Search
Register
The all things MMA thread: pt. II
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Rob-Raz

Wasn't Evans just in the cage after Jones' last match hyping up their fight? Still injured I am guessing? Oh well, Machida vs Jones will be worth a watch.

Ultimate Fighter related...lovin that Team Mayhem is running all over Team Bisping so far! Ha.
Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:24 pm
mancabbage

wow. hendo / rua, that was fuckin immense
Post Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:04 pm
mancabbage

support dan millers kid, get an awesome shirt

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/367511/Chocolate-Al-tees-for-sale-to-aid-Miller-fundraiser/
Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:28 am
neveragainlikesheep

UFC JAPAN.

I'M THERE!
Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:33 am
anomaly
Loserface

Apparently Leben has been suspended for a year due to a failed drug test. Homie likes painkillers.

I can see that.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/26287/ufc-138s-chris-leben-suspended-one-year-following-failed-drug-test-painkillers.mma
Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:22 am
Rob-Raz

Too bad he can't pull off anything like this in major US fights. Crazy!

Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:41 am
anomaly
Loserface

damn, don't mess w/ the Polish.....they'll front-roll heelkick you in the neck like it's nothing.
Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:49 am
mancabbage

neveragainlikesheep wrote:
UFC JAPAN.

I'M THERE!

shiiit, jealous as hell. rampage is gona put baders head through the canvas, gona be great
Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:17 am
neveragainlikesheep

mancabbage wrote:
neveragainlikesheep wrote:
UFC JAPAN.

I'M THERE!

shiiit, jealous as hell. rampage is gona put baders head through the canvas, gona be great

Yeah, I'm super excited for this. It'll be my first live MMA event.

I think Edgar is going to smoke Henderson, so I'm really hoping for a good fight between Rampage and Bader. Don't count out Bader's power, I think he might have something for Rampage.
Post Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:49 am
mancabbage

i dunno man hamil couldn't get page anyway near the floor and bader was dropped by ortiz... i'd be mad surprised if rampage finds himself in any trouble

live mma is an amazing experience, the crowds are a lot louder than they sound on the tv which is awesome but there'll also be a bunch of fake tanned up spikey haired drunk retards being loud, ignore em and you're all good... although that said japan will probably be the opposite
Post Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:13 pm
Rob-Raz

mancabbage wrote:
i dunno man hamil couldn't get page anyway near the floor and bader was dropped by ortiz... i'd be mad surprised if rampage finds himself in any trouble

live mma is an amazing experience, the crowds are a lot louder than they sound on the tv which is awesome but there'll also be a bunch of fake tanned up spikey haired drunk retards being loud, ignore em and you're all good... although that said japan will probably be the opposite

Yeah I think Japan would be a great place to see a live show. Probably some of the most educated fans there are. Nothing like hearing people cheer someone going for a nice submission the same as they would a KO head kick. Nothing more annoying here in the US than the Boos when a fight goes to the ground, or the stupid "USA USA" chants whenever one of the contestants isn't "Amuurican!"
Post Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:44 pm
anomaly
Loserface

CHICAGO -- A convicted felon decided to mug an MMA fighter on the Southwest Side of Chicago, police say, and ended up paying a steep price.

Police did not release the victim's name but said he was able to ward off Anthony Miranda, 24, who ended up with two black eyes and a gunshot wound to the ankle after a tussle.

The victim was sitting in his parked car near 55th St. and Kenneth when Anthony Miranda, 24, walked up to the car asking for a lighter, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

When the victim did not have one, Miranda pulled out a handgun and demanded money, police officials said. He then demanded the victim get out of the car.

At some point, the victim was able to grab control of the gun while Miranda's attention was diverted. The two men wrestled on the ground and during the fight, Miranda accidentally discharged his gun, shooting himself in the ankle, police said.

The victim was able to pin down Miranda until police arrived and later told officials he was a martial arts expert and ultimate fighting champion.

Miranda was taken to Holy Cross Hospital with a face full of cuts and two black eyes, police said. He has been charged with armed robbery and aggravated discharge of a firearm, a class X felony.

Records show Miranda has several convictions, including at least one for a residential burglary. He was ordered held on $350,000 bond Sunday.

source:
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/06/9246414-mugger-left-bloodied-after-attempt-on-mma-fighter

before:

after:

^ HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, this fuckin' guy ^
Post Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:35 am
mancabbage

gotta be arlovski no?
Post Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:13 pm
Eric B

I love stories like this.

This one last month was pretty good too. Complete with video!
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Fighters-in-L-A-for-BJJ-tournament-stop-a-robbe?urn=mma-wp9093
Post Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:30 pm
mancabbage

gsp has blown his acl. 10 months out. diaz condit for interim title, will be a great fight but i'm still pretty disappointed, I hope GSP can recover 100% from this, knee rehab is a bitch
Post Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:34 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 166, 167, 168  Next