Search
Register
Tron has a wheelchair! (updated with happy pics)
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Majawala

Limbs wrote:
anomaly wrote:
Is contacting the BBB and filing a complaint (and possibly seeing if there have been other complaints filed) against the groomer an option?

I'm curious about this too. Do the vets have any theories to what happened?

http://www.reddit.com/r/askscience would have an answer for you. they have verified scientists of all sorts who answer questions all the time.
Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:04 am
Elorza

That's sad. I miss my doogies. But Tron looks to be in great spirits. All I could think watching that video was "aww s/he wants to play so badly". Looks like a trooper for sure. And your dedication in this is both refreshing and inspiring.

Hope all goes well for you and yours miss.
Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:45 am
C.R.A.Z.Y

my cat has 100 percent less mobility then this before she recovered and now shes is fast and rowdy and healthier then ever.

lants there's awesome hope your dog is going to recover completely. i know it. i just know it.
Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:27 pm
Dr Sagacious

That song (Boxer is filled with songs I listened to during a pretty depressing break up) coupled with that story made it impossible for me to watch that video without the waterworks happening. Especially since my dog Daisy, that we've had since I was 8 or 9, is starting to lose function of her hind legs.

But I'm super glad little Tron is doing better. That video is actually great, by the way. It was definitely heartwarming when Tron was like, "Aw Hell naw, son", and chased Jaws after watching him play fetch.

I'm one of those people whom treat pets like they are a member of the family, so I get where you are coming from. Keep your head up, Lants & Tron!
Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:02 pm
Lants

you guys are all awesome.
Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:02 am
mancabbage

been putting off opening this thread as i knew it would kick me in the nuts, saw some of the updates in other corners of the web and its a proper bummer. Dogs are definitely a member of the family.... i mean shit, i prefer my dog to a lot of my relatives - most of them good for nothing but moaning yet i can go out for 5 mins, come back and my dog is like YEAAAAAAAAAH FUCK YEAH ITS YOU!!!!! YOU'RE AMAZING!!! LOOK IVE GOT YOU A SOCK!!!

If relatives did that i might like them more.

This time last year my dog keeled over out of nowhere, rushed him across london in the middle of the night to a 24 hour vets where he passed away.. apparently had some sort of heart defect that was just a time bomb and could have gone at any moment, was shit.

Wish all the best for the lil tron. Dog was named after lazers and killer computer motorbikes, its gona be a hardman and see it through, inevitable
Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:46 am
Lants

so sorry dude :(

to be honest, i guess i expected people to not understand because i have been dealing with some shit IRL about how much i care for Tron & Jaws.
my partner's sister has been an absolute troll about it. apparently i don't know what it is to really care for something as i am not a mother.
Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:46 am
redball

Lants wrote:
my partner's sister has been an absolute troll about it. apparently i don't know what it is to really care for something as i am not a mother.

As a parent, a pet owner, and someone who has lost both pets and children, I can tell you that his sister is a fuckwit. The bond with your child is by far the strongest, I will grant her that. That doesn't mean that the bond with your pet is somehow inferior, or that you don't understand how to care for something because of it.

Tron is a part of your life. A living, breathing animal that you've raised and cared for. Tron was seriously hurt and is struggling. Of course this will be difficult! Perhaps you should ask her how it is that she understands so well how to care for something yet can't even manage to be a decent human being when someone else is coping with a tragedy.
Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:33 am
Lants

at first i let it stress me out. a whole lot. like to the point i felt physically sick at least once a day over it. i've never been in this position (where i don't get along with partners family). but i work 14 hour days. i spend at least 4 hours a day on top of that with Tron stuff. now i just think his troll sister can go and shove her opinion up her nasty arse. i have too much going on right now that actually matters to deal with her superior bullshit.
Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:14 am
Lants

also - the children thing - as a person who is absolutely sure that i do not ever want to have my own children, i feel that i am in a position to know that my dogs mean every bit as much to me as her child does to her. it's not about her child vs my dogs. we can each love something as much as it is possible for us to love a thing.
Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:17 am
FuseONE

So what exactly is the sister's beef with you taking care of your dog? i don't get people.
Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:25 am
remind

Big ups to Tron and Lants!
Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:46 pm
mancabbage

FuseONE wrote:
So what exactly is the sister's beef with you taking care of your dog? i don't get people.

some people are just cunts man, nothing you can do
Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:33 pm
IAmNiki

There's documented proof now that the same hormones are released when you bond with a pet as when you bond with your own child. The bond may not be not that strong but it's still good to point out to people that pretend an animal can't mean a lot to you.
Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:36 pm
FuseONE

mancabbage wrote:
FuseONE wrote:

some people are just cunts man, nothing you can do

Not to sidetrack the conversation here, but I've always thought it was rather humorous how the english drop "cunt" so much more casually than we do here. in america, it's just about the worst thing you can call a woman and thus, it's pretty rarely used. i think in england, it's almost like calling someone a "jerk" in america, right mancabbage?
Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:04 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next