Search
Register
Juan Deuce added to my RI show. Here's why
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Juan Deuce added to my RI show. Here's why  Reply with quote  

I just added Juan Deuce to my RI show on Nov 5th at The Met
http://tinyurl.com/SageFrancisRItix
Sage Francis, Metermaids, Prolyphic & Juan Deuce.

Juan Deuce is probably my favorite emcee to come out of RI in the past 5 years. He's been kicking around for longer than that, but it isn't until recently that he's become a major blip on my radar. He's on some raw, fun, east coast shit. Lots of charisma there. A while back I shared this video of his:

And here's the new song/video for "Guts"

As you'll notice, both of those tracks are produced by Falside, who has proven to be the most talented and active producer in these parts. Both videos are directed by Ricky Shabazz, who has also proven to be one of the most talented and hustling-est cats in his own field. The teaming of these 3 people is really exciting to me and I hope the rest of hiphop takes notice soon. Juan Deuce & Falside will be releasing a free EP on November 22 called "The Mechanics EP" which is to be followed by their first official album together. Very much looking forward to that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Boston and NYC shows are listed here: http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/news/sagefrancis-east-coast-tour/
Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:06 pm
MCGF

great news! fuck. this show is going to be tight. can't wait.
Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:49 pm
Raoul DeGroot

Aww man thats good rap. Good rap voice good flow. I like dem beats
Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:37 pm
mattrego

Nice! I got falsides most recent beat disc and received some samplers from Juan Deuce and really enjoy both of their stuff. Can't wait for the show. I've been working like a madman the last two months and need a break.
Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:47 pm
crash

Location: the chocolate city with a marshmallow center and a graham cracker crust of corruption

this guy's been on steady rotation ever since you posted the hard luck video. all his mixtapes (albums?) are available on his website for free download. quality.
Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:56 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I think it might be time to talk to him about the whole "free download" thing. This dude works his ass off as a dish washer. I think he's deserving of payment for his art and even though everyone is made to feel that it's best to just give everything away for free, I'm not down with that program. At all. But I understand how it's smart to do early on in one's career. This guy deserves more for his work though.
Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:11 pm
Buddy Peace

These two videos here are really dope, definitely gonna spend some time investigating his stuff further... One day, Rhode Island, one day... Me and you... I'm coming for ya...
Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:39 pm
Captiv8

Sage Francis wrote:
I think it might be time to talk to him about the whole "free download" thing. This dude works his ass off as a dish washer. I think he's deserving of payment for his art and even though everyone is made to feel that it's best to just give everything away for free, I'm not down with that program. At all. But I understand how it's smart to do early on in one's career. This guy deserves more for his work though.

Couldn't this be resolved in the happy medium of the pay-what-you-want system? That way his music still gets out there but he can make a little money as well.
Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:53 pm
english bob

me likey.. 'hard luck' bangs. has he got any any stuff out already that's attainable?

(also, anybody else get a Cage vibe from 'guts'. in the voice. that's not a knock or a compliment - it just is. or maybe it's just me.)
Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:09 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Disharmony

english bob wrote:
me likey.. 'hard luck' bangs. has he got any any stuff out already that's attainable?

(also, anybody else get a Cage vibe from 'guts'. in the voice. that's not a knock or a compliment - it just is. or maybe it's just me.)
Yeah, his voice reminded me of Cage too.
Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:04 am
prolyphic81

Check out http://www.juandeuce.com/, I believe you can get his music through his site.
Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:29 am
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

Is ChipIn something that musicians could utilize for this? I mean, you can just make a donation whenever. Before you buy, after, or just for shits and giggles. ;)
Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:53 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

His voice does remind me of old school Cage. However, I get more of a Redman vibe. Come to think of it, Cage in the early days reminded me a lot of Redman.
Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:22 am
remind

Shit's tight. Can you kidnap this guy for the NY show? Can we expect to hear any brand new Sagey Franks?
Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:30 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I'll be sneaking in a couple new things for sure.
Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:55 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next