Search
Register
THE Walking Dead Thread! On AMC No Less!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

bbreakz

Did anyone catch that Clutch song at the end of the episode. I believe its called Regulator. I haven't heard that in awhile or Clutch for that matter.

I don't nit pick too much but Rick's wife getting in a car to go find was one of those horror movie "don't do it moments" but I will let that slide. The car accident was a bit much.

Just get them off the farm. I am bored with the farm.
Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:52 pm
Szechwan

bbreakz wrote:
Did anyone catch that Clutch song at the end of the episode. I believe its called Regulator. I haven't heard that in awhile or Clutch for that matter.

I don't nit pick too much but Rick's wife getting in a car to go find was one of those horror movie "don't do it moments" but I will let that slide. The car accident was a bit much.

I agree, just bring Maggie because I could look at that woman for the full hour and never complain.
Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:38 pm
selfworth

bbreakz wrote:

yep, the song is regulator, it's off of blast tyrant. my sons and i were listening to it today, and i also hope that they get off the farm, but i don't think it will happen unless it gets overrun by walkers. rick wants to keep his wife close to the doc, that is unless she is dead, which i don't think will be the case, but i'm kinda hoping that it will go that way.she is annoying
Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:39 pm
Szechwan

Did not expect Lori to flaunt her crazy on Rick like that. Or at least not that blatantly.
She's mostly justified in doing it from her perspective, but that was a pretty twisted way to go about it.

Nice to see Herschel allowing his baddass to surface as well.
Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:51 pm
selfworth

from everything i've read and seen, it looks like they got the hint about the show moving too slow and are going all out to finish up season 2. the gore factor has definitely gone up from the first half of the season. it's going to be interesting to see if shane does die or if he gets away and become this rogue factor out on the lamb.
Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:59 am
Szechwan

Yeah its my understanding that in comparison to the comics, Shane should have been dead a long time ago. That leaves them with a pretty blank slate as to how (or if) they want to dispatch him.

Can't help but think we'll be seeing Darryls brother again one of these days too.
Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:49 pm
xGasPricesx

These past 2 episodes have definitely been improvements for the series so far. I do still have some pretty big problems with this show though, and I think they are summed up nicely in the A.V. Club review of the newest episode.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/judge-jury-executioner,70248/

This paragraph in particular really got to the core of the problems I have with this show.

"The failure here is one of threat. In order for this episodeís major issue to matter, we need to feel like Rick and the others are in real danger. There are no stakes here, apart from poor Randallís continued breathing. Yes, we know he came from a group, and yes, that group is almost certainly going to pose a problem for our ensemble down the road (not a spoiler; itís just, you donít introduce a threat this major on a show so desperately in need of threats and then forget about it), but once everyone is back on Hershelís farm, Randallís group becomes more of a theoretical concern than a practical one. Admittedly, this is part of the point. Executing Randall shouldnít be an easy answer, so there should be some question as to whether or not he represents an actual danger. But the disconnect here between the groupís intentions and the reality of their situation is so stark that itís difficult to build up much dramatic momentum. Dale isnít fighting a lost cause against a stark and painful new reality. Heís arguing with a bunch of unpleasant, sour morons that they shouldnít shoot someone because that someone makes their lives a little more complicated. If The Walking Dead was doing this on purpose, if it was some sort of dark satire about some idiots in a zombie wasteland, Iíd accept this. But weíre supposed to like these people. When Daryl says the group is broken, and when Dale ultimately agrees with him, weíre supposed to care. But the show has yet to give us much reason, and without a sense of impending doom, without some major Big Bad type threat out there pushing these people to tougher and tougher decisions, the tension continues to fall slack. We get thrilling, powerful sequences, but nothing builds on anything else. The showís momentís of quality exist in isolation, and thatís not good."
Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:29 am
AdamBomb

I think I am done with this show. So many people watch it that you feel left out if you dont...but the acting is wooden and unbelievable. You don't even feel emotionally invested when someone dies. Great effects, cool concept, but its run out of gas for me. Oh, and some of the shittiest southern accents I have ever heard.
Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:12 am
zagadka
DARK PAST HAVER

...when did the zombies get so dang strong? It seems like season 1 they were easily fooled and outrun, but now they have become increasingly stronger and faster. That's my main gripe.
Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:36 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

last night's show was AWESOME

who are you people , get the sandspurs out of your vaginas
Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:48 am
vintge
is vintge vince? vince vintge vincge?

this show has gotten soooo bad. i can't take it. went off a cliff.
we were cheering when the old dude was killed last episode.
they should just kill off each character one episode at a time until the zombies win.
Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:19 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

well "the walking dead" refers to the people , not the zombies
Post Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:37 pm
Limbs

vintge wrote:
this show has gotten soooo bad. i can't take it. went off a cliff.

Seriously. I am struggling through the second season now. These people are so fucking stupid and ridiculous. And boring. I thought it would get its footing this season. I think people want to like it more than they do.
Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:59 pm
desert penguin

Limbs wrote:
I think people want to like it more than they do.

I think you're just describing yourself.

It's a cheesy show. It's been cheesy for 20 episodes. Nothing has changed. Nothing is going to change. You either like it or you don't. No need to project any dumb social theories into the situation, though.
Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:18 pm
Limbs

Oh boo hoo.
Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:22 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next