Search
Register
Sage Francis "East Coast Tour" finished. Thanks!
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I was busting your chops. I know Icarus from way back. However, as we don't use avatars on this forum, it's possible I might never recognize you by face. So it's probably best to introduce yourself to me along with the name you use on the forum rather than say, "Can you guess which forum user I am?" Haha
Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:50 pm
MCGF

I was the kid in the front row with a black t-shirt. We had intense eye contact during the second verse of Crack Pipes, Sage!

The show was fantastic. The openers killed it, and Sage's set was dope. My favorite part was Waterline, and the super powerful spoken word part after it. I got chills.

Also yeah, there were a lot of really weird people haha. A woman molested me, and it was great.
Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:21 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I'm saying...RI kind of owns the socially awkward corner of the American market. I think New Zealand takes the cake in the world market though.
Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:24 pm
MCGF

Did that guy with LI(F)E tattooed on his bicep kiss you?
Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:26 pm
FranktheP

Was it wrong that I hoped a storm would it RI last weekend and not injure anyone but shut the Met down and the show would be rescheduled until I could go? Nah!!!! Glad it went well and glad Matt got to go. Next time.
Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:29 pm
remind

Sage Francis wrote:
I was busting your chops. I know Icarus from way back. However, as we don't use avatars on this forum, it's possible I might never recognize you by face. So it's probably best to introduce yourself to me along with the name you use on the forum rather than say, "Can you guess which forum user I am?" Haha

Ha, no shit you were busting my chops. When I said "not really", I meant that you didn't really think I was him rather than it wasn't really funny. Because it was funny! I have introduced myself to you that way before but thought there was an off chance you'd recognize me since you recognized redball seconds earlier. But I guess I'll just have to accept the fact that I'm just not as sexy as he is.
Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:47 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Oh, and I've also hung out with Redball. But the fact that he is red makes him even more easy to identify. haha. I'll need to come up with some nemonic device to remind me of you who you are.
Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:51 pm
remind

Well, who knows, maybe you'll hear of me the old fashioned way and I'll be the one to remind you (although, I'm thinking of changing my rap name), heh.
Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:11 pm
mattrego

FranktheP wrote:
Was it wrong that I hoped a storm would it RI last weekend and not injure anyone but shut the Met down and the show would be rescheduled until I could go? Nah!!!! Glad it went well and glad Matt got to go. Next time.

Frank, thanks again for the tickets. If you are ever in the Newport, RI area anytime, let me know and I'll get you a friends and family rate at the downtown Marriott.
Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:29 pm
redball

I tend to stand out.

Anyway... that was the best set of Sage's that I've ever seen. It was amazing how the crowd reacted, because up to that point they sucked. They sucked for Eternia. They were okay for Metermaids. They *really* sucked for DJ Rob Swift, whose set was magnificent but I think they only feedback he got from the crowd was from remind and me. They were pretty good for Sage, aside from those two girls he threw out and whoever the assholes in the back throwing beer cans were.

But Sage's set... it was magnificent. I won't go into any details. Just that you nailed it man.

Speaking of nailing it, he also nailed remind's friend in the face with a head of broccoli. It was her first hip hop show. I made her go up and complain to him after.
Post Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:34 am
remind

Haha. I thought I was the drunk one until I looked around and saw motherfuckers chowin down on some Sage broccoli cock. I think my other friend went out of his way to eat some.
Post Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:01 am
Nemonic7

Sage Francis wrote:
Oh, and I've also hung out with Redball. But the fact that he is red makes him even more easy to identify. haha. I'll need to come up with some nemonic device to remind me of you who you are.

Despite both of us being located in New Jersey, i've never met remind. lol.

Sage i was at the NYC show, it was awesome. I was the one in the SFR jacket that you said you liked seeing. I also would like to thank Prolyphic for coming through and dropping a verse. I didn't think he'd be there. It was great.
Post Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:19 pm
SFR announcement

Hahah I hope you notice that I slipped "nemonic" and "remind" into the same sentence there. It was great seeing you at the show.
Post Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:06 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8