Search
Register
End-of-Year lists & the future of music
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

selfworth

probably the only cd i actually bought at a store this year was the black keys-el camino
Post Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:35 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Nemonic7 wrote:
Was in Walmart today about to buy the new Common album but saw that they only had the edited version so I had to pass.

all of walmarts cds have been edited for about 10 to 15 years or even more now buddy
Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:32 pm
Captiv8

Neuro wrote:
Nemonic7 wrote:
Was in Walmart today about to buy the new Common album but saw that they only had the edited version so I had to pass.

all of walmarts cds have been edited for about 10 to 15 years or even more now buddy

Fucking conservative censorship at work. Pushing issues under the rug rather than initiating a dialogue. I realized this way back when I bought 311's first album Music many years ago. Weird stuff with the Waltons.
Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:56 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i thought everyone knew that walmart did that, i thought it was common knowledge
Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:09 pm
keito

Nope. Why do they censor music, as opposed to attaching warning labels or just not stocking selected albums? What gives them the right to alter an album's content like that (does the musician have to consent)?

Anyway last year I purchased about half of my albums in store ( the herd- future shade, jehst - dragon of an ordinary family, scroobius pip - distraction pieces plus quite a few more), about a quarter from record companies online (like SF) and a quarter as a digital download (usually from unsigned artists, mixtapes, and albums that I just couldn't find physical copies of).

Prefer to buy physical copies over digital, as a lot of indie hip hop labels seem to like to include novelties (detailed artwork, signed etc).
Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:41 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5