Search
Register
Got in to a car accident today hit a pedestrian in crosswalk
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

tommi teardrop

You drive as much as most of us do and you are going to get into an accident where you are at fault without malice. Hence the word accident. There is a lot going on on the roadway.

Why Jesse felt it necessary to act like homedude needed to take responsiblity for something that he already admitted was his fault (The "I didn't see her comment") is beyond me.

Things do just happen. And they happen to the people at fault as well as the people that get hit. Everything happens. What he meant was that he wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary to be negligent.

The girl obviously wasn't injured that bad (some pain) or else he would be talking about that. Homey just wanted some legal advice.

Why people feel the need to point out other's fault and imply that they are glossing over it in threads like these, baffles me.
Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:06 pm
adic

Tommi said what I was thinking... some judgemental mofo's in here...
Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:12 pm
Nemonic7

Even though i didn't have her name or contact information, at the scene of the accident the woman had to use my phone to call someone so today I called that number and got in contact with the woman i hit. I got her name and she said she was doing fine. Although she did keep the conversation very short and told me that she'd call me back. I spoke with my insurance company which is Geico and I have full coverage but I am still working out some details with the insurance on this claim.

Scottie, the other two accidents I had within my history as a driver were so minor that there was no damage at all to the other car and very little damage to my own and insurance was not involved. So this is the first time that i am filing an insurance claim.

I'm in New Jersey by the way.

Thank you all for your advice.
Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:59 pm
ROTTY

Re: Got in to a car accident today hit a pedestrian in cross  Reply with quote  

Jesse wrote:
Few minor touch-ups, free of charge.

This was the only douchey bit. The rest is on point.
Post Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:28 am
Jesse Custer

Just proof that even when he is in the right he can't help being a dick about it.... :cry:
Post Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:14 am
outpatient

Nemonic7 wrote:
I got in to a car accident today. I was driving tonight and making a left turn and accidentally hit a woman crossing the cross walk. I didn't see her.

at what point during the turn did you not see her? I mean, when did you actively look to see if people were on the road?
Post Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:55 am
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

I love how everyone on this forum has never made a mistake, ever. Lol.
Post Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:26 am
Nemonic7

outpatient wrote:
Nemonic7 wrote:
I got in to a car accident today. I was driving tonight and making a left turn and accidentally hit a woman crossing the cross walk. I didn't see her.

at what point during the turn did you not see her? I mean, when did you actively look to see if people were on the road?

It was a two way intersection that was busy with cars not pedestrians (she was the only pedestrian crossing) at the time and I guess I was paying more attention to the on coming car at the light that I was waiting for to give me the right of way to turn than the on coming pedestrian and used my peripheral vision to see the crosswalk. The on coming car gave me the the right of way to make the turn and I hit her with the left front side of my car. I believe she was walking in the direction opposite but parallel to the street I was on before I made the left turn but from the part of my car I hit her with she must have already been halfway through walking the crosswalk. I didn't even notice her as I was pulling up to the light. It seemed like she came out of no where so I think she was on my blind side or my vision was blocked by that part of the car that separates the windshield from the driver side window. My brother often makes a left at that same intersection and he says he can see how it happened and that it almost happened to him too. It was also dark at night, she was wearing dark clothing. I would suggest they put a traffic light at that intersection for people who want to make left turns as it does get really busy and cramped with traffic at times. I don't know, I don't want to seem like it wasn't my fault, it was and it was an accident.
Post Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:03 am
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

jakethesnake wrote:

Not at all. But language is important. Nemonic certainly doesn't seem as bothered by the correction as you do.

Tommi, I guarantee you I don't drive as much as you do. Why? Because I've been in too many accidents of varying degrees--at least half of which I caused--to feel comfortable driving any significant distance on a regular basis. I actively avoid it, and have grown over the years to really dislike the idea of humans driving cars.

Google has the right idea.
Post Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:24 am
jakethesnake

breakreep wrote:
jakethesnake wrote:

Not at all. But language is important. Nemonic certainly doesn't seem as bothered by the correction as you do.

Tommi, I guarantee you I don't drive as much as you do. Why? Because I've been in too many accidents of varying degrees--at least half of which I caused--to feel comfortable driving any significant distance on a regular basis. I actively avoid it, and have grown over the years to really dislike the idea of humans driving cars.

Google has the right idea.

My response was to outpatient, not jesse. For once, I agree with jesse, but I still think his "fix" was unnecessary and he does think way too highly of himself and I could see how you could interpret my post as being directed at him, because it surely does in most cases. He's infallible in his own mind.

Last edited by jakethesnake on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:40 am
anomaly
Loserface

One time my cousin Walter got this cat stuck in his ass; true story. He bought it at the local mall, so the whole fiasco wound up on the news. It was embarassing for my relatives and all. But the next week, he did it again. Different cat, same result, complete with a trip to the emergency room. Then, last week, I saw him in the pet store. He was buying another cat! I said, "Walt, what the hell are you doing, you know you're just gonna get this cat stuck up your ass too, why don't you knock it off?" And he says to me, "Anomaly, how the hell else am I supposed to get the gerbil out?" My cousin was a weird guy.
Post Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:03 pm
Scottie

anomaly wrote:
One time my cousin Walter got this cat stuck in his ass; true story. He bought it at the local mall, so the whole fiasco wound up on the news. It was embarassing for my relatives and all. But the next week, he did it again. Different cat, same result, complete with a trip to the emergency room. Then, last week, I saw him in the pet store. He was buying another cat! I said, "Walt, what the hell are you doing, you know you're just gonna get this cat stuck up your ass too, why don't you knock it off?" And he says to me, "Anomaly, how the hell else am I supposed to get the gerbil out?" My cousin was a weird guy.

3 cats in under 10 years? Man that guy is menace to the feline population.

Last edited by Scottie on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:09 pm
jakethesnake

anomaly wrote:
One time my cousin Walter stuck a cat in his ass; true story. He bought it at the local mall, so the whole fiasco wound up on the news. He embarassed my relatives and all. But the next week, he did it again. Different cat, same result, complete with a trip to the emergency room. Then, last week, I saw him in the pet store. He was buying another cat! I said, "Walt, what the hell are you doing, you know you're just gonna get this cat stuck up your ass too, why don't you knock it off?" And he says to me, "Anomaly, how the hell else am I supposed to get the gerbil out?" My cousin was a complete douchebag menace to society psychopath.

Gerbil accidents do happen, and I'm not trying to paint you as a villain, but take responsibility. You fire a hundred guns every time you stick a gerbil up your ass, don't reframe the time someone gets tagged as something that just happened, especially not something that just happened to YOUR COUSIN.
Post Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:15 pm
Captiv8

jakethesnake wrote:
anomaly wrote:
One time my cousin Walter stuck a cat in his ass; true story. He bought it at the local mall, so the whole fiasco wound up on the news. He embarassed my relatives and all. But the next week, he did it again. Different cat, same result, complete with a trip to the emergency room. Then, last week, I saw him in the pet store. He was buying another cat! I said, "Walt, what the hell are you doing, you know you're just gonna get this cat stuck up your ass too, why don't you knock it off?" And he says to me, "Anomaly, how the hell else am I supposed to get the gerbil out?" My cousin was a complete douchebag menace to society psychopath.

Gerbil accidents do happen, and I'm not trying to paint you as a villain, but take responsibility. You fire a hundred guns every time you stick a gerbil up your ass, don't reframe the time someone gets tagged as something that just happened, especially not something that just happened to YOUR COUSIN.

Well done, Jake. The gender of the cat should be specified as well just to make sure that we're not neglecting felines AND females.
Post Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:27 pm
Alias@anticon.com

jakethesnake wrote:
anomaly wrote:

anomaly, you better fuckin' thank jake for those touch-ups. He helped you out without even asking for any sort of compensation. FREE OF CHARGE, BRO!
Post Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:38 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next