Search
Register
NFL 2011
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

mattrego

Alot of media members up here in new England have been waiting for something like this to happen so they can take the focus off of spygate. I still think spygate was worse.
Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:51 pm
spagucci-one

The Peyton Manning era in Indianapolis is over. Where does he end up next?
Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:47 am
desert penguin

Would love to have that mofo slingin' in Seattle.
Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:39 am
Captiv8

desert penguin wrote:
Would love to have that mofo slingin' in Seattle.

That would be awesome, but I don't think it's going to happen.

It does seem like a betrayal though. I mean, where would the Colts be without Manning? I can't see them doing much better this coming season, even with Andrew Luck. Now the poor bastard doesn't even have a mentor.
Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:11 pm
Limbs

I feel like it was probably a mutual thing. I don't think Manning was keen on being a mentor. Kinda like Favre.

Someone will way over pay for him and Wayne. Either Miami or Washington.

I'll tell you what though, it feels unfair that the Colts have the best QB in the game for a decade, suck for a year and get the next best QB in the game with either Luck or RG3 (who I'm not totally convinced won't have a better career than Luck.). I mean, jesus.
Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:47 pm
SFR announcement

mattrego wrote:
I still think spygate was worse.

I have to disagree, based on principle alone. In theory, "spygate" was about trying to figure out what plays and formations the other teams would be using. The bounty shit was about "knocking out" players and aiming to hurt them...potentially ruining their careers. I know this has been a big discussion on the radio, and I've heard both sides of the argument, but I'm still surprised to hear "spygate" brought up in the same breath as a program that rewards football players for fucking up other football players.
Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:53 pm
Limbs

Hai guise! Apparently Peyton's press conference was classy!
Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:28 am
selfworth

SFR announcement wrote:
mattrego wrote:
I still think spygate was worse.

I have to disagree, based on principle alone. In theory, "spygate" was about trying to figure out what plays and formations the other teams would be using. The bounty shit was about "knocking out" players and aiming to hurt them...potentially ruining their careers. I know this has been a big discussion on the radio, and I've heard both sides of the argument, but I'm still surprised to hear "spygate" brought up in the same breath as a program that rewards football players for fucking up other football players.

yeah, but isn't football about laying out the hit on someone? whether you are trying to knock them out of the game or not doesn't really matter, i've seen people end their careers on small moves that look harmless and people get crushed and have their limbs go in all sorts of wrong directions and get right back up like it was nothing. just because you might be trying to cream someone doesn't mean it's going to happen. the only thing i see wrong in it is the fact that coaches were involved. we all know that this sort of thing happens in the locker room between players, it has been since the dawn of football, it's just this went farther than most organizations. there isn't a single defensive player in the nfl that can say that they have never been involved in this sort of behavior. i feel that spygate was definitely much worse, that involved out right cheating
Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:00 am
mattrego

Yeah, when you look at the whole "fraternity" of the players side it is pretty messed up the coaches bounty was to hurt and mame. Bounties for big hits is a common thing, but the "taking the player out of the game" angle is pretty messed up. Both spygate and the bounty thing were similar in that teams that were caught were warned not to do these things just before the season, because of suspicions, or face stiff penalties, and both teams still did it. Spygate was about gainin a competitive advantage thru means against the rules. Regardless if all teams do it, the pats got caught. So did the saints.

The one thing that is gonna come into play as far as punishment goes is the fact Goodell is trying to get rid of the unnecessary violence in the game, as far as hitting a defenseless player, etc...

I don't know, I still think spygate is slightly worse.
Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:19 am
SFR announcement

There's a difference between getting the "big hit" and hitting to injure.

Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:05 am
Captiv8

Big hits are a part of the game, it's true. You don't play football so you can be treated like a Faberge egg. But it's another thing to try and deliberately hurt a player by aiming for his head, leading with your helmet, or going for the knees. The middle one is the worst, both for the tackler and tacklee. It's not even proper form, which is why you see a lot of missed tackles out there. Use your arms, you idiot.
Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:48 am
Limbs

Why on Earth would Wayne resign with Indy?

Leos are hurting with the cap. It sucks seeing the Bears get Marshall and go after Mario Williams and the Lions are struggling to resign their own guys. Still need help on the OL and secondary. Damn it.
Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:59 pm
Captiv8

Limbs wrote:
Why on Earth would Wayne resign with Indy?

Leos are hurting with the cap. It sucks seeing the Bears get Marshall and go after Mario Williams and the Lions are struggling to resign their own guys. Still need help on the OL and secondary. Damn it.

I know, right? But I feel good about the draft. I think what's been hurting the Lions lately is that they always get the early picks. This is, in theory, great, and has obviously worked out with some players (Johnson, Suh, and Stafford when he's healthy). But I think mid-round picks are the way to go, as they have a bit more to prove, especially in later rounds. They have the hardest work ethics, in my opinion. At any rate, I would go with a phenomenal OL pick first, then go with use the second pick for a nice linebacker. I have high hopes for Best still, but he needs to get his game together.
Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:14 am
Eric B

Tampa Bay is making waves in free agency, Vincent Jackson and Carl Nicks so far.
Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:44 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42