Search
Register
WINNER OF THE "BAD THINGS" REMIX CONTEST...
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

adic

Congrats to the winner, and thanks to Sage and the crew for putting this whole thing together...
Post Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:16 am
b. dolan
FBI agent

magOwl wrote:
I used to be quite easily offended back in the day, I usually never said anything tho, I just got seriously pissed off in silence.

That's the right way to do it. I still do that. That shit can fuel you for years ;)

The other way to do it is for crumbs, and I doubt it even results in the crumbs getting satisfaction.

Like, why petition Sage? What do you want from him? An apology? Even if you get it, you still know that he wasn't into it. So the damage to your fragile ego has already been done, and now you just look like a salty guy with a substandard remix.

Grow up. Make a shrine of 'people to kill' in your closet like everybody else, and plot their downfall at the feet of your future awesome in secret!
Post Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:08 am
magOwl

A big congrats to Theory77, well deserved!
And big up to Sage and the rest of you guys for making another one of these happen!

@b.dolan haha yeah man, very potent fuel.

@laurapalmer I can hook you up with some instrumentals if you want, not a problem.
Post Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:49 am
Bring that Beat Back

laurapalmer wrote:
Hurry up and sign this cat to Strange Famous. Love everything I have ever heard from that dude.

Post Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:22 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

We're not really in the business of "signing" people anymore, but I'm more than willing to work with him on more music and I'm sure the rest of the SFR fellas feel the same way. Also, I always make this mistake, but Theory 77 is from Brighton (not London.) I asked if he had any words to share and this is what he sent me:

"Right now I'm sitting here scratching my bald spot as I ponder what to put down here. First and foremost - THANK YOU! I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate the kind words and, quite honestly, overwhelming support I've had over the past few days. It's been incredible. I woke up this morning, saw the news and was instantly reduced to a grinning and humbled puddle - which isn't an inappropriate metaphor for a change.

As always, the level of competition was FIERCE to say the very least. It's obvious that everyone worked ridiculously hard on this. Very intimidating. It reminds me of my DJ Battle days minus all the people wanting to punch me in the face. HUGE rah-spek to all who entered. Many, many thanks to all the nice folk who wrote super kind things on SFR, the forums and the SFR F***book page - even if some of you do sound completely insane! And of course to all at SFR itself.

I very nearly didn't enter this one due to time issues - then at the last minute I realised that I'd submitted the wrong MP3! So yeah...glad indeed. The fact that someone at SFR spent the time to photoshop a picture of a dude crapping himself was the icing on the cake for me. Even though it unnervingly sort of looks like me twenty years ago!

I don't know how much I'm supposed to write here so I'll just keep going until Sage decides it's time to get his edit on. Someone mentioned the "Beeped" line - that's because drugs are naughty. I have spoken.

Huge thanks once again. Really. Free and massive hugs all round.
Lots of love, Mike xxxx
Theory 77"
Post Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:12 am
Flawed Logic

Location: Austin, TX - Albuquerque, NM - Kalamazoo, MI - Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

Congrats Theory 77 on a hell of a track. There was a lot of really top notch remixes on this contest.

Thanks to Sage, B.Dolan, the Metermaids and Strange Famous Records for taking the time to put this together. We'll see you at the next one, whenever that is.

p.s. the picture of Theory/runner 77 shitting himself is priceless
Post Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:06 am
laurapalmer

magOwl wrote:
A big congrats to Theory77, well deserved!
And big up to Sage and the rest of you guys for making another one of these happen!

@b.dolan haha yeah man, very potent fuel.

@laurapalmer I can hook you up with some instrumentals if you want, not a problem.

yep, yep. for seriously. blackcrowseo on the gmail
Post Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:26 am
cubbiebear

Big shouts to everyone. The critique on our remix is on point. I've been wrapped up in getting my album ready and had a show on the 26th I was in charge of so we didn't get to quite where we wanted but felt the effort put in was worth a listen. Glad it still had a sparkle even if it's not a shooting star. A lot of good remix's here. Good job guys. Theory 77 much deserved homie. Thanks for the shouts Sage, Sentence and Swell. Metermaids always kill it. And big ups to the homie Brown on the collab.
Post Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:52 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3