Search
Register
Got in to a car accident today hit a pedestrian in crosswalk
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

crash

Location: the chocolate city with a marshmallow center and a graham cracker crust of corruption

in real life you give advice first, then after that's taken care of you move on to any necessary constructive criticism about word choice / attitude / etc.

on the the internet it's the other way around.
Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:38 pm
outpatient

Nemonic7 wrote:
I guess I was paying more attention to the on coming car at the light that I was waiting for to give me the right of way to turn than the on coming pedestrian and used my peripheral vision to see the crosswalk.

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:54 pm
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

WAY TO DODGE THE RAPE QUESTION NEMONIC

WE'RE ON TO YOU NOW (AS IF WE DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW TROLOLOL)
Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:34 pm
Limbs

Alias@anticon.com wrote:
jakethesnake wrote:
anomaly wrote:
One time my cousin Walter stuck a cat in his ass; true story. He bought it at the local mall, so the whole fiasco wound up on the news. He embarassed my relatives and all. But the next week, he did it again. Different cat, same result, complete with a trip to the emergency room. Then, last week, I saw him in the pet store. He was buying another cat! I said, "Walt, what the hell are you doing, you know you're just gonna get this cat stuck up your ass too, why don't you knock it off?" And he says to me, "Anomaly, how the hell else am I supposed to get the gerbil out?" My cousin was a complete douchebag menace to society psychopath.

Gerbil accidents do happen, and I'm not trying to paint you as a villain, but take responsibility. You fire a hundred guns every time you stick a gerbil up your ass, don't reframe the time someone gets tagged as something that just happened, especially not something that just happened to YOUR COUSIN.

anomaly, you better fuckin' thank jake for those touch-ups. He helped you out without even asking for any sort of compensation. FREE OF CHARGE, BRO!

I don't know how anyone else feels but, keep to making food and beats for Dolan, huh?

Trolling Jesse is more douchey than Jesse. Who isn't douchey at all. Arrogant maybe but his posts are way more poignant and interesting than those ragging on him. Make a sound counterpoint rather than being a....... Douche.
Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:57 pm
mzehe916

I don't think Jesse would approve of the term "douchey" being thrown around like that. Also, I think this is a forum, we share opinions here. If you want 100% cold, hard facts then you should stick to Wikipedia.
Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:06 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

CHEAP SHOOTS

p.s.

this thread is stupid
Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:17 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

CHEAP DOUCHE!!?
Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:31 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:57 pm
Edomite

This is so simple aside from the clowns. you were thinking about where you wanted to go instead of where you were, she had the right of way...pay some fucking attention
Post Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:21 am
Edomite

Neuro, you are a first class idiot when it comes to logic, stick to video games
Post Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:24 am
Edomite

crash wrote:
in real life you give advice first, then after that's taken care of you move on to any necessary constructive criticism about word choice / attitude / etc.

on the the internet it's the other way around.

What type of advice could you possibly give in this situation if you're not a lawyer? Pay attention?...next time?
Post Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:30 am
Captiv8

Was anyone genuinely uncertain if Nemonic had hit someone? There was some ambiguity of language, but at no point did I get the impression that Nemonic was saying it was the pedestrian's fault or that has was trying to evade responsibility. If anything, an amount of concern for the welfare of the victim should have been expressed by those in the "douche" camp as a way of positively reframing this discussion. Jesse, per usual, called attention to aspects of the discussion in a way that wasn't helpful to anyone. If you want someone to take responsibility for their actions there are far more useful and constructive methods than full-force dickishness.

So then I got to thinking, how does Jesse interact with those he calls friends? We saw it in a video of his. There was a dude beatboxing while Jesse did some Stomp-like action with pop cans. But then what does Jesse do? He gets perturbed by the crude phallic nature of the cans and starts fucking up the rhythm. Then he knocks all of the cans off the picnic table. This is analogous to just about everything Jesse posts that isn't self-promoting. He takes a fun situation and makes it lame through self-righteous (note again the emphasis on the self) destruction.
Post Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:47 am
AdamBomb

Man...folks around here cross the street all the time without thinking on some "I'm a pedestrian, I dare you to hit me." Crossing not at crosswalks, but just in the middle of the street, even when you have a green light. Sometimes even with multiple lanes. Its amazing. I suppose you may win the lawsuit, but Im sure you'd trade that money knowing you died or got blasted around carelessly like a rag doll. I've got insurance, but is the $$ plus your nuts getting ripped off by my bumper gonna make it all good?

Its almost worse in California with bicyclists. Dudes just occupying lanes with cars on 3-4 lane roads. You're not Kevin Bacon, get the fuck off the road. And I can count on one hand the times I've seen people using hand signals. Its the law, beedges...you already lost your cool points when you wore a full spandex outfit and a live strong bracelet.

Post Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:15 pm
Alias@anticon.com

Limbs wrote:
Alias@anticon.com wrote:
jakethesnake wrote:
anomaly wrote:
One time my cousin Walter stuck a cat in his ass; true story. He bought it at the local mall, so the whole fiasco wound up on the news. He embarassed my relatives and all. But the next week, he did it again. Different cat, same result, complete with a trip to the emergency room. Then, last week, I saw him in the pet store. He was buying another cat! I said, "Walt, what the hell are you doing, you know you're just gonna get this cat stuck up your ass too, why don't you knock it off?" And he says to me, "Anomaly, how the hell else am I supposed to get the gerbil out?" My cousin was a complete douchebag menace to society psychopath.

Gerbil accidents do happen, and I'm not trying to paint you as a villain, but take responsibility. You fire a hundred guns every time you stick a gerbil up your ass, don't reframe the time someone gets tagged as something that just happened, especially not something that just happened to YOUR COUSIN.

anomaly, you better fuckin' thank jake for those touch-ups. He helped you out without even asking for any sort of compensation. FREE OF CHARGE, BRO!

I don't know how anyone else feels but, keep to making food and beats for Dolan, huh?

Trolling Jesse is more douchey than Jesse. Who isn't douchey at all. Arrogant maybe but his posts are way more poignant and interesting than those ragging on him. Make a sound counterpoint rather than being a....... Douche.

says the guy who got booted from Sole's message board for trolling...
Post Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:41 pm
Dan Shay

Under the right circumstances many people could accidentally hit a pedestrian taking a left.

You're in the middle of the intersection waiting for oncoming traffic that is running the yellow light. Now the cross traffic has a green and you're looking over your right shoulder to see if someone is going to t-bone you. Pedestrian is dressed in dark.

My reaction if this kind of tragic circumstance happened would be as follows:

Oh my fucking God I hurt someone. I hope they'll be ok and nothing is permanent. I could've easily killed them and I feel sick about the whole thing, if I did I don't know how I would live with myself afterwards. I'm scared to drive now.

Please compare my reaction to the following:

Quote:

My question is, is anyone familiar with this? Besides going to court and paying the ticket which was for "Failure to yield right of way to pedestrian" and personal injury, am I looking at a lawsuit? And if so, how bad a lawsuit? By the way the victim did not ask me for any of my personal information although I suppose she can get it from the police that filed the report.

In my opinion our society is sick and the original poster is a product of that so I don't necessarily blame them for this train of thought.

The fear of liability is bottlenecking our society, especially in the healthcare realm so it's not too surprising that initial reactions jump to that.

It's hard to keep my criticism constructive.
Post Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:35 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next