Search
Register
Iphone 4s vs Android Bionic.
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

squirtisblow

Ah yea, then i guess that makes sense. I never really followed the volume issue as we won't have it in the US because we don't use those frequencies.
Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:56 pm
Rob-Raz

laurapalmer wrote:
Does anyone have Sprint? How is the service?

Does anyone have tips on getting a free decent phone from Verizon?

And...the Nexus has major reception issues. Not good.

My contract is over with Verizon, so I can go where the free phones are. Sadly, looks like the Nexus is a dud on the actual "phone" part. Verizon thus far won't give me anything decent as an upgrade phone for free. No reason to reup with them if I don't get my device.

Sorry to catch this post a bit late. Several places had decent free/cheap phones with 2-year upgrade over the weekend. Keep your eyes peeled, still a ways until X-mas.
Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:32 am
Disharmony

Ordered a 32g Iphone 4s.

Fuck Samsung and Verizon for being so cryptic about the nexus release date. I'm sure I will have fun with my iphone.
Post Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:57 pm
Jesse Custer

I got my nexus over the weekend. I am enjoying this phone thus far, but there is one major thing I'm disappointed with.

I thought it would have that brilliant method of text input that the Galaxy II has where you just connect the letters without 'button presses' but it is instead just a standard touchscreen typing keyboard interface. Really gutted about that.

Apart from that, all good so far!

Anyone know what the best 'notes' app is for android? I downloaded one but it was all like advertising shit to me whilst I was trying to write notes so that had to go.
Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:50 am
redball

The S2 comes with Swype installed. The Nexus can't have that because Nexus phones must be sold with stock Android. You may be able to get Swype via their beta, or you could try a competitor like SlideIT. Though, I'm not sure whether these aftermarket keyboards work with ICS.

I installed the ICS keyboard app on my phone and I have to say that I really like the new keyboard, assuming that this backport is a good representation of it. There are times when I miss the Sense keyboard, but overall I think this one is better.
Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:37 am
ecapataz

Jesse Custer wrote:

Anyone know what the best 'notes' app is for android? I downloaded one but it was all like advertising shit to me whilst I was trying to write notes so that had to go.

Evernote.
Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:09 pm
Jesse Custer

redball wrote:
The S2 comes with Swype installed. The Nexus can't have that because Nexus phones must be sold with stock Android. You may be able to get Swype via their beta, or you could try a competitor like SlideIT. Though, I'm not sure whether these aftermarket keyboards work with ICS.

I installed the ICS keyboard app on my phone and I have to say that I really like the new keyboard, assuming that this backport is a good representation of it. There are times when I miss the Sense keyboard, but overall I think this one is better.

I gotta say as I've always had phones with physical qwerty keyboards before I have no real frame of reference, but I'm getting used the touchscreen typing really quickly and it's remarkably easy to do with out mashing all the wrong buttons.

But I really like that swype when I tried it out on my friend's phone so I will download this and give it a go. Thanks very much!

(also cheers escapataz, for saving me having to trawl through every note app)
Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:43 pm
Captiv8

This has nothing to do with these two phones per se, but I discovered today that I had been charged $113 by T-Mobile through a recurring payment system. I knew I would be charge $58 to fulfill the final month's payment, but the other $55 dollars was a mystery. So I called T-Mobile up to see what the deal was. The representative I talked to said that because I ported my cellular number to Sprint on 10/31 I had canceled my T-Mobile plan (which ended on 11/1) early.

We're talking a difference of essentially 9 hours between a legitimate end to the contract and this early termination fee. However, when I called T-Mobile on 10/31 I specifically asked if I would be charged this fee and the rep told me no. She said all I would have to pay was the final month's bill. So I'm arguing with the rep I called just a few minutes ago, telling her that this is ridiculous and terrible customer service when she played the "it's in the terms and conditions part of your contract" card. She repeatedly told me there was nothing I could do on some fine print bullshit. So I asked to speak to her supervisor. She really tried hard to dissuade me from doing so, saying they would tell me the same thing, but I insisted on speaking to them anyway. She puts me on hold for like five minutes, then comes back and says that they can reverse the $55 charge in 72 hours. I still have to call T-Mobile back Friday, but I'm glad that I'm getting my money back. $55 is a lot of cash to me, especially this time of year.

I've never been that argumentative on the phone before, as I don't like being that person. I wasn't yelling or cursing, but I was clearly angry. I'm glad that a little perseverance paid off this time. +1 me. Anyway, watch out for T-Mobile's shady contract obligations, especially since they don't ever tell you when your contract is up.
Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:43 pm
redball

I had a similar thing happen with me on AT&T. The number transfer didn't go through until the first day of the billing period and they made me pay for the entire month. The moral of these two stories is thus: When you get a new phone you should do so at the beginning of the third week of the month after your contract expires. This means that your overlap for the bill is low while you run less risk of being charged for an additional month from your old carrier. Also, when you sign a 2-year contract you should translate that to 25 months.
Post Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:25 am
Disharmony

I've had my new iphone for a few hours now. First impressions: this OS is slick as hell. I think I will be happy with my decision.
Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:33 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Disharmony wrote:
I've had my new iphone for a few hours now. First impressions: this OS is slick as hell. I think I will be happy with my decision.

yeah its great, good choice, and i just have the regular 4

let the haters hate but it really is the best
Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:52 pm
Disharmony

I went from having 0-1 bar intermittently in my room to full bars. Verizon > Sprint. Also the phone just feels nice in my hand, so much so it makes me nervous. I'm looking into a 3rd party insurance plan and I'll probably find a nice case for it.
Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:06 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i think the rubber type cases are the best, i never use those screen protectors and its been perfectly fine but i also take very good care of it

im not sure with the 4s but with mine i downloaded an ap to choose a free case and they sent it to me, that was when people were complaining about the metal strip that goes around it, again, not sure if they are still doing that but you should check being that most cases are about 30 bucks for a decent one
Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:09 pm
redball

Told ya.
Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:19 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Post Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:08 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next