything

oh and there a code for freeskate where it turns all the people into zombies , thats kinda cool , check it

skate 3 has been out since right around red dead first dropped, and i havent seen any news a skate 4, i hope they revamp the graphics to be lil more realistic , cause by this point its startin to look a little cartoony now, i hope its one big open world again and i hope nighfalls and sunrises and maybe rain and weather too, that would be nice and have some interesting outcomes, i want it to be more raw more street
Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:08 pm
Flossin

I wanna buy Uncharted 3 for playstation. Anybody played it here? Is it any good? I really liked 2.
Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:30 pm
squirtisblow

yea uncharted 3 is pretty solid. it's just good story telling, i never found anything really innovative with the gameplay of that series, but they do a great job of putting the player in an indiana jones cinema style gameplay. i thought the game was fun, but i just borrowed it from a friend. i'm not sure if i would personally spend the money on it, but if you liked 2 then you will surely love 3.
Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:55 pm
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

Picked up Anno 2070 on sale on Steam yesterday. Haven't gave it a try yet, anyone play? I read a bunch of reviews and from what I can tell everything is positive. I haven't played much sim/strategy games lately (Civ V being the most recent) but I have high hopes.
Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:45 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

ninja gaiden 3 got a 3.0!!!!!!!!!!!

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1221032p1.html

its still looks badass to me though and alot of his critisms seem like improvements for the series especially if its a bit easier than the previous games, and all the other games were too just a 3-d hack and slash scroller, with some puzzles mixxed in,,and non sense story as well, i dunno what he was expecting

i dunno i feel like this review may be a bit false

Last edited by Neuro on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:03 am
Captiv8

Hahaha, that sucks. In other news, Skate 3 is definitely tailored to be easy. I've been breezing through this game like nobody's business. Aside from having to kill 80 challenges, I'm on cruise control. One thing that does suck is that EA made it so you had to spend another 10 bucks on their Skate.Create crap, unless you bough the game brand new. Wish I had known that.
Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:06 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

the only dlc worth getting for skate 3 is the new level spots

you might wanna try hardcore mode?, it does add challenge to skating a bit, but normal is the perfect balance IMO, i just free skate thats the most fun you can ask for with this game, but when you finish the main story theres still tons of leftover skate missions too, its def real easy, they are made easy for replay too, which good from time to time,

ALL the story missions are playable online though, the whole thing with this game when it was first released was to build skate teams online and skate with different crews and go through the story missions with them, but now since the game as been out for so long im sure that online aspect has died down bigtime, and of course you can do it all solo too, thats i perfer, but they have it set up for replay value you can just hop online and do missions too or compete
Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:15 am
Captiv8

I'm good on the hardcore mode, man. I'm not complaining about the easiness, especially after slugging through Skate 2. In fact, I'm celebrating it. I'm eager to move on to new games, or to finish up old ones.
Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:53 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

this seems to be the most legit review ive seen for ninja gaiden 3

i dunno im writing that IGN review off , i think they just picked a poor reviewer for it

also ive been watching this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIchYieqYig&feature=related

if you are a fan of the series i def think this is much improved and overall better experience, this gives great insight to the details of the game and im still pretty hyped to play it
Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:19 pm
squirtisblow

I don't know, NG3 seems pretty lame to me. I likes the old ones and the difficulty of them. The difficulty is one of the main things that brought me in. Only one weapon and combo set? lame.
Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:13 pm
Disharmony

Neuro, why do you dick ride games so hard before you play them? It's like you commit yourself to loving a game before you even experience it. It's very strange.
Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:26 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

squirtisblow wrote:
I don't know, NG3 seems pretty lame to me. I likes the old ones and the difficulty of them. The difficulty is one of the main things that brought me in. Only one weapon and combo set? lame.

even with all the other weapons in the other games i always used the sword the most, its ninja gaiden why not just use a sword?

also i watched the 57 min playthrough that i gave a link to above, you can change the difficulty to hard if you want that challenge, they just made the easy and normal difficulties like they are supposed to be instead of easy difficulty actually being extremely difficult, get it?, i see a lot of improvements with this game, stuff that i thought of while playing the previous titles

disharmony, there just certain titles i know for a fact i will like despite some nerd-ass reviewer shittin on it just because it isnt standard, there's a lot of reviewers you can tell don't even care about the title and are just playin it because its what was handed to them, and that's what i got with that ign review for NG3, i still havent played so i dunno still, but by watching the gameplay , im pretty damn sure i will enjoy it, i just know what i like thats all,.....theres also a lot of high rated games i dont give 2 shits about, it works both ways
Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:56 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 257, 258, 259 ... 353, 354, 355  Next