Search
Register
NCAA bracket challenge
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

corporateslave

NCAA bracket challenge  Reply with quote  

The usual SFR yahoo bracket group is back for another year. Newcomers welcome!

Go to join group at this link http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/register/joingroup

Use the following info:

group id#: 78951

password: rapmusic

Good luck!
Post Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:49 pm
Captiv8

I'm just glad Michigan State won the Big10. First time since the championship run of 2000. Let's do this and burn shit in a non-riot way.
Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:48 am
Limbs

First time ever filling out a bracket. I'm really hoping for a MSU/OSU champ game. I root for both teams. And the Ohio vs Michigan angle will be fun.
Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:15 pm
Captiv8

I filled 'er out, with the big showdown between MSU and Kansas. I know I'm biased, but I feel something magical in the air. I also think Harvard is going to upset Vandy. I don't really know. I don't watch games throughout the season for the most part, so I just guess based on what I've seen or heard on Sportscenter.
Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:20 pm
corporateslave

Captiv8 wrote:
I filled 'er out, with the big showdown between MSU and Kansas. I know I'm biased, but I feel something magical in the air. I also think Harvard is going to upset Vandy. I don't really know. I don't watch games throughout the season for the most part, so I just guess based on what I've seen or heard on Sportscenter.

I find the naive approach is usually more accurate. I always fill out my first bracket from gut instinct and then I'll have a few more where I really think it out and play out a few different situations, and almost every single time the bracket I filled out by instinct is far more accurate than the ones I think about more.
Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:46 pm
Captiv8

corporateslave wrote:
Captiv8 wrote:

I find the naive approach is usually more accurate. I always fill out my first bracket from gut instinct and then I'll have a few more where I really think it out and play out a few different situations, and almost every single time the bracket I filled out by instinct is far more accurate than the ones I think about more.

http://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/an-open-letter-to-the-guy-in-my-office-who-thinks-he-is-the-ncaa-tournament-office-pool-oracle
Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:53 am
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

man my bracket is jaacked up. but I guess so is everyone else's. the duke/mizzou upsets won't mess me up as much as other people since I had both teams losing in the sweet 16 anyway. other than that this is getting messy and I like it
Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:59 pm
Captiv8

This is the only time of year I enjoy college basketball. It was amazing seeing Lehigh upset Duke! I had them in my Elite 8, but it's always nice to see the little guy do something like this.
Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:38 pm
Captiv8

For the Sweet 16 the East division was the only one I had totally correct. Man. At least it's still totally possible to have Kansas and OSU in the Final Four, as well as MSU. Fuck you, Duke. According to the bracket site I'm in third, behind Icarus (I think) and fuckembucky, whoever that is.
Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:52 am
Limbs

Fucking Spartans.
Post Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:56 pm
corporateslave

I was amazed that any of the brackets I had were still alive after the first weekend. Duke and Mizzou hurt me bad. I had a bracket on espn.com with Mizzou winning it all cause I thought there was a reasonable chance they could take it with their lethal 3 point shooting, but they got lazy on d and let norfolk trade baskets with them. I had Duke losing in the championship game in one, that hurts. But somehow I'm still in fourth for now. It will take until tomorrow night for my bracket to be totally fucked.
Post Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:35 pm
Captiv8

Limbs wrote:
Fucking Spartans.

You said it, man. What an atrocious performance.
Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:06 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

Never done this well on a bracket ever. Go Cards!
Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:08 am
Captiv8

Ya, you've done well with Louisville. I definitely regretting picking Duke over Kentucky too. Damn Duke.
Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:48 pm
JohnSchwan

98th percentile nationally, killin' it.
Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:32 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next