Search
Register
NBA 2011-2012. The NBA is back!!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

adic

I'd have to see the numbers, which I believe the owners are not willing to fully disclose to know for sure, but 50-50 split between players and owners doesn't seem fair to the players to me... Players get paid a lot, and its hard to imagine the other half of whatever the owners are paying for is close to that...
Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:21 am
Limbs

Juneauite wrote:
The people who are saying that they hoped basketball would stay gone are confusing and make me sad. I like basketball, I like watching the NBA. If you don't, or have some beef with the players or owners, that's fine, but are you really so cruel that you would actively root against people being able to enjoy a thing they like? I don't personally care for tennis, I find it boring to watch, so I change the channel when it comes on sportscenter. I don't hope and wish that they cancel all tournaments and never play any more of it, ever, just so I don't have to deal with it existing in the world! That's crazy talk. What about the thousands of people around the country who work in arenas, or restaraunts, bars, and other businesses near them who rely on having the foot traffic that the games brings? Are you hoping they won't be able to make a living? Yes. Yes you are.

Also, people complaining that it is too expensive need to actually go to a game. I paid $20. for a decent seat to see the Blazers last time I was in Portland(2009), and it came with a free 16 oz. beer and medium nachos. Much less expensive than even going to a movie.

Oh c'mon. You don't have any completely irrational, selfish hopes? Don't lie.

I just like silly drama and change. It was fun. And the idea of a shortened season is really exciting. I've always thought they should shorten it significantly. It's not like baseball where individual stats are almost important as team records.

Like the shortened NFL offseason. That was great.

I do think basketball and hockey are going to swap roles in popularity soon. Or at least break even.

But anyway, the Pistons will be irrelevant again this year. What's up with fantasy basketball? Any fun?
Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:05 am
tommi teardrop

Shit, CP3 to the Lakers. God damn. Should be interesting to watch. If they trade Bynum and Peace for Dwight Howard I kill myself.

Oh well, as long as we get Heat/Lakers in the finals, my basketball watching life is complete.

Knicks got some catching up to do. Tyson Chandler is not going to cut it. Mavs will probably need to make a deal as well.
Post Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:31 pm
Captiv8

How stoked is Chris Paul right now? Pretty deadly tandem between him and Bryant.
Post Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:35 pm
spagucci-one

Sure CP3 is a good pickup, but Laker fans are forgetting they have a crappy coach. Good luck with that!
Post Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:29 pm
futuristxen

Heard they may get Scola or Okafor in this deal too. And then they'll get Dwight. Maybe use their tradeded player exemption to go get Milsap. Baron Davis will come to backup CP3.

CP3/Baron Davis
Kobe/Let's say JR Smith just because
Artest/Grant Hill probably
Scola/Milsap
Howard/Okafor

Still hate the Heat? Haha.
Post Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:45 pm
MCGF

Am I the only person who thinks that, unless the Lakers get Howard or some other solid big men, the Lakers didn't really gain much? Pau Gasol and Odom will be hard to replace, and big men win championships.
Post Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:07 pm
Prontoid

MCGF wrote:
Am I the only person who thinks that, unless the Lakers get Howard or some other solid big men, the Lakers didn't really gain much? Pau Gasol and Odom will be hard to replace, and big men win championships.

yer they just lost their frontline, Bynum and Artest are not reliable no matter how overrated Bynum may be...which makes it seem even more likely to me they gonna do something to get Howard or similar...over the hill Bryant and Paul are not gonna get anywhere near a championship with a bunch of chumps...as the Lakers currently sit Paul almost had a stronger team with the Hornets...
Post Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:29 pm
spagucci-one

futuristxen wrote:
Heard they may get Scola or Okafor in this deal too. And then they'll get Dwight. Maybe use their tradeded player exemption to go get Milsap. Baron Davis will come to backup CP3.

CP3/Baron Davis
Scola/Milsap
Howard/Okafor

Only 3 players on your roster are actually on the team. There is no way Baron Davis lands with LA, nor Okafor, or JR Smith.

And yes, I still hate the Heat probably more than ever after that horrible interview LeBron gave ESPN.
Post Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:35 pm
JohnSchwan

spagucci-one wrote:
futuristxen wrote:

CP3/Baron Davis
Scola/Milsap
Howard/Okafor

Only 3 players on your roster are actually on the team. There is no way Baron Davis lands with LA, nor Okafor, or JR Smith.

And yes, I still hate the Heat probably more than ever after that horrible interview LeBron gave ESPN.

Owners blocked the deal, gah the NBA owners suck.
Post Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:37 pm
spagucci-one

JohnSchwan wrote:
spagucci-one wrote:
futuristxen wrote:

CP3/Baron Davis
Scola/Milsap
Howard/Okafor

It was the Comish who stopped the deal. I'm glad the trade got the kaibosh pit on it. Im sick of these teams trying to build super teams. Spread the talent amongst the league.
Post Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:43 pm
adic

I'm not sure that was a good deal for the lakers anyway...

Wonder if they block a trade with the Warriors for Curry?
Post Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:08 pm
Prontoid

spagucci-one wrote:
JohnSchwan wrote:
spagucci-one wrote:
futuristxen wrote:

CP3/Baron Davis
Scola/Milsap
Howard/Okafor

It was the Comish who stopped the deal. I'm glad the trade got the kaibosh pit on it. Im sick of these teams trying to build super teams. Spread the talent amongst the league.

Disagree, they should cut 6 teams and let them stack stars, a quarter of the teams are pointless
Post Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:04 pm
futuristxen

Wow what a fiasco. This is WHY the Hornets need to be contracted. You simply cannot have a team owned by the league making trades and swaying the balance of power in the NBA. They should never have even entered into talks about Paul being traded.

Now it's a complete mess, and Stern has angry players, agents, and fans on his ass.

This might be the end of David Stern(I hope).
Post Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:25 pm
quasifoto

Agreed, what a freakin mess! It wasn't an unfair trade to begin with. The hornets probably won't get a better trade than that and potentially could have screwed up so bad that next summer he walks and they get nothing. And now all these players are supposed to report to the teams that just dumped them? 3 teams got royally screwed. When has a trade like this ever been blocked in sports? The blow it with this lockout and right out of the gates this happens, it's unreal.

end of this article explains it...

To me, this makes the league feel like its rigged, that Stern just does whatever Stern wants to do. Hes messed up the competitive balance of this league a lot worse by killing the deal, because youve completely destroyed the planning that New Orleans, Houston did and left them in shambles over this. Ive never been so discouraged about this league, never so down.

I mean, come on: Chris Paul is leaving New Orleans in 66 games. Hes gone. And whats Dell Demps, and that franchise, going to have to show for it?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=At_MCea0tR2fjoZ6_q4Uws28vLYF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_chris_paul_lakers_hornets_nba_120811
Post Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:02 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next