Register
I was in shock, now I'm just bored.
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

laurapalmer wrote:
the mean wrote:
Man, reading this thread, and the crash thread that was linked here sure makes me realize that the quality of posting on this board has degenerated greatly.

yeah.

And yet, in the past 3 months, you've only posted in the college football thread, the droid thread, and this "rape" thread. I'm sure mean is in the same boat.

edit: I was pretty close, mean has posted in this rape thread, the NFL thread, the college football thread, and the "becoming a freeman" thread in the same time period. You might as well stop pussy-footing around and add "since I stopped posting" to the end of your forum quality remarks.
Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:05 pm
Limbs

I've casually lurked here since like 2003. I think it has dumbed down. I hope I have contributed to that. :-P
Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:52 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

It's always been the same shit; it just seems less academic these days.
Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:59 pm
xX gideon Xx

the internet is over.

*sobs*
Post Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:28 am
Jack

iv seen people post how this place isnt like it was or less academic for the past 3/4 years it seems
Post Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:17 pm
Captiv8

T-Wrex wrote:
It's always been the same shit; it just seems less academic these days.

I blame this on Sequence's departure.
Post Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:17 pm
SFR announcement

It's because of twitter, facebook, tumblr, G+ and other social networks disseminating people's time and involvement on the internets. We're guilty of that too. And it's OK.
Post Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:55 pm
Szechwan

SFR announcement wrote:
It's because of twitter, facebook, tumblr, G+ and other social networks disseminating people's time and involvement on the internets. We're guilty of that too. And it's OK.

Lol, no idea wut u r talking bout.
Post Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:50 pm
Sarcastro

I don't think it's so much the social networks as a combination of real life and Internet changes.

For one, I think if you look at the core group of "contributors" to this forum we're all relatively in the same age range, and we all went from being single, college people with little to no real life responsibility to adults whose life doesn't afford them the time to fight over whether Chino XL calling a woman a hoe in a song is determinantal to society at large.

The other one is that web information is so much easier to get now, I can go on reddit for half and hour and I'm up to date on all the funny pictures of cats and the latest gifs, and I suppose there are similar websites for if I wanted to learn about something smart, so now I'm not coming here hoping that this one forum member might have found something in the corners of the internet for me to see. Basically this place used to be my source for getting news, whether that was musical, political, entertainment or just funny crap this was my source, and it was a better one than the rest of the internet had to offer. An on top of that I'd get to talk to an artist I was obsessed about, now I'm old so the obsession died down and I only like him as a friend.

I just wish Plum Puddin was around during the haydays, that dude is one of the greatest things on the entire internet.
Post Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:25 pm
Plum Puddin'

Post Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:09 pm
Jesse Custer

Sarcastro wrote:
I don't think it's so much the social networks as a combination of real life and Internet changes.

For one, I think if you look at the core group of "contributors" to this forum we're all relatively in the same age range, and we all went from being single, college people with little to no real life responsibility to adults whose life doesn't afford them the time to fight over whether Chino XL calling a woman a hoe in a song is determinantal to society at large.

I think people are also less earnest and have a bit more perspective. So they don't sweat arguing the little shit as much, and are not trying to prove they're fighting the good fight at every possible opportunity.
Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:53 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22