Search
Register
#OCCUPYWALLSTREET
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Flawed Logic

Location: Austin, TX - Albuquerque, NM - Kalamazoo, MI - Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

I watched that UC Davis video last night and it's some heavy stuff. I'm proud of all of those people who stood up to those cops and defended their fellow students in a non-violent way.

The Olbermann video was really good too. Bloomberg is an "interesting" person with a lot of money and power...

Here's something I found interesting.

"Clark Lytle Geduldig & Cranford proposes that the American Bankers Association pay CLGC $850,000 to conduct “opposition research” on Occupy Wall Street in order to construct “negative narratives” about the protests and allied politicians."

sorry for the ad before the vid - :(

http://openchannel.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/19/8884405-lobbying-firms-memo-spells-out-plan-to-undermine-occupy-wall-street
Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:00 pm
FuseONE

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:23 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Hats off to the OWS protesters for staying peaceful amidst all the adversity and attacks. Sadly, I don't think I could remain as civil. Much respect for sticking it out as long as you have. That said, everyone's civility has a breaking point.

What's really kind of disturbing and confusing to me is how people can stand by...watch something like this happen...and yell "shame shame shame" instead of reacting in violence.

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:58 pm
xX gideon Xx

Sage Francis wrote:
What's really kind of disturbing and confusing to me is how people can stand by...watch something like this happen...and yell "shame shame shame" instead of reacting in violence.

7/10? wait, what's happening here? are you trolling, sage?

i'm supah confused.

fuseone - where did you get that image? i can totally imagine a series of these going viral, to force obama to more directly address the various police responses to OWS. like an endless series of designs that pair his various statements during the arab spring against images of u.s. citizens taking the boot here at home.
Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:22 pm
phataccino

That UC Davis video is infuriating. Every single cop there should be arrested. I'm with Sage, I would love to have seen the crowd just swarm and start bombing on those fuckers.
Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:50 pm
FuseONE

xX gideon Xx wrote:
fuseone - where did you get that image? i can totally imagine a series of these going viral, to force obama to more directly address the various police responses to OWS. like an endless series of designs that pair his various statements during the arab spring against images of u.s. citizens taking the boot here at home.

I can't remember exactly, but there weren't any other pictures on the site of his arab spring quotes on pictures, unfortunately. that is actually a very good idea, though.

i would love to know where the fuck barack obama is these days on OWS. i don't know how he can't speak out now after the UC Davis incident. and i don't want some quivering, pussified shit like "protesters have to be peaceful if they want keep doing it!" because they fucking have been and this is still what happens. not like it matters or anything, but he sure is losing my vote quickly if he doesn't say/do something meaningful about this very soon.

what i really don't understand about all the police brutality...not that the movement was on the verge of going away or anything, but wouldn't it have had a greater chance of more or less petering out eventually without all the pepper spraying & assorted violence from the cops? all they're going to do is provoke more and more people into getting involved now.

for example, this is a quote from the guy who made the video:
Fowler said the mood on the campus "has shifted drastically. A lot of the students who were on the fence or weren't following the movement closely are getting very involved now. There [are] a lot of students calling for the Chancellor's resignation in response to what had occurred yesterday."
Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:51 pm
FuseONE

Post Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:55 am
FuseONE

Post Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:57 am
FuseONE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8775ZmNGFY8#!

Holy shit, now THIS is some powerful stuff....

the students sit on the ground with their arms linked along the Chancellor's walk to her car....and sit in complete silence the whole time. the absolute perfect response.
Post Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:59 am
quasifoto

why are they protesting at UC Davis? isn't that just a college? why that college and not others? and what did the chancellor do? is she part of wall street? sorry, i googled some stories and can't find the background "why's" to this.
Post Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:28 am
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

NPR just posted a follow-up video. This is how you motherfucking protest.

Post Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:04 am
MCGF

quasifoto wrote:
why are they protesting at UC Davis? isn't that just a college? why that college and not others? and what did the chancellor do? is she part of wall street? sorry, i googled some stories and can't find the background "why's" to this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2063706/UC-Davis-pepper-spray-video-Chancellor-Linda-Katehi-refuses-quit-police-attack.html
Post Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:43 am
quasifoto

ok, thank you... so "she authorized the authorities to use force". that's what i've been failing to see anywhere with this story.

So why are the students protesting OWS on campus? I completely get why anyone would be upset about that pepper spraying, but why were they at that particular location to begin with?
Post Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:57 am
MCGF

Many cities and college campuses have their own "OWS" style protests. Occupy Boston, Occupy Baltimore, Occupy UC Davis. It's all the same movement; it's not just on Wall Street.
Post Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:23 am
quasifoto

and we have one here in Albany and I understand that and why they are there, it's at the state capital, a government building where it makes sense to protest. i thought it was protesting against wall st corruption and the govt to step in to make changes. that's why i don't understand why it's at colleges? is it because they are state schools?
Post Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:32 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next