Search
Register
Got in to a car accident today hit a pedestrian in crosswalk
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Jesse

My "touch-ups" remark was smug and mean, sorry about that.

The actual edits though, pointing out the subtle distancing of oneself from having been the active party, were worthwhile. We're not the kid's lawyers, and he doesn't need our legal help. He's just looking for some sympathy for this thing that happened to him where he tried to use his peripheral vision to keep track of whether any humans were standing in the DESIGNATED HUMAN ZONE that he pushed his panzer tank through without really thinking about it.

I'm not trying to really bash him, he just fucked up and it rubs me wrong when people do that and act like it just happened to them. Let's not make it out to be a huge deal.

And the cats calling me names for complaining about it aren't even really on Nemonic's side, or they'd take shots at Sage and every other cat who pointed out that it's a fair observation. I especially love Alias in his superman pajamas swooping in to stick up for the little guy. Shit is glamorous.
Post Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:16 pm
Limbs

Alias@anticon.com wrote:
Limbs wrote:
Alias@anticon.com wrote:
jakethesnake wrote:
anomaly wrote:
One time my cousin Walter stuck a cat in his ass; true story. He bought it at the local mall, so the whole fiasco wound up on the news. He embarassed my relatives and all. But the next week, he did it again. Different cat, same result, complete with a trip to the emergency room. Then, last week, I saw him in the pet store. He was buying another cat! I said, "Walt, what the hell are you doing, you know you're just gonna get this cat stuck up your ass too, why don't you knock it off?" And he says to me, "Anomaly, how the hell else am I supposed to get the gerbil out?" My cousin was a complete douchebag menace to society psychopath.

Gerbil accidents do happen, and I'm not trying to paint you as a villain, but take responsibility. You fire a hundred guns every time you stick a gerbil up your ass, don't reframe the time someone gets tagged as something that just happened, especially not something that just happened to YOUR COUSIN.

anomaly, you better fuckin' thank jake for those touch-ups. He helped you out without even asking for any sort of compensation. FREE OF CHARGE, BRO!

I don't know how anyone else feels but, keep to making food and beats for Dolan, huh?

Trolling Jesse is more douchey than Jesse. Who isn't douchey at all. Arrogant maybe but his posts are way more poignant and interesting than those ragging on him. Make a sound counterpoint rather than being a....... Douche.

says the guy who got booted from Sole's message board for trolling...

Great point. Thanks for the insight.

:-O
Post Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:47 pm
Captiv8

Jesse wrote:
And the cats calling me names for complaining about it aren't even really on Nemonic's side, or they'd take shots at Sage and every other cat who pointed out that it's a fair observation. I especially love Alias in his superman pajamas swooping in to stick up for the little guy. Shit is glamorous.

It's one thing to say someone needs to take responsibility for their actions, and it's another thing to do it like you do. So Sage agrees with you. I'm sure this is really vindicating for you. You have some other posters on board as well. Kudos for that. But no one was as aggressive assholish about it as you, per usual. You routinely rub people's tits the wrong way, Jesse. This might be cool or funny in the spontaneous context of a conversation, but not here. You had time to sit down and think about your post, type it out, and then click "Submit." It's like you're so eager to make your point before anyone else does that any filter you might have is thrown by the wayside. Only later, after the storm has subsided, do you retrieve it and realize that there are good ways and bad ways to make said point.
Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:55 am
Jesse

Captiv8 wrote:
It's one thing to say someone needs to take responsibility for their actions, and it's another thing to do it like you do. So Sage agrees with you. I'm sure this is really vindicating for you. You have some other posters on board as well. Kudos for that. But no one was as aggressive assholish about it as you, per usual. You routinely rub people's tits the wrong way, Jesse. This might be cool or funny in the spontaneous context of a conversation, but not here. You had time to sit down and think about your post, type it out, and then click "Submit." It's like you're so eager to make your point before anyone else does that any filter you might have is thrown by the wayside. Only later, after the storm has subsided, do you retrieve it and realize that there are good ways and bad ways to make said point.
I think you are describing this a little bit dramatically, though. There wasn't really any storm to speak of? But yeah my tone was shitty. I could have thought it through more. It's fair to call me out for that.

But like let's relax.
Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:43 pm
Jesse

Captiv8 wrote:
I think you are describing this a little bit dramatically, though. There wasn't really any storm to speak of? But yeah my tone was shitty. I could have thought it through more. It's fair to call me out for that.

But like let's relax.
Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:43 pm
Captiv8

Jesse wrote:
But like let's relax.

Precisely.
Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:05 pm
cakes

I come on here after some time to look for an old post and discover what I find to be a hilarious thread - no disrespect intended. I hear all the same tones from the familiar "friends" and, as always, watch the topic slowly diverge from its original intention with heat, passion, and comedy.

It sucks, but pedestrians vs. bikers vs. drivers is one situation where each party holds some level of responsibility in the maintenance of safety at all times. Always best to avoid incriminating yourself online, but can't fault a dude for looking for advice to ease his concerns from a pool of intelligent folks.

I am also surprisingly entertained by the fact that I can't tell whether or not you all know that the Walter story is from Mallrats...
Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:29 pm
anomaly
Loserface

Hahaaaaaa, someone finally recognized it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNaxRIETdi4&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:40 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5