Search
Register
First-Hand Ghost Stories
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Elorza

Sleep paralysis affects me somewhat often. Used to terrify me: awakening to some figure lurking in the distance, moving closer and closer over time and me being unable to do anything about it.

One particular time I fell asleep, "awoke" to see lights flashing through my window (as if a car pulled up but i was on the second floor), thought it odd but went back to sleep. "Awoke" again to six shadowy figured looming over my bed, struggled for the life of me to get up, to move, at all, a finger, my lips, anything as their hands reached toward my stomach and finally plunged into it. Upon which i awoke, it was morning, and I had terrible, terrible stomach pains all day. Amazing that the body can do to you.

It generally only happens when sleeping supine-really the only time I have nightmares, which I wonder about-but I enjoy it nowadays. Ever since I learned not to fight it, to breath and accept it, it became more of a game of fear. The last time a clawed hand lashed out from under the foot of my bed, crawled up and revealed some kind of fiend or demon, preparing to pounce. I was initially terrified, as is the case, but I quickly accepted that I was dreaming. I looked at it and thought, "well, you're gonna gnaw my face off, what can i do?" and just accepted it as inevitable. It leaped and i awoke just before it coudl eat my face.

No ghost stories on my end tho, despite my efforts. I still aspire to dance with a ghost one day.
Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:00 am
Disharmony

Quote:

It generally only happens when sleeping supine

Yes! I noticed that I was almost always on my back when this occurred. I usually fall asleep in a curled side position so maybe that's why it only happens to me a handful of times a year. It's most common when I'm sharing my bed with someone, often with less space I find myself laying on my back or in a "cuddle" position.
Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:20 am
Captiv8

Sometimes I wake up and I can't pee right away.
Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:12 pm
Plum Puddin'

And then i was like, 'Ohhh... Bruce Willis has been a ghost this whole time!?."

It was crazy.
Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:55 pm
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

Captiv8 wrote:
Sometimes I wake up and I can't pee right away.

It's easier if you sit down that way you're not pointing all up in the air and stuff.
Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:57 pm
zagadka
DARK PAST HAVER

Or, just fuckin fire hose that shit.
Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:40 pm
MYOWNCLICHE

I have seen an orb.. floating through the house. Lights coming on, cabinets opened for no reason. Catching figures out of the corner of my eyes. I never paid much attention to it until it started hanging out in my sons bedroom. At that point I needed to have a conversation with it. I told it that it was welcome that I meant it no harm and I expected it not to harm us. It lingered a few more years and than vanished. I never felt threatened, more like protected.
Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:50 pm
Captiv8

That was The Force.
Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:05 pm
Prontoid

I grew up in a house that was over a hundred years old

2 things

One night I heard voices - I tried to isolate where it was coming from - it was coming from a painting - the painting's metallic frame was actually transmitting a radio station somehow...it was a night of super electrical storms so I figure it was some anomoly to do with that

One night a ball of light appeared beside me, half inside the house, half seemingly outside along with a cracking sound...again it was a night of mad electrical storms so i figured it was some ball lightning type thing, scared the crap out of me though...

apart from that nothing.....
Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:32 pm
Prontoid

Sage Francis wrote:
This is sleep paralysis. Before people were able to study it and make sense of it, supernatural tales were set into place. Such is our way.

That's right, probably also responsible for alot of the alien abduction stories....
Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:34 pm
Plum Puddin'

Prontoid wrote:
Sage Francis wrote:
This is sleep paralysis. Before people were able to study it and make sense of it, supernatural tales were set into place. Such is our way.

That's right, probably also responsible for alot of the alien abduction stories....

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:43 pm
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:25 pm
Plum Puddin'

Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:15 am
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

I think I actually just experienced sleep paralysis for the first time. I never sleep on my back, but I was staying over at my girlfriends apartment for the first time and ended up in that position.

I just remember not being able to move, but it felt like my right arm was spasming out of control. Then I heard the toilet flush when I knew no one else was there so I remember planning to get up and bash someone whenever they decided to bash the bedroom door. Then it just felt like there was a ghost or just..something in the room and I felt the slight press on my abdomen.

Then I just woke up, contemplated it, and rolled over on my side.s
Post Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:28 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2