Search
Register
Great radio story on Christopher Daniel Gay (Little Houdini)
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

xGasPricesx

Great radio story on Christopher Daniel Gay (Little Houdini)  Reply with quote  

So Radiolab's new episode features a really interesting and somewhat haunting story on Little Houdini himself, with interviews with Chris and his family members. I highly recommend it for anyone with even a passing interest in this story.

Here is the link where you can stream or download it: http://www.radiolab.org/2012/feb/20/

(And no, unfortunately they don't mention Sage's song in the podcast)
Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:47 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Re: Great radio story on Christopher Daniel Gay (Little Houd  Reply with quote  

xGasPricesx wrote:
unfortunately they don't mention Sage's song in the podcast

Yeah, that's incredibly strange considering how they use phrasings that seem to have been yanked directly out of my Little Houdini lyrics. I found that to be...weird. Great podcast though.
Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:56 am
Buddy Peace

Damn, I have this all set to listen to but haven't gotten round to it yet- Radiolab podcasts are consistently amazing. The guy Jad who does the sound is normally so on top of music, I am surprised that they didn't find Litle Houdini- that's an huge oversight... Ah well. I'll shunt this to the front of my listening agenda.

I was bumping Little Houdini the other day, it's one of the best openers on anything. Just kills on every level.
Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:48 am
theodora

I came here to post this, sort of relieved there was already a thread about it. The woman with whom he had children (can't remember if they were married) seemed like an exceptionally emotionally intelligent person. I guess she probably had a lot to think about once she found out her partner was cutting trap doors into their trailer. I kept waiting for them to mention the Sage song after they mentioned another singer's tribute. Strange.
Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:23 pm

Jump to: