Search
Register
Iphone 4s vs Android Bionic.
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

squirtisblow

hahaha, that's why i'll never own an iphone. fuck itunes. that and the whole inability to use your own HD that you paid for as a usb jump drive.
Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:19 pm
redball

I found some stuff saying to uncheck "Include Videos" in the Sync Photos section. You might want to try that.

It could very well be a hardware problem. Netbooks do not typically have very durable USB implementations. If you have a large flash drive you could try copying a few GB of files over to it to see if your computer behaves similarly.
Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:46 pm
Captiv8

I definitely think it's a computer issue. As much as I enjoy being able to tote my netbook around easily it's short fucking shrift in the processing department. I really should have invested another $200 bucks to get something much better. Here we go, Christmas money!
Post Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:26 pm
Disharmony

http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/21/european-galaxy-nexus-owners-complain-of-erratic-volume-issue-v/

DUN DUN DUN
Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:48 am
laurapalmer

Does anyone have Sprint? How is the service?

Does anyone have tips on getting a free decent phone from Verizon?

And...the Nexus has major reception issues. Not good.

My contract is over with Verizon, so I can go where the free phones are. Sadly, looks like the Nexus is a dud on the actual "phone" part. Verizon thus far won't give me anything decent as an upgrade phone for free. No reason to reup with them if I don't get my device.
Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:41 am
Disharmony

laurapalmer wrote:
Does anyone have Sprint? How is the service?

Does anyone have tips on getting a free decent phone from Verizon?

And...the Nexus has major reception issues. Not good.

My contract is over with Verizon, so I can go where the free phones are. Sadly, looks like the Nexus is a dud on the actual "phone" part. Verizon thus far won't give me anything decent as an upgrade phone for free. No reason to reup with them if I don't get my device.
I switched from verizon to sprint a few years back but it was the worst decision ever. Only reason I did it was because I got a super great discount. The reception I get is fucking horrible, that's why I am switching.
Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:49 am
Captiv8

I switched from T-Mobile to Sprint for the iPhone. So far the whole thing has been rather underwhelming. I haven't had any service issues, which is actually pretty remarkable since I'm in a relatively rural area, so that part is good. My girlfriend, on the other hand, lives in a much more densely populated area at the moment and gets dropped calls all the time. Go figure. Maybe it has something to do with network bandwiths or something like that. I don't know. See my previous comments about my iPhone experience. Hopefully I just need a better computer. I will say that the few photos I've taken in various indoor and outdoor settings have looked fantastic for a phone camera. Really impressive resolution.
Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:01 am
Jesse Custer

I haven't got my phone yet obviously because of this whole volume rocker issue.... Phoned them for an update today though and apparently the new units get dispatched tomorrow.. Should have my phone in the next few days!
Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:03 pm
Disharmony

Since the Nexus isn't looking as amazing as everyone says it was going to be, I'm leaning towards the iphone now. Trying to figure out if using a smartphone at all is worth it. I have the extra cash, but I'm a little bit stingy.
Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:12 pm
Jesse Custer

Really? Apart from the error that is being fixed, how is it looking worse than you thought it would?
Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:15 pm
Disharmony

Jesse Custer wrote:
Really? Apart from the error that is being fixed, how is it looking worse than you thought it would?
Worse camera. A few random bugs that will need to be ironed out. Not optimizing its new OS. I'd rather go with the phone that isn't going to need to be tweaked for the next year or so to meet expectations. In two years icecream will be a different monster and I may re-evaluate my decision then.

I may change my mind in a day and be a nexus fan again. I dunno.
My brain hurts.
Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:21 pm
O2K
SFF has a stalker.

speed tests show the Nexus as the fastest phone in the world. I'm sticking the the Nexus. You can pre order the phone tomorrow it'll be released on the 8th of December. Hell, even the RAZR is faster than the iphone 4S
Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:25 pm
laurapalmer

The issue with the Nexus, which i posted above, is reception issues. Reception issues for both wifi and for phone. So, that is kind of unsettling.
Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:38 pm
squirtisblow

i've been following the nexus pretty close and haven't heard anything about wifi or reception issues. The volume issue is being fixed soon, though.
Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:09 pm
Jesse Custer

Yeah, the two issues are linked though right? It's the 2G reception frequency that is interfering with the volume rocker. It's all part of the same problem that is being fixed...
Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:54 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next