Search
Register
THE Walking Dead Thread! On AMC No Less!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Mikal kHill

cough cough.
Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:42 pm
icarus502
kung-pwn master

zagadka wrote:

How did Rick's wife go from being distraught about her dead husband to getting it from the back on the forest floor with Shane to shooting daggers at him every chance she got when Rick rolled up into camp all "I'm ALIIIVE!"?! It seemed so fast and forced to me.

I saw the potential rapist in Shane right away. He has an angry penis.

Maybe there was always some attraction between her and Shane. Hell, they may have started sleeping together prior to him dying. They never made it clear how much time had passed between Rick getting shot and the Zombie Apocalypse. I thought that part was semi-realistic. It's weird that nobody else is apparently having sex in the crew.
Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:09 pm
Szechwan

deleted

Last edited by Szechwan on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:52 pm
Szechwan

And we're back! What'd ya think of that one? Knew shit would go down when Hershel took off the for the bar, but didn't expect that.
Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:26 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

ricks wife is a dumbass, wtf was that

love this show
Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:28 pm
Captiv8

I don't throw around phrases liked "jumped the shark" often.
Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:52 pm
Szechwan

Neuro wrote:
ricks wife is a dumbass, wtf was that

love this show

***Spoilers**
(also, does this forum support those hover censor-bars? Teach me?)

No shit. She lectures Rick on not running out on his wife and kid, then promptly bails on her son because someone is taking a snooze.

The chick was stable and in bed, Rick had gone to get Herschel; even if she hadn't fucked up, finding them at the pub would only speed up the process by 30 minutes or so. This show has so much potential but dumb shit like that makes it frustrating for me.

Also- Notice how he kills the fat, then makes sure to shoot him in the head after? A clue towards everyone being infected and reanimating regardless of whether they're bit? Am I reading too much into that? I think that was the first non-zombie death (ignoring explosions) we've seen.

Captiv8 wrote:
I don't throw around phrases liked "jumped the shark" often.

You feel that this particular episode is when the series jumped the shark?
Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:04 am
Captiv8

No, I feel that this happened on the first episode, as I expressed early in this thread. I think the problem for me is that I'm a big fan of zombies and the apocalypse, and this show doesn't really do either of them right. The casting of Norman Reedus was a nice touch and helpful to the show overall, but I the acting and overall character development is atrocious. And why the fuck is the cop still dressing like a cop? I don't now if they're just going for in-your-face symbology about law versus anarchy or what, but c'mon. Nobody respects the fact that you're a cop anywhere, buddy. Even your former partner, who appears to be increasingly batshit, knows it. He found new clothes. Why can't you, Andrew Lincoln?
Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:31 am
selfworth

last night he wasn't dressed like a cop, he was just wearing his belt, but he gave up the cop uniform a lttle while ago
Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:09 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

the dislikes about this show are retarded

if you dont like it , dont watch it and save us from your nit-picky criticisms
Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:39 pm
Captiv8

Neuro wrote:

I really don't give a shit what you do with your time. I prefer substance with my entertainment and I can express valid opinions about why I do or do not enjoy X. I'm not asking you to agree with me. I'm trying to engage in a discussion. But I'll leave you to your uncritical acceptance.
Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:49 pm
Szechwan

Neuro wrote:

To be fair, there is a lot about the show to complain about. It has so much potential, but there's so much lazy writing at the exact same time.
That being said, I try not to bitch too much about the premise, but I can't help but be vocal about the inconsistencies and bad decision making.

I thoroughly enjoy this show- I'm just not sure if it's because I genuinely feel it's that good, or because it looks that good compared to all the garbage on tv these days. Probably a combination of the two.
---

As for the cop uniform, sure it pisses people off but wouldn't the exact same people be crying if they hadn't stayed true to that portion of the comics?
Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:50 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

how is there a wrong way or right way when this is its own story, even that its from the comics it still stands alone because its a different medium and within that its expanding and trying new things the comics didnt do,the people that worked/work on the comics are involved with this show too, i also believe the character development is one the best things about this show , while theres moments where we dont understand, or may get frustrated, it all comes together eventually
Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:12 pm
xGasPricesx

My biggest problem with the show is that the characters just aren't likable, at all. They're all so two-dimensional and stupid that it's really hard to be interested or invested in any of them. I can't even decide who I dislike more, Rick or Shane.
Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:48 pm
zagadka
DARK PAST HAVER

Each episode has some qualities in it that make me say "huh...", but the fact I have been excited to watch it for several seasons now is enough for me. The character development is really slow and shallow for the most part, but whatever. I watch TV because sometimes I just don't want to think.

But I always do. I think about how freaking awesome it would be to be a zombie extra!! Oh man I would love to have full on zombie make-up and cut off dress pants on.
Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:30 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next