Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

for crying out loud
Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:58 pm
Mikal kHill

Sage Francis wrote:
kHill,
To this DAY...this very fucking DAY...I still take on the painstaking task of trying to get my Nintendo games to load without the blinking light happening. Nudging the game ever so slightly to the left or the right. Blowing in the cartridge...doing every trick possible to get the games to work. And I have sworn that if I ever meet the designer...the person who decided that this was the best way to load games into a system...when I meet that fella, he's going to get slapped the fuck up! haha. I hate that person. If you refurbish NES systems in a way that makes them work flawlessly, then you're my personal hero. I should learn to do this officially rather than just doing the same old tricks I did as a kid. Time to grow up.

You can totally buy those 72 pin connectors for 5 to 8 dollars on ebay usually, they either need to be cleaned or replaced every few years, but after you replace them the system will play FLAWLESSLY most of the time.

EDIT: Or you can grab them from where Dan Shay linked. It takes no time at all to replace, super easy and way way WAY worth it. haha
Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:26 pm
Mikal kHill

Neuro wrote:
Mikal kHill wrote:
Custom painting and refurbishing nintendos.

where do you get all the nintendos, aren they hard to find?

can you make a nintendo unit with all the games built in/ installed?

Nintendos aren't super hard to find, but they are getting more expensive.

I can't personally make one that is preloaded with games, but you can get a cartridge that is USB loadable with ROMS, so you can put your collection on one cart.
Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:30 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Top-loading NES's blink bluescreens a lot less..
...and the cornerless controllers don't hurt your hands.
Too bad it took 8 years to perfect that technology...
Would've saved me a lot of blowing and cursing..

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:19 pm
Mikal kHill

I hate the look of those, and I prefer the square controllers. SNES controllers are dope, though.
Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:41 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

snes was perfect

i've never grown to like analog sticks.

gimme a d-pad and six buttons. L, R, X, Y, A, B
Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:03 pm
Mikal kHill

Yeah, it's really hit me in the past few days how fucking awful the Xbox controllers are. The d-pad is a fucking joke, the joystick is about as useful as the D-pad, really, and has no subtlety, and I think i note lag in the buttons, but maybe it's just me.
Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:34 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i understand that about the d-pad , they recently released a new version of the controller where you can switch that, havent tried it, but i think 360 controllers are the best of current consoles , super comfortable, alot better than ps3's design IMO, now the original OG xbox controllers with the big bubble, Those are awful
Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:54 pm
Mikal kHill

Oh, I totally think they are the best stock controller. I'm trying to research modding options, but I'm really coming up with nothing other than bullshit rapid fire mods and shit like that.
Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:03 pm
crash

Location: the chocolate city with a marshmallow center and a graham cracker crust of corruption

mancabbage wrote:
i need to get on some of this buildering shit, you use a bouldering matt for that crash? I gotta invest in one of those

no, i didn't know they existed till now. i enjoy climbing, but what i do isn't very technical because falling isn't an option.
Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:59 pm
penelope

trying to find way to trick pandora into playing "Who By Fire" ...!
Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:49 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

T-Wrex wrote:
snes was perfect

i've never grown to like analog sticks.

gimme a d-pad and six buttons. L, R, X, Y, A, B

you got the six button thing right but its all about the 6 button Sega controller

as far as as the xbox controller goes the only games that suck with it are arcade style fighting games......using the trigers or bumpers is so inconveinent it makes my hands cramp in no time
Post Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:39 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Mikal kHill wrote:
Sage Francis wrote:
kHill,
To this DAY...this very fucking DAY...I still take on the painstaking task of trying to get my Nintendo games to load without the blinking light happening. Nudging the game ever so slightly to the left or the right. Blowing in the cartridge...doing every trick possible to get the games to work. And I have sworn that if I ever meet the designer...the person who decided that this was the best way to load games into a system...when I meet that fella, he's going to get slapped the fuck up! haha. I hate that person. If you refurbish NES systems in a way that makes them work flawlessly, then you're my personal hero. I should learn to do this officially rather than just doing the same old tricks I did as a kid. Time to grow up.

You can totally buy those 72 pin connectors for 5 to 8 dollars on ebay usually, they either need to be cleaned or replaced every few years, but after you replace them the system will play FLAWLESSLY most of the time.

EDIT: Or you can grab them from where Dan Shay linked. It takes no time at all to replace, super easy and way way WAY worth it. haha

I am the furthest thing from a "handy man," but I actually followed through and completed this task with success. I ended up throwing away a few screws because I couldn't remember where they belonged, but everything is running smoothly. Haha. Anyway, thanks for the advice. NES is back in effect.
Post Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:29 pm
anomaly
Loserface

I wish I still had my Nintendo. I think I chunked it when my last controller stopped working.

Dumbass.
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:10 pm
anomaly
Loserface

My wife and I have recently taken up wine making. We're about a week in on our first batch. My uncle has done it off and on the last 30 years and he has it down to an art where his end product tastes like fruit brandy. Not quite sure of the alcohol content, but it's pretty high and it's mighty tasty. Got some recipes and tips from him. None of us are blind yet from drinking it, so I guess we're going to be ok. I can't wait to see how it comes out. Lots of research and science involved.

Anyone messed w this?
Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:18 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4