Search
Register
Sage Francis "East Coast Tour" finished. Thanks!
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Jedisdope

shirt.

can't make it to the ny show anymore. i have a shoot. but i'll be there in spirit. break a leg as always.
Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:33 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Dear North East,

We're in high need of last minute promotion.

If you could share either of these links on your social networks I would deeply appreciate it.

The front page article with all show info is here: http://tinyurl.com/SFRNE

The facebook events page (if you want to invite people from your personal page) is http://tinyurl.com/2011sageshows

Who can I expect to see at these shows?? Holla holla.
and thank you!
Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:25 pm
lacezilla

Lauren and I will be at the R.I. show.
Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:59 pm
MCGF

I'll be at the RI show with a couple friends.
Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:51 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Tonight!!! Beeaaaannntoowwwwn!!
Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:03 pm
remind

You can expect to see me in NY, Sage. With Redman.
Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:18 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

No time to write reviews but holy crap a lot of shit happened in the past couple days. Tonight is our final show!

RHODE ISLAND, stand up!!!!
Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:07 pm
mattrego

FranktheP wrote:
Just promise me you won't tell me how good it was...

Out of respect for Franks wishes, I won't go into the specifics of the show, but I will say it was exactly what I needed after a couple of hellacious months at work.

I am pissed cause I missed Juan Deuce and Prolyphics set. Very pissed. the Metermaids and Sage said Juan's set was great. And I missed it. Awesome.

Hopefully Sage will chime in and give a breakdown of the Met show and the two others. And explain why the plug in the mic kept falling out.

Good times.
Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:05 pm
Marcus Forealius

First chance I've had to frequent The Met's new spot, and have to say that I like the layout. It reminds me of the old Lupos without the upstairs. Wasn't quite as packed as I thought it was going to be, though.

Haven't heard a ton of stuff from Juan Deuce, but after checking a couple of videos of his and catching a fair portion of his set, I'm very interested.

It was exciting to hear some of the stuff that Prolyphic and Buddy Peace will be rolling out next year, it's definitely worth the wait since the release of The Ugly Truth. And his girl jumping up on stage to rock it for a song? That was real cool to see, and just true love.

I'm becoming a bigger and bigger fan of Metermaids everyday. This was my first opportunity to see them live, and it did not disappoint. They have some incredible stage presence. I'm going to have to make my way through their back catalog to catch up.

And then the grand finale, Sage, was just a great journey through the years. Really powerful song about your experience in South Africa, can't wait to hear more. After Metermaids finished up I was like, "aww no Bad Things tonight, oh well I guess..." and then BAM, there it was, the only thing missing was B. Dolan appearing out of a cloud of smoke for his verse.

Great show, very nicely put together.
Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:54 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Love seeing a show review on the forum! Just like the old days. Speaking of the old days, lots has changed since then. Back when I performed in RI fairly frequently, I helped foster an active scene. Because of that, I was able to pack in shows with the help of local cats spreading word about the shows. There was a sizable crowd this time around, but it wasn't packed to the brim. That kinda bugged me out but I have to accept that people who used to come out to shows now have families, jobs and whatever else comes with being 30-something. So...although I think the promotion could have been better on other sides, and the location wasn't absolutely prime, the burden is definitely on *me* to tap into the younger crowd again somehow. Those are the people who come out for shows because music is still their life. However, I don't have the energy or interest in doing that anymore. Can you tell that I've been thinking about this a lot? haha. Alas, it was a reallllly fun fucking show. Not only that, it was filled with some of the weirdest people I've seen in a long time. RI...you ah crazy.

Metermaids threw down hard EVERY NIGHT. They made a lot of new fans. Big win right there. Prolyphic's new stage set up is great. I love what he's doing with the new songs and with Pilks (of Left Over Wine) on the MPC. Juan Deuce thankfully brought the same charisma he has on his songs onto the stage. I'm a bigger fan because of that.

Gotta start prepping for my next run but I'm compiling a full review of all 3 shows right now. One of the most insane moments happened at the NYC show when Jarobi from ATCQ came up on stage to hype during my rendition of "Can I Kick It?" while Dres from Black Sheep chilled on the side of the stage. I don't even know what to say about that. They came up to me at the end of the show and gave tons of love. This was one of my top rap-nerd moments of all time.

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:53 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Oh, and the reason why the cord kept falling out of the microphone is because The Met had less than stellar equipment. Haha. Had I known about that particular problem ahead of time, I would have taped it up.
Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:38 pm
Bob Harris

Easily one of the best weekends of my life.

The subtitle for the tour should have been "The Terrible Things We All Saw on 95".

It was amazing to be able to spend a grip of time with the SFR fam. Great to hang out with Pro, Sandrine, Storm, Sage, errbody. I will say that I missed having Dolan around. The crew was incomplete. He's repping in the UK though, so I forgive him.

That was the first time we ever played Boston. Loved it. The NYC show was obviously very special for us -- mad friends and family in the spot, and playing Irving Plaza was one of those life goals that felt so good to check off. RI was fucking amazing too.

We took these shows mad seriously. We wanted to establish ourselves as a group who deserved to rep SFR. I still have no voice, and managed to pull all sorts of muscles. So if we didn't prove it, at least we tried.

Prolyphic's new stuff is incredible. Can't wait for that album to drop. And Sandrine kills it on that one song.

I will say this about the big guy - Sage's sets these last few trips have been pretty unreal. Heads may forget how deep the catalog is. Dude is performing an hour and a half of hits. Me and Sentence spent a good amount of time analyzing Sage's set on these long ass drives, and it's crazy how air-tight they are. Songs, transitions, everything.

Thanks to everyone who came out. Thanks to Sage for giving us the opportunity to tag along. Mad love.

SFR for Li(f)e.
Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:13 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I just put together a review of the things that stuck out most to me this past weekend:
http://www.sagefrancis.net/dres-and-jarobi

I didn't want to make this write-up too long or wordy so I stuck to the main things that stuck out to me.

Something I didn't mention, but what I consider a big victory of this past weekend, is how the Metermaids will have no problems getting shows in RI and Boston moving forward. They just earned lots of new fans in territories they don't normally play and I love that.

Thanks again to everyone who was involved. To those who didn't show up for one reason or another, I don't hate you. But I don't love you either. ;-)

TIL NEXT TIME!
Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:14 pm
Flawed Logic

Location: Austin, TX - Albuquerque, NM - Kalamazoo, MI - Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

It sounds like these shows were a hellofa good time. It's got me looking forward to your show in February at the Triple Rock in the Twin Cities. It will be my first time back home in almost a year. It's going to be my homecoming party at your show. Even though my friends and I are in our thirty's, have family's and full time jobs, we'll be there throwing down for sure.

I really enjoy reading things like this Sage. The rap nerd moments you talk about reminds me of when I've exchanged emails with you in the past. "Squeeze every compliment and question into one short conversation (email) before he realizes how weird you are... Christ on a crutch." Hilarious
Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:55 pm
remind

Marcus Forealius wrote:
Really powerful song about your experience in South Africa, can't wait to hear more.

This cannot be understated. Every line hits you right on the fucking chin. Very curious to see how it sounds over a beat.

It was funny when Sage thought I was icarus but not really. ;)
Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:33 am

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next