Search
Register
FEB 11 PVD B. DOLAN SHOW - Now w/ $10 Ticket Buy Link!
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Limbs

Man, I normally have complete faith in your recommendations and your eye for talent but in this case I see nothing for me. I just don't feel the dude's music and the rest of his subordinates. I tried. I hope you understand. No disrespect to you or anyone else on this bill, because I respect them all. Just not my thing. I feel he is completely undeserving of the praise he receives, musically.
Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:19 am
xxdr. mad69xx

The One Man Band Broke Up was the real deal, and that's real.
Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:04 pm
mattrego

I need a review, or a video, or something. Pissed I missed this. Fuckin kickball.
Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:45 am
futuristxen

I enjoyed the show. Juan Deuce was a really good performer and had a lot energy to start the show. Prolyphic did his thing. Ceschi was my favorite of the openers. He had a Why?/90s indie band thing going on with his rapping which broke up the show really nicely, and I felt like the crowd was super into him as well, so there was good energy for it and everything.

B. came on and laid waste to the mic. Did some of the new stuff, which I liked a lot. The Whose Side are you On song is really really great. And the ODB piece is sort of the grown up not awkward sibling to the justin timberlake piece from the last house of bees recording. In some ways it's a 50 ways type breakdown of the fame machine components.

There was a funny part where B brought a guy up for a dance off who was actually really good at dancing, so it was funny to see that play out, funnier than if the guy couldn't dance. The mustache hat stuff was funny.

Sage came on and joined B for some songs and that was fun to see. Even though I think the last time I saw B. was the also last time I saw Sage--it feels like it's been forever since I've seen Sage rap at a show--so it was a definite treat.

The new house of bees stuff sounds like it's going to be better than the last one. I think the current music sounds very much like "from ground zero of the beginning of the apocalypse" type thing, whereas maybe the last two albums were living in the fallout debris of said apocalypse and looking back. There's an urgent immediacy to it, certainly not helped by it being 2012, with Rick Santorum rounding on the White House.

So that's what happened. It was nice to see friends again. Even though I'm not from Rhode Island, it does feel a lot more like home than home. The good home you want to go back to. Not the bad bergman film home.
Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:52 am
Mikal kHill

Ceschi's the best. There's not anybody fucking with him that I'm aware of.
Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:20 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2