Search
Register
Favorite Beer
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Disharmony

So, on my quest to try a new beer every weekend I went to a new store and picked up some Two hearted ale. The aroma was surprising and the taste was a little bitter with a progression of flavor as it lingers on your taste buds. It was an interesting beer to say the least. I was surprised when I looked it up on the web and found the beer getting near perfect and perfect ratings.

I also picked up one of these bad boys: Which wasn't all that great, but the bottle it came in was sweet.
Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:21 am
Eric B

I didn't mind that mississippi mud, but the best part is drinking out of a jug.

Proper form:
Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:53 pm
tommi teardrop

So I gave the Innis & Gunn another shot. Had this one the other night:

It was so much better than the oak one. I really liked it for a stout. I got mine for free, but I assume it's pretty expensive.

I also tried the Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye, and it was alright. I just feel like all Sierra Nevadas taste similar. Maybe its just in my head.
Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:40 pm
Captiv8

Sweet Jesus, that looks delicious. Mmmmm. I'll keep an eye out for it. Glad you gave it another try.
Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:24 pm
phataccino

tommi teardrop wrote:
I also tried the Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye, and it was alright. I just feel like all Sierra Nevadas taste similar. Maybe its just in my head.

I don't think it's just in your head. They seem that way to me too. I also think most of their beers are extremely overrated. They do have some good stuff--the porter and Ovila Abbey series (particulary Ovila Dubbel) come immediately to mind--but for the most part many of their ales are very similar in taste.
Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:48 pm
Captiv8

Because some folks have taken up the root beer torch in this thread I decided to do a little taste-tasting myself. Two root beers of note for me are Virgil's and Sioux City (which does indeed make a fine sarsaparilla as well). My God, what delicious flavors. Olde Brooklyn makes a nice one as too, optimum for root beer floats in my opinion. The key to any good float is a balance between your vanilla and root beer. It's tough to get it just so, without one overpowering the other. And then there's your Boston Cooler, which is obviously best done with Vernor's. For you folks that don't know about Vernor's, stop sleeping and make it happen.
Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:30 pm
xGasPricesx

This beer is my almost automatic go-to whenever I'm out anywhere. It's from a local Phoenix brewery, Four Peaks, and it's goddamn delicious. It's a Scottish ale with a great hop/malt balance, and for a 6% abv, it goes down incredibly smooth. If you ever see it in your area, I highly recommend trying it out.

Also, Four Peaks has two restaurants in the Phoenix area, one in Tempe and one in Scottsdale. The one in Tempe is the original, and definitely the best one, but both of them have incredible food and about 6-7 other beers that they make, all great in their own way. If you ever end up in this area, I highly recommend checking out one of these locations for some great food and some great beer.
Post Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:44 am
Captiv8

Now that sounds like a beer. To me, the implication of a beer called "Kilt Lifter" is that it gives the drinker a boner, sort of like pitching a tent.
Post Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:45 am
phataccino

Just got back from California's Mendocino coast and a visit to North Coast Brewery. Spent more than I probably should have on beer, with this:

being the highlight. I also got a case of their Old Stock, which is an English-style ale that weighs in at a whopping 12.9% abv. Pretty good stuff though. I really wanted to try the bourbon barrel-aged Old Rasputin, but at $19.99 per 22oz it was out of my price range. North Coast over carbonates all of their beers, but other than that, some good stuff.
Post Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:00 pm
JohnSchwan

Anyone tried Twisted Pine's "Ghost Face Killa"? It's got Habeneros, ghost chiles, jalapeņos and some others brewed in with it. It actually had a really good flavor until the heat kicked in.

Post Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:46 pm
Bandini
WIZARD APPRENTICE

One of the best I've had recently. A complex, balanced, serious beer.

Post Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:25 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Captiv8

I'm on a sort of vacation right now in Seattle and I finally found a banana bread beer by Well's. This is my alcoholic Holy Grail. Oddly enough, i was at this pkace Smash Wine & Cheese Bar in Wallingford and looking for, you know, a nice wine. And then there she was, just beckoning at the top of the drink menu. It set me back $9, but it was well worth it. Best beer I've had in a long time. Amazing. Seriously, this is a must try at least once.
Post Fri May 11, 2012 8:03 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

http://www.dogfish.com/community/news/press-releases/positive-contact-box-sets-to-hit-shelves-in-late-june.htm

!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:14 am
Captiv8

mortalthoughts wrote:
http://www.dogfish.com/community/news/press-releases/positive-contact-box-sets-to-hit-shelves-in-late-june.htm

!!!!!!!!!!!!

That sounds absolutely amazing and I can't wait to try it! It's a shame Del didn't get in on it, but I have this weird inclination to believe it would taste like boogers.
Post Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:51 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

i just want the vinyl tbh

the beer will probably sit on a shelf in my room forever
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:33 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next